Another reason battlefeild V failed.

Minigun991
130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
This won’t be a rant about girls being in the game, or the marketing. Or the lack of firestorm (that no one wants.) it’s actually a big deal I just got reminded of. But let me ask:

Do you guys remember when you could drive an aircraft carrier in battlefield 1942? This is a game in made in 2002.

Or last year when you could drive a airship or Armored train, or battleship. That was a big deal, and really cool. Sure they could of improved them, but still cool.

Now, what innovation did battlefield V introduce?

Attrition: It’s just you with less ammo and useless tanks. Also, you gotta reload your ammo and health here and there. But if you play assult, it goes back to a casual experience.

Buildables: I like it. It’s just building stuff. A welcome addition. Not groundbreaking though.

Character customization: it was in battlefield 4 but it’s extended here. I like it, but wish for more historical accurate stuff.

Co-op: it’s in battlefield 3.

Firestorm: Good or bad, this is a cash grab. Pretty simple.

See the problem here? No innovation. What ever people’s opinions are, battlefield 1 had more innovation then this game.

We have more powerful consoles and PC’s. Why can’t we drive a Maus or even better, a P. 1000 Ratte?

It’s clear the game is not historically accurate. So why not make it a blast. Use WW2 weapons everyone wants to see. Not just the V1 rocket.

Battlefield V is dying, and dice is just watching. Giving it a couple meds here and there.

Comments

• Minigun991
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    The main reason is:

Game is UNFINISHED. And NOBODY FINISHES it. And NOBODY WILL FINISH IT. What we got after 4 months? FEW TWEAKED NUMBERS AND NOTHING ELSE. Not even fixed tweaked numbers, balance is all over the place each patch. This game is done, nobody develops anything, all "new" "content" was prepared before release and just being spoonfed to you, NO REAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS WILL EVER BE DONE ANYMORE.

ONE THIRD OF THE YEAR PASSED BY!

They have your money, its a done deal.

Most got Battlefield V for a discount price. But you’re right.

The problem is now they are blaming everything. Even the SINGLEPLAYER.

How did a single player cost them billions?
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths were a stupid gimmick that allowed some trashy players get some cheap kills. They were generally useless and majority of them were wasted by people who had no idea what to do with them. With over 1300 hours in BF1, I only saw a handful of games where behemoths would actually change the flow of the game.
  • Panzerkeks85
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Innovation is in the game, but at the wrong places... DICE/EA totally forgot what made previous battlefield titles great...
  • NLBartmaN
    3039 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths were a stupid gimmick that allowed some trashy players get some cheap kills. They were generally useless and majority of them were wasted by people who had no idea what to do with them. With over 1300 hours in BF1, I only saw a handful of games where behemoths would actually change the flow of the game.

You mean like the V1 and JB2?

Maybe the flow of the game did not change all that much (with the huge unbalance and lack of balancing in BF nothing can change that ...), but those kind of things sure give an extra dimension to the game, even if you see those things multiple times, for me they stay impressive and something to "fear".

Things like horses, Elites, Behemoths and even the heavy bomber made the game unpredictable, divers and lots to counter and "fear", BF V is just getting instantly sniped over and over again by "invisible" Assaults ...
  • spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

You mean like the V1 and JB2?

Maybe the flow of the game did not change all that much (with the huge unbalance and lack of balancing in BF nothing can change that ...), but those kind of things sure give an extra dimension to the game, even if you see those things multiple times, for me they stay impressive and something to "fear".

Things like horses, Elites, Behemoths and even the heavy bomber made the game unpredictable, divers and lots to counter and "fear", BF V is just getting instantly sniped over and over again by "invisible" Assaults ...

The V1 and JB2 are nothing but squad based kill streak awards. I’m surprised people don’t rant about that as it it straight up COD but with s couple of tweaks- points instead of kills and squad instead of individual.
  • xDJ_Cas
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Innovation is in the game, but at the wrong places... DICE/EA totally forgot what made previous battlefield titles great...

