Cavalry class

FoundNoGamerTag
171 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I know bf1 is getting older and older... but still enough people play to not neglect the game!

A long time ago, salty players who blamed every piece of grass for their in game deaths, also blamed horses. It was not in the slightest possible they weren’t as good as they thought they were. The cavalry class had to be too OP!

NO, it was a difficult class and to master and it was not OP! It was such a fun class.

Then they nerfed the hell out of it... so much that they also could have gone ahead and remove it... that is how useful it has become. It’s weak, can’t jump and has a terrible swing radius...
A normal player could get on a horse and it wouldn’t make a difference.

There is no more reason to take the class. Its a shame!

I CALL FOR A BUFF

Comments

• ronybaloney
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't know. I've seen plenty o bad-$#@ cavalry guys that can still decimate the battlefield. I'm not a good player but when I do get on a horse I'm killed pretty quickly. On the other hand I find taking out cavalry to be a pretty good challenge but oh-so- enjoyable!! I may go 1-6 against the horse but I'll keep re-spawning and in the end..... I'll get you sucka!!!!! Maybe even do a little teabagging to celebrate. lol,
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think Cavalry is already powerful enough as is, but I do want to see new weapons and stuff for the class.
  • -Antares65z
    1516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    I have an issue when I dump like 30 rounds from an Mg15a into a horse and its rider, yet I still lose that battle.
  • Imabaka70
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you want to take out a Calvary in 2 easy steps

1. spray bullets at horse to bait them to charge you

2. If they charge at you ready light tank grenade when they are close enough lob grenade in their face.

If you did enough damage with your primary they will instantly go poof.

Note this will only work on Calvary that don’t use their rifle much.

As far as playing Calvary I’m only rank 2 on it but I’m playing it every chance I get. If I happen to kill the rider and not the horse I’ll steal the horse and get to work.
  • RossP317
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd say the standard of cavalry has greatly improved. Played a round on Sinai last night and 2 guys were playing together and dominating the game. Teaming up to take out vehicles and picking of lone infantry with ease. They got me a good few times but even I couldnt help be impressed.

I think it's a class that's well placed just now. AndLMG can take it out but you have to be wary you have enough time to get your rounds off.
  • disposalist
    8280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they left Cavalry a *little* over-nerfed and under-powered, but it's still useful.

You need to use the rifle these days (and get good at it).

You need to run away and recover (a lot) but at least throwing ammo/health to yourself from horseback works now (it was broken for so long).

You need to stay on the horse if you can, since you lose your armor if you dismount.
  • CS-2107
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the horses are fine, if you ignore some of its bugs with the saber and spear swings. It is pretty rare, but sometimes you still swing right at an enemy and the game just says you've missed him completly.
    But apart from that the class is useful enough.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have just recently started my reign of terror on horseback.. Ive never used them until now and I honestly think it would be a big mistake to buff them.. Id be more unstoppable with horses than I am with planes if they received a buff..
  • FoundNoGamerTag
    171 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All of the points you guys made were good ones!
    Now to clarify some things, seeing I wasn’t as sharp when writing this....

1) when I said “normal player, I meant a normal class (assault, support, medic, scout) and not a player with an average skill level!

2) the cavalry class on foot is a joke imho, it has the same health as a normal class. That combined with your equipment, makes it a really bad choice on foot.

3) I said they didn’t jump well and I believe this to be true. First they didn’t jump AT ALL almost, but were great at trampling! Than they were good at jumping and jumped when you needed them to! Trampling took a hit, since you could literally stand on an enemy and it did nothing. But now, they get stuck behind everything, even barbed wire... trampling works half of the time. I’ve even had a lot of situations where I actually jumped OVER enemies (so not killing them) and when I wanted to escape that same enemy who was now behind me, the horse would refuse to jump over barbed wire. That creates a sitting duck situation that will often lead to salty tears

4) swing radius: yeah, I could directly hit an enemy and he’d still live. Same with the spear.

I have footage of all of these problems. I’ve used the cavalry class in the beginning, in its glory days and I’m using it now! I’m level 13 (not that great, but I don’t always go for the class) and I can really feel the difference the (IMO unnecessary) nerfs made.
  • HK_Independence
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    to solve the problem, only need nerf the rifle

EA has nerfed the lance, horse hp and horse roadkill volume in this month.
    between 1feb to 3feb, the lance hitbox was smaller than sword

but those are not effected the cavarly sniper
    because the cavarly sniper will keep a distance
  • crimsonbomber
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All of the points you guys made were good ones!
    Now to clarify some things, seeing I wasn’t as sharp when writing this....

2) the cavalry class on foot is a joke imho, it has the same health as a normal class. That combined with your equipment, makes it a really bad choice on foot.

Why should the Calvary unit have all of the extra health on foot?? Before their “nerf” their health limit was around the same as, or at least pretty close to, the amount of health that the elite classes (sentry, flametrooper, etc.) have.. The Calvary even had/still has unlimited ammo and health pouches, unlimited light AT grenades, and had/has no speed reduction when running which made them way too over powered while off of their horse.. The horse should have good armor, no doubt, but once the rider got off of his horse he should be a normal soldier just like every other class..

