Union Jacked Correction Needed

TheVinylPaladin
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 11
I know it's a small thing, but on the back of the Union Jacked torso it says, "Slay for the Queen." This, however, makes no sense because Queen Elizabeth II only began her reign in 1952.

I don't care about women being in BFV one way or another, and I don't mean any disrespect to those with valid complaints about it or those who think it's a good thing, it's just not important to me because it's just a game. I just want this one thing changed because it should say, "Slay for the King," due to the Queen's reign beginning post WWII.
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The timelines on stuff are not accurate which is why they say they don't prioritize accuracy. We've got weapons that weren't utilized yet since the game is theoretically still in the early 40s right now.
  • Noodlesocks
    2785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The timelines on stuff are not accurate which is why they say they don't prioritize accuracy. We've got weapons that weren't utilized yet since the game is theoretically still in the early 40s right now.

Princess Elizabeth wasn't queen at any point during the war. I mean it could still refer to King Geroge VI's wife who was queen of the time but that would be particularly odd.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Princess Elizabeth wasn't queen at any point during the war. I mean it could still refer to King Geroge VI's wife who was queen of the time but that would be particularly odd.
    Oh don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to excuse it, just pointing out that they obviously don't care about specifics. I believe it was said that they always choose 'fun' over historical accuracy.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12869 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @TheVinylPaladin
    Removed the "SJW" part of your post instead of outright locking your thread.

Keep that out of the forum.

Cheers.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TheVinylPaladin

Cheers.

Bahahah love it!

Anyways yeah that is kinda odd it doesn't say for the King? Maybe because it's more fun to fight for a woman? It always seemed to inspire troops throughout history.

Why do hot women make us men do crazy things?
  • DaMutha1
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I definitely think they should do this instead of finishing new maps.
  • TheVinylPaladin
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    @TheVinylPaladin

Cheers.

@LOLGotYerTags There was nothing offensive about the context I used the acronym in, but it's you're call. I will warn you though, by removing it in an inoffensive context, you're only proving the point of those who would claim that's a problem with the game, and before you consider editing this too or locking the discussion, I'm not saying anything offensive in this reply either. I will refrain from using it in the future, but don't forget BFV's sales numbers are extremely low in comparison to BF1, and you should really be trying to win back that audience instead of punishing players for something completely inoffensive and acting like you're being lenient because that only makes players want to distance themselves further (and again none of this is me trying to offend you or anyone else at DICE, I'm only offering a suggestion for the future).
    Post edited by TheVinylPaladin on
  • TheVinylPaladin
    edited February 11
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I definitely think they should do this instead of finishing new maps.

I wasn't saying that this should be a priority because it isn't a major fix. I could even make the change to the texture fairly well using Photoshop in less than an hour, so I'm sure the people at DICE who spent years studying graphic design and would be using some of the best design software money can buy can do it better than I could in half the time.
  • ragnarok013
    3083 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @TheVinylPaladin

Cheers.

There was nothing offensive about the context I used the acronym in, but it's you're call. I will warn you though, by removing it in an inoffensive context, you're only proving the point of those who would claim that's a problem with the game, and before you consider editing this too or locking the discussion, I'm not saying anything offensive in this reply either. I will refrain from using it in the future, but don't forget BFV's sales numbers are extremely low in comparison to BF1, and you should really be trying to win back that audience instead of punishing players for something completely inoffensive and acting like you're being lenient because that only makes players want to distance themselves further (and again none of this is me trying to offend you or anyone else at DICE, I'm only offering a suggestion for the future).

@TheVinylPaladin if you're going to address @LOLGotYerTags you might want to tag him so he can read the message.
  • TheVinylPaladin
    @ragnarok013 Only got on the forums for the first time yesterday, so I thought he would just get a notification for it, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep it in mind in the future.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12869 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi @TheVinylPaladin , Yeah I see you're relatively new, That's why I opted for the edit rather than a thread lock.

The reason we tend to close down threads that refer to SJW's and such, Is that it's simply not constructive and not pertinent to the discussion, It certainly doesn't add anything of value to the discussion and we know full well ( per past experience from the past few months since BFV's launch ) that it is only going to incite forum disruption from others.

The last thing we want to do, Is lock down a thread that could have been a really good debate / discussion, But the mere mention of that could of course send the thread spiralling out of control resulting in people being infracted for rule violations ( including forum disruption and / or abuse / flaming / baiting )

I Hope you understand our position on this, And welcome to the Battlefield forums! o/
  • TheVinylPaladin
    @LOLGotYerTags Thank you for letting me know why, I'll try to avoid it in the future.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @LOLGotYerTags Thank you for letting me know why, I'll try to avoid it in the future.

All good man.

Again, Welcome :)
  • M_Rat13
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi @TheVinylPaladin , Yeah I see you're relatively new, That's why I opted for the edit rather than a thread lock.

The reason we tend to close down threads that refer to SJW's and such, Is that it's simply not constructive and not pertinent to the discussion, It certainly doesn't add anything of value to the discussion and we know full well ( per past experience from the past few months since BFV's launch ) that it is only going to incite forum disruption from others.

The last thing we want to do, Is lock down a thread that could have been a really good debate / discussion, But the mere mention of that could of course send the thread spiralling out of control resulting in people being infracted for rule violations ( including forum disruption and / or abuse / flaming / baiting )

I Hope you understand our position on this, And welcome to the Battlefield forums! o/

Wow, that's a really smart way of controlling the forums. You know exactly what goes on and how to control it into being constructive.

Most other forums do just block those kind of threads. I know the Overwatch forums do.

See, this is one of the reasons why I still have faith in Dice. You try.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @M_Rat13
    Yeah, We don't like being overly aggressive with moderation but obviously for some things we do need to be, Things like this though can just be edited out and have it all be a friendly reminder more than anything.

( I'm not dice though.. xD )

But thanks :)
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't understand how DICE let that get through (especially as the soldiers yell "For the King!" in game), nor can I understand why it's taking this long to do what should be a simple texture edit.