Mexicans?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm... New aspects of the game never before seen in past BF games? I dunno, maybe proning in multiple directions, vaulting out of windows, squad reviving, revives that don't require you to equip a gadget so every medic has the capability to revive no matter what they have equipped, the most in depth character customization we've seen in the history of the franchise (whereas the only other game with even remotely close to character customization, BF4, simply changed the color of the clothing the player was wearing by default), the specialization system, the combat role system, the allocation of active 3d spotting to one class as a teamwork tool, the fortification system, stationary weapon towing, combined arms mode (Co Op has only ever been featured in one other BF title), ledge grabbing, the removal of aim assist from consoles, the removal of free team switching which has been an abused feature in every BF game until this point, the squad requisitions system, the list goes on and on.

There's been more changed and innovated upon from a systematic and technical standpoint between bf1 and BF5 than there was between BF3, BF4, and BF1. BF3 and BF4 could essentially be clones of each other at first glance.
  • NLBartmaN
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Hmmm... New aspects of the game never before seen in past BF games? I dunno, maybe proning in multiple directions, vaulting out of windows, squad reviving, revives that don't require you to equip a gadget so every medic has the capability to revive no matter what they have equipped, the most in depth character customization we've seen in the history of the franchise (whereas the only other game with even remotely close to character customization, BF4, simply changed the color of the clothing the player was wearing by default), the specialization system, the combat role system, the allocation of active 3d spotting to one class as a teamwork tool, the fortification system, stationary weapon towing, combined arms mode (Co Op has only ever been featured in one other BF title), ledge grabbing, the removal of aim assist from consoles, the removal of free team switching which has been an abused feature in every BF game until this point, the squad requisitions system, the list goes on and on.

There's been more changed and innovated upon from a systematic and technical standpoint between bf1 and BF5 than there was between BF3, BF4, and BF1. BF3 and BF4 could essentially be clones of each other at first glance.

You talk about it, if those things are GOOD things and NEW things ...

Those are just tweaks of excisting things, mostly by REMOVING elements (or strength) or place them at a different excisting element ... which with that create a serious unbalance

Only thing that is new, but with little impact, are the building system ... and the rockets ... and a lot of annoying (long) animations that totally not match with the TTK and get you killed all of the time

All the things that are removed, make the game extremely boring, simple, unbalanced and predictable ... like CoD ...
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think people also miss naval battles. Then again, we only got later in BF1s life cycle, so it'll probably end up in this game too. Probably also get an air battle style map, like battle of britain.

The biggest problem, people are impatient hypocrits who want perfection, now. Sorry, but that's not going to happen, in any game.

Dice do listen, and by the end of this games life cycle, I guarantee people will somehow change their tune. It's always the case with battlefield games lol.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You talk about it, if those things are GOOD things and NEW things ...

Those are just tweaks of excisting things, mostly by REMOVING elements (or strength) or place them at a different excisting element ... which with that create a serious unbalance

Only thing that is new, but with little impact, are the building system ... and the rockets ... and a lot of annoying (long) animations that totally not match with the TTK and get you killed all of the time

All the things that are removed, make the game extremely boring, simple, unbalanced and predictable ... like CoD ...

Whether or not you think they're good, bad, annoying, or what have you is based on your own opinion. Those are definitely not the only blatantly new features though. Fortifications, squad revives, ledge grabbing, 360 degree prone, requisitions, combat roles, vaulting through windows, etc - those are all things never seen in a BF game before BF5. This is the FIRST BF game in over a decade to not have auto-rotation aim assist on consoles, a feature that was explicitly abusable and consistently complained about in said games. This is the FIRST BF game EVER to lack a free team switch option that, again, was abused in past games. That IS, in fact, a game changing removal and innovative as far as the BF experience on consoles goes (you know, the place most BF players go to play BF).