If the Calvary unit is going to have extra armor/health when off of his horse then take away the ammo and health pouches, give them just one light AT grenade, and give them a speed reduction while moving on foot in order to make them rely on teammates to give them the Med pouch and ammo that they need just like elite classes..
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 12
    Cavalry is almost cheating with how cancerous its designed. I can blindside one of these idiots and empty an entire magazine from both my rifle and handgun straight into rider and horse, then run up to him and begin rapidly stabbing the rider while he very sloppily trots around for a while missing attacks, all the while I stick to him stabbing and stabbing, then he oneshots me with his saber. There is something very severly flawed when you can outplay the **** out of someone and work 10x harder than they are in the fight and still lose. Cav is one of the worst things about this sloppy casual game. Thank god for recording so I can stick the proof of how upside down broken this crap is in front of everyone. I have an excellent clip where this awful cav rushes me as I empty my mondragon into him, then he misses and crashes into a building and begins sloppily circling me as I unload my 1911 into him. I miss one shot in the entire engagement and had to use a full rifle magazine, and FOUR mags from my 1911 before the rider dies, and this is with almost everything going into the rider's middle. You might as well be cheating on these worthless things. Their health is insanely inflated AND they get a oneshot melee weapon. If you think this garbage is underpowered; you're the type that needs aimhacking to even fight decently. They should be trash on foot with how broken they are riding. How can you possibly say their melee was nerfed when they still oneshot footmen at full health?
  • CS-2107
    I finished the Medal of Khan today and I had good fun with the Cavalry class. It may only be powerful in the right hands, but it is fun.
  • BaroudeurUltime
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cavalry is almost cheating with how cancerous its designed. I can blindside one of these idiots and empty an entire magazine from both my rifle and handgun straight into rider and horse, then run up to him and begin rapidly stabbing the rider while he very sloppily trots around for a while missing attacks, all the while I stick to him stabbing and stabbing, then he oneshots me with his saber. There is something very severly flawed when you can outplay the **** out of someone and work 10x harder than they are in the fight and still lose. Cav is one of the worst things about this sloppy casual game. Thank god for recording so I can stick the proof of how upside down broken this crap is in front of everyone. I have an excellent clip where this awful cav rushes me as I empty my mondragon into him, then he misses and crashes into a building and begins sloppily circling me as I unload my 1911 into him. I miss one shot in the entire engagement and had to use a full rifle magazine, and FOUR mags from my 1911 before the rider dies, and this is with almost everything going into the rider's middle. You might as well be cheating on these worthless things. Their health is insanely inflated AND they get a oneshot melee weapon. If you think this garbage is underpowered; you're the type that needs aimhacking to even fight decently. They should be trash on foot with how broken they are riding. How can you possibly say their melee was nerfed when they still oneshot footmen at full health?

Yeah, but there are ways to get them quick, like everything in the game. You can't take down a tank with a pistol or rifle either, and they can OHK you easily also. Respawn as Assault and cavalry is a OHK with an AT gun. I get that they are way out in the open and should be more vulnerable than tank crew, but thems the breaks...
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah, but there are ways to get them quick, like everything in the game. You can't take down a tank with a pistol or rifle either, and they can OHK you easily also. Respawn as Assault and cavalry is a OHK with an AT gun. I get that they are way out in the open and should be more vulnerable than tank crew, but thems the breaks...
    Being forced as a specific class with a specific weapon to counter them is cheesy. Everything else has multiple counters. I can even kill planes with my gewehr 98. AT guns are silly in this game anyhow, antitank but with a oneshot radius on infantry and instakill cav. Thats silly.
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Being forced as a specific class with a specific weapon to counter them is cheesy. Everything else has multiple counters. I can even kill planes with my gewehr 98. AT guns are silly in this game anyhow, antitank but with a oneshot radius on infantry and instakill cav. Thats silly.

Cavalry does have multiple counters: MGs (stay moving, though), a well-placed sniper shot to the head, other cavalry, TEAMWORK

I don't think a 40mm explosive shell being able to do all that seems silly...
  • Imabaka70
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Cavalry does have multiple counters: MGs (stay moving, though), a well-placed sniper shot to the head, other cavalry, TEAMWORK

I take on and take out Calvary all the time no matter the class. Everyone seems to forget about he light tank grenade. Put a few rounds into them to bait them to you and toss a lot tank grenade into their face. It explodes on contact with the horse. Pooof it’s a magic trick
  • CS-2107
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I take on and take out Calvary all the time no matter the class. Everyone seems to forget about he light tank grenade. Put a few rounds into them to bait them to you and toss a lot tank grenade into their face. It explodes on contact with the horse. Pooof it’s a magic trick

Also it isn't all that hard to dodge those cavalry attacks. Just dodge them and shoot them down with whatever weapon you wield...
  • BaroudeurUltime
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Also it isn't all that hard to dodge those cavalry attacks. Just dodge them and shoot them down with whatever weapon you wield...

And don't go prone (like I do, every. damn. time.)
  • Imabaka70
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

Correct just shameless self promotion here.