so i uploaded a video of a hacker on forums...

KyddThunder
22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
and i received a reply stating that the policy of "name and shame" is implemented....shouldnt the hackers lose all rights reserved to them via the TOA? when a sexual predator is released from jail, and is living in a neighborhood, all residents are informed with his name, dob, picture...so why cant BFV do the same with hackers? they should be named and shamed!!

Comments

• TFBisquit
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    C´mon, it´s just what it is. Nothing to gain by posting such things. Everybody is aware, and if it doesn´t improve soon, we all may draw our conclusions from that.
    I do hope for EA´s sake, they make some firm improvements, or else their little idea of selling skins may very wel disappoint in a major way.
    Or are there still plenty of people willing to buy skins for this game.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3754 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It's been explained countless times why naming and shaming isn't appropriate for the forums, but I'll go ahead and run down the list of various reasons why it's counter productive for this community.

For starters, there is nothing anyone here on the forums can do about it. We are absolutely unable to affect the outcome of an anti cheat investigation. There are appropriate channels to go through for this (For example, the report function).

Next up, it tends to lead to abusive language and harassment. Abusive language, along with harassment of a player, is absolutely counter productive to the goal of creating an inviting, safe and constructive environment to discuss Battlefield. Granted, we're already struggling with this given the abrasive nature of many players, but further contributing to that abrasive nature is not something we want.

And finally, as we are not the anti cheat team, we are unable to verify that the individuals reported are actually cheating. Since we don't want to open the doors for unjust harassment based on behavior that we are unable to verify, it has no place on our forums.

And yes, these rules do apply anywhere on the EA and DICE platforms, which means any place within the forums.

-CB
  • LOLGotYerTags
    10791 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    and i received a reply stating that the policy of "name and shame" is implemented
    Yes, And that is clearly stated in the rules.
    shouldnt the hackers lose all rights reserved to them via the TOA?
    No because by doing so, As pointed out above, This falls under harassment and online bullying ( both are also violations of the forum rules and EA Terms Of Service )
    when a sexual predator is released from jail, and is living in a neighborhood, all residents are informed with his name, dob, picture...so why cant BFV do the same with hackers? they should be named and shamed!!

There is a HUGE difference between a user of an online game whom would not be a real life threat, And somebody of that particular status.

Let's think about it logically for a moment, A person of that status.. Would be a real life threat to the lives and wellbeing of residents in the area, Whereas a cheater would only really cause disruption for a minority of the playerbase ( at least until such time he is removed from online play via a banned account ).

the disparity between the two are so much at the opposite end of the spectrum, It's actually irrelevant.

That said, You have violated another rule of this forum here by posting this thread for Discussion of moderation, And as such I am closing this thread down.

I urge you to abide by the rules moving forward as continuing to violate them will result in your posting abilities to be revoked temporarily.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!