There's a difference between things being new, innovative, and drastically changed, and you not liking those things. Things can still be new and innovative despite you disliking them
  • NLBartmaN

Whether or not you think they're good, bad, annoying, or what have you is based on your own opinion. Those are definitely not the only blatantly new features though. Fortifications, squad revives, ledge grabbing, 360 degree prone, requisitions, combat roles, vaulting through windows, etc - those are all things never seen in a BF game before BF5. This is the FIRST BF game in over a decade to not have auto-rotation aim assist on consoles, a feature that was explicitly abusable and consistently complained about in said games. This is the FIRST BF game EVER to lack a free team switch option that, again, was abused in past games. That IS, in fact, a game changing removal and innovative as far as the BF experience on consoles goes (you know, the place most BF players go to play BF).

There's a difference between things being new, innovative, and drastically changed, and you not liking those things. Things can still be new and innovative despite you disliking them

Like I said: removing, moving or tweaking excisting things, that make the game extremely boring, simple, unbalanced and predictable ... like CoD ...

And what is added does not match the TTK (and laser accuracy on large distances) , insane running speed and nerfed vehicles ...
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ''I guarantee people will somehow change their tune.''

Not happening over here.

Poop will stay poop, no matter how much you try to polish it.

(''poop'' because hellokitty\disney languagefilter...)
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    The main reason is:

Game is UNFINISHED. And NOBODY FINISHES it. And NOBODY WILL FINISH IT. What we got after 4 months? FEW TWEAKED NUMBERS AND NOTHING ELSE. Not even fixed tweaked numbers, balance is all over the place each patch. This game is done, nobody develops anything, all "new" "content" was prepared before release and just being spoonfed to you, NO REAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS WILL EVER BE DONE ANYMORE.

ONE THIRD OF THE YEAR PASSED BY!

They have your money, its a done deal.

This right here... This is why BFV is the last Battlefield game I will ever buy upon release. If I buy the next one, it’ll be after it’s been out a year and they’ve finally patched it to completion, and it’s onky $20.

I’m done paying $70 for an unfinished pretty Beta.

• Catsonspeeed
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

The biggest problem, people are impatient hypocrits who want perfection, now. Sorry, but that's not going to happen, in any game.

Dice do listen, and by the end of this games life cycle, I guarantee people will somehow change their tune. It's always the case with battlefield games lol.

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I actually liked the idea of behemoths... The problem was when you put them in the hands of players who didn’t know what to do with them or (in the case of Sues) were useless in taking a point. They were clumsily implemented and almost never altered the course of the battle.
  • tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "invisibility" hehe
    I'm about to Cap the Aerodrome far Flag but I'm not fool enough to just run in all gung-ho .
    I go prone 20 M out and wisely six the scene first - I'm still ON the road , laying close to a rock .
    Almost at the same time here comes 2 Enemy from around the barriers .
    One runs to my left , the other is running straight towards me - I feel that he WILL trip over me in a second .
    I'm there to Cap , not Kill , but now I have no choice - I hit him center-mass with the long gun , he has a moment to go 'what the?' before my handgun finishes him .
    Of course his pal turns around and finishes me .
    No Cap , this time .

I've seen it enough now to safely say :
    Invisibility = I Don't Want To Look Around
    So I'll also say : Keep it up!
    You guys are making it so-o easy for me .
  • aseveredfoot
    2445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's going to take a lot for me to get excited about BFV again. Loved the beta, pretty meh to straight up dislike the final game.

Ultimately it just doesn't feel like an exciting game and I'm not even sure why. It feels like it only should have been $30 to begin with.

It's a shame. They should've been riding high on the horse after BF1's financial success but instead we got a hollow feeling WW2 game.
  • Loqtrall

Like I said: removing, moving or tweaking excisting things, that make the game extremely boring, simple, unbalanced and predictable ... like CoD ...

And what is added does not match the TTK (and laser accuracy on large distances) , insane running speed and nerfed vehicles ...

Like I said, you personally and subjectively disliking the effect the changes and additions have on the game does not negate that these things are either flat out new or changed in a way that will significantly effect how the game is played.
  • NLBartmaN

Like I said, you personally and subjectively disliking the effect the changes and additions have on the game does not negate that these things are either flat out new or changed in a way that will significantly effect how the game is played.

Changing Like removing, moving or change a number) is NOT new ...

And the things that are new have little to no influence or don't match the other elements.