How is the infinite load screen still a thing?

clubseal33
61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I've been playing online multiplayer games for well over a decade and not once had I ever played a game that froze between matches. This game, however, is still freezing between nearly every other match several months after launch. At what point will the developers acknowledge this problem?

Comments

• llMotleyll
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They have acknowledged it apparently but said they can't reproduce the error internally on their test servers so it's going to be a while until they get it fixed.
    I rebuilt my database on my PS4 which seems to have improved it.
  • clubseal33
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    They have acknowledged it apparently but said they can't reproduce the error internally on their test servers so it's going to be a while until they get it fixed.

Thus deepening my suspicion that Dice installed a new [removed] policy or they outsourced this game to developers who didn't know what a video game is.
    [edited to conform to forum rules]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

then the problem is with their real servers hence the not being able to reproduce the problem on test servers.
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This isnt the first ea/frostbite title that suffers from an infinite loading screen bug. The recent anthem beta also has/had the same problem,its either a frostbite issue or a server issue imo,im leaning more towards a server related issue.

• clubseal33
    TamKingski wrote: »
    This isnt the first ea/frostbite title that suffers from an infinite loading screen bug. The recent anthem beta also has/had the same problem,its either a frostbite issue or a server issue imo,im leaning more towards a server related issue.

That's the weird thing though - in Battlefield 3&4, I never saw this issue. Never in Destiny or any COD either, not even in Terraria online. A tip of the cap to whoever created this terrible issue, I guess.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    TamKingski wrote: »

It's a Frostbite issue. Bioware fixed it in Anthem but DICE is to incompetent to fix it.
  • llMotleyll
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do any of you suffer from less than stellar connections? I'm convinced it's got something to do with latency to the servers.
    I had a lot of trouble with my ISP and was crashing after just about every round.
    I got so fed up I started hot spotting from my phone and suddenly no crashes.
    Then my ISP fixed my connection up a bit, played all last night had just one crash.
  • purerockfury24
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They only fix issues that reddit complains about. Like some idiot that doesn't know how to jump through a window it seems he couldn't do it by trying the sides of the window. Dumbest player I have yet seen.

If you have a stupid complaint like your shotgun doesn't destroy vehicles and post it on reddit, they'll put it in the next update. I mean they have shotguns that shoot further than sniper rifles but they are still not strong enough.
  • clubseal33
    They only fix issues that reddit complains about. Like some idiot that doesn't know how to jump through a window it seems he couldn't do it by trying the sides of the window. Dumbest player I have yet seen.

If you have a stupid complaint like your shotgun doesn't destroy vehicles and post it on reddit, they'll put it in the next update. I mean they have shotguns that shoot further than sniper rifles but they are still not strong enough.

BF games have always been weird about shotguns, it seems. It's like the devs sat around wondering, "So, shotguns kill stuff at 1,000 yards, right? Put it in the game!"