MP34 damage numbers?

M_Rat13
449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What are they? I know it takes one bullet less to kill at certain ranges, but I don't know where that is. Does it have much of an impact on ttk at certain ranges? I just want to be able to compare it to it's competition, to see if I'm using the right gun.

Comments

  • Dr_X2345
    729 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly I think if it feels like you're doing well with it and you like using it, then carry on using it. The MP34 is quite a nice weapon to use, feels good, has a little more range than other SMGs, and nice damage. I don't know the exact stats though - you might be able to find them online/on YouTube.
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well it does everything worse than other SMGs, in their intended range (ROF, Recoil, hipfire), while needing one bullet less to kill at 70m or so. The databrowser is down right now so I can not verify right now, but I think it is 70m, where all SMGs drop to 8 BTK while the MP34 is still seven. It is on you to decide, if being underperforming at 0-30m mark is worth being slightly better at +70m.
    Personally I say, 0-30m is 90% of my engagements and if I call someone at 70m with a MP34, it would have likely been possible with the Sten, MP40 and EMP as well, and maybe equally fast with their increased ROF.
  • Dr_X2345
    729 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Well it does everything worse than other SMGs, in their intended range (ROF, Recoil, hipfire), while needing one bullet less to kill at 70m or so. The databrowser is down right now so I can not verify right now, but I think it is 70m, where all SMGs drop to 8 BTK while the MP34 is still seven. It is on you to decide, if being underperforming at 0-30m mark is worth being slightly better at +70m.
    Personally I say, 0-30m is 90% of my engagements and if I call someone at 70m with a MP34, it would have likely been possible with the Sten, MP40 and EMP as well, and maybe equally fast with their increased ROF.

    Fairly sure it has a higher damage per bullet, and is more controllable with noticeably less recoil. Obviously at extreme close range it's not going to out-perform, say, a Suomi or a Thompson, but at medium range it can land hits quite consistently.
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Well it does everything worse than other SMGs, in their intended range (ROF, Recoil, hipfire), while needing one bullet less to kill at 70m or so. The databrowser is down right now so I can not verify right now, but I think it is 70m, where all SMGs drop to 8 BTK while the MP34 is still seven. It is on you to decide, if being underperforming at 0-30m mark is worth being slightly better at +70m.
    Personally I say, 0-30m is 90% of my engagements and if I call someone at 70m with a MP34, it would have likely been possible with the Sten, MP40 and EMP as well, and maybe equally fast with their increased ROF.

    Fairly sure it has a higher damage per bullet, and is more controllable with noticeably less recoil. Obviously at extreme close range it's not going to out-perform, say, a Suomi or a Thompson, but at medium range it can land hits quite consistently.

    The same can be said about the MP40, Sten and EMP. Recoil control is just not a big issue at those low ROF. And these three get two hipfire specs, while the MP34 gets none. I also believe the extra damage is just an extra step from 7-8 BTK, up until a certain range (and I believe it is 50m) there will be no difference. Damage values in BFv are not a curve anymore, but ****-off is now determined in "steps".
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D-R-O-P-off. Geez, that filter.
  • Dr_X2345
    729 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    D-R-O-P-off. Geez, that filter.

    Why would it censor the word drop? Typo to something else?
    Anyway, I still think if you feel like you're doing well with a gun and it feels good to use that is what you should base whether you use it or not on. Which is a bit of a sentimental approach to equipment in a video game, I guess, but it works for me and I do reasonably well normally.
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yeah absolutely, feels matter a lot. If you found a weapon that just works for you, and that includes recoil, ROF, accuracy and even look of the gun, then you should just use it.
  • M_Rat13
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Oh yeah absolutely, feels matter a lot. If you found a weapon that just works for you, and that includes recoil, ROF, accuracy and even look of the gun, then you should just use it.

    I was more just curious about ttk. Whether secretly the MP34 had a really good one becuase of higher damage numbers. Turns out, not so. Then again, I probably would of noticed when I used to use it.

    Personally, I really like the Tommy gun and zk-383, both with light bolt. One is a CQC beast, the other is surprisingly accurate with the bipod.
  • dayglowfroggy
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The zk383 has made the mp34 obsolete.
    If you want to see how they really compare search for ji3a3 on you tube.
    She does an individual comparison of those two weapons as well as single vid just on the mp34 read the video description for a verdict.
    She responds to comment s on her videos as well.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!