When you play by yourself...

UberNerD20
30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 12
Do you follow the randos?
I see a lot of people complaining about worthless Smurfs and how the game becomes so one sided and unbalance because there is a squad working together!

So when you go full rando do you run off on your own or adapt?
Are you able to just follow, step back from the k/d lust to play a supporting role? Do you steal the squad if the leader isn't calling objectives? Do you try other squads until you find 2 or 3 people who are working together?

Edited title for unintended innuendo ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• pebjesus
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im trying to ptfo as much as i can, dont revive teammates, when i know i would die and tbag my campers. What a fun game! :D

Pat
  • KMAsterisk
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plenty of mass debating around this subject. To answer OPs question it depends on the unknown SQLs directive. If they call flags there's no reason to request order, however I've found that to be the exception more than the norm.
  • ElliotLH
    4903 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dat title. Wish I was awake enough to think of something witty lol.

I'll normally initially to try working with my squad of randoms and seeing how it does. Occasionally this works and I have had some good games with greenberries in the past, but most of the time that just gets me killed or they're camping somewhere so aren't even good for spawning on. In those case I'll either hop to a different squad, do my own thing or try to just support the herd while they zerg - I never try to steal SQL though as I hate it when people spam the order request when I'm leader and am setting orders (then we have the fun BF mini-game of kicking them, them rejoining, kicking them again, them rejoining).

• Vycinas2
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UberNerD20 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people complaining about worthless Smurfs and how the game becomes so one sided and unbalance because there is a squad working together!

Are you able to just follow, step back from the k/d lust to play a supporting role? Do you steal the squad if the leader isn't calling objectives? Do you try other squads until you find 2 or 3 people who are working together?

Nah mate, i dont play with myself I have a girlfriend, but when it comes to gaming usually I play by myself.
  • wc138
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play with friends. Then I don't have to worry about "randos."

If I'm not playing with friends, I join the squad where there's at least two players with the same tag by their name, and work with them.

It's really not an issue. If you feel that playing with randoms is ruining your game, go to the section of the forums dedicated to finding squads and get some friends to play with and never have to worry about it again.
  • EA_Rtas
    102 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator
    Alright folks we all had a laugh at the title, I've edited it so that we can stay on topic. Carry on
  • dcs500
    1142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play mainly alone, I always scroll through the squads until I find one that’s playing together, especially if they are players running tags. There are a lot of squads of randoms that can play well together, it’s not true that randoms are all useless and can’t play as a squad.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When playing alone (all the time really) I try to play with my squad as much as possible. I'll switch it up if I find I'm matched up with people who like to hide in bushes but for the most part that doesn't happen.
  • plasticman883
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play lone wolf 100%, I avoid squads with more than 2 scouts. I also leave a squad where the members seem to be constantly running into the fray and getting whacked all the time. I tolerate lack of revives as annoying as it is as I'd rather have a non-reviver than someone who seems to be constantly "in combat" and costing the team lives. Loads leave mine too, much more so in this game than others I've noticed.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright folks we all had a laugh at the title, I've edited it so that we can stay on topic. Carry on

And EA has ruined the fun again
  • WetFishDB
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UberNerD20 wrote: »

Edited title for unintended innuendo ~Rtas

I’m super competitive sweaty, in that I do whatever it takes to win. I rarely join a squad of randoms, but normally create my own squad and then kick anyone who doesn’t follow squad orders (harsh, but normally means I’ve got people working with me to win the game rather than a camper off in some far off corner etc).

Ultimately, if I can’t get any decent people in my squad then I’ll try and do it on my own. No point zerging with the rest of the blueberrys just for points whilst losing the game etc. I don’t care about KDR, or SPM. I’ll try and slow down an enemy Zerg, defend a flag that we really need to keep, deal with a problematic vehicle even if it costs me a few deaths etc
  • Billydoc1
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When i play on Twisted Steel & my squadmates go to the bridge i leave them & i go for the other flags....same with Arras...i avoid the E flag...major mistake wasting time & manpower for those flags...sometimes i play completely alone...
  • Sithlordinga
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being a Rando I always try to follow orders or at least provide some direction as SQD Ldr. I would like to join a Clan if it was just easier to do and/or find one.
  • QwarHimos
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Ninja_da_Noite
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, this could get out of HAND quickly. I apologize.

My exact thought...
  • harttdma
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Only time I tried to steal the squad leader - squad leader wasn't calling flags all game, but had 85000 points accumulated and wouldn't drop any V1s even on heavily guarded flags. As soon as I requested an order with 150 tickets left, a flag magically was marked. Guy knew I tried to steal but still refused to use the points I helped earn.

I switched squads.

The rest of the time I try to follow orders, but get a mixed bag. My favorite is capping and holding point G on Panzerstorm (because that was the order), holding off the swarm of enemies, and my dead squadmates respawn, not on me to help, but back at the start and switch to capping point A. I don't switch squads. I spawn in as a medic, and tbag their corpses. Battlefield friends never considered why you'd tbag a teammate. Neebs FTW.
  • plasticman883
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    harttdma wrote: »
    Only time I tried to steal the squad leader - squad leader wasn't calling flags all game, but had 85000 points accumulated and wouldn't drop any V1s even on heavily guarded flags. As soon as I requested an order with 150 tickets left, a flag magically was marked. Guy knew I tried to steal but still refused to use the points I helped earn.

I switched squads.

I had that last night on Breakthrough, the points weren't as high but enough to call in a Sturmpanzer soon-ish and turn the drubbing we were getting around. I called order request a few times and as soon as the time was looming he magically called an objective.

Another thing I've got the last 24 hrs since the new TOW challenge are randoms in your squads waiting in the respawn for tanks and stealing the deployed suppport vehicles as driver. I made the noob mistake of informing a micced up random squad mate that I was going to soon call in a support vehicle. When I did it was appropriated by some lurking other squadmate who spent the entire round in tanks of varying descriptions. I strongly suspect he waited for the time and jumped in. Won't be making that mistake again.