A single bomb kills MAA?

patchkid67
19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why does a SINGLE bomb kill the MAA tank? I was on the british side driving a tank, 100%, one bomb from a bomber instantly kills the tank. Seems too much. 75% HP, sure. Can't repair that without a repair station or getting out of the tank. 100% - no.

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tonight, I ran out of bounds to take down a tank-spawn-killer with AT mines and boy did it feel good.. taped it too... maybe that's why it only takes one AT mine(??)
    (If you notice on mini-map he is out of bounds, trying to get easy kills.. it's hard to believe there is a countdown timer for me, but not for him--he can stay all day- DICE: Please address these turkeys)
    ====
    ===

===
    The only sort of console-player worse than this is someone who uses a cronos modded controller.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    1000kg bomb is supposed to kill any ground vehicle in game. Simply because it is 1000kg of TNT falling to you head...

Well there is a thing called game balance. Because apparently it's not ok for MAA to destroy plane in seconds but it's absolutely fine to get OHK by such bomb.
  • MarxistDictator
    4466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1000kg bomb is supposed to kill any ground vehicle in game. Simply because it is 1000kg of TNT falling to you head...

Well there is a thing called game balance. Because apparently it's not ok for MAA to destroy plane in seconds but it's absolutely fine to get OHK by such bomb.

bomb falls below plane

MAA kills across the map while being completely incapable of being approached
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

bomb falls below plane

But that's not actually true because currently Valentine AA is not capable of killing a plane before it can approach you and drop the bomb. And when Dice fixes the bug with Flakpanzer's damage it won't manage to destroy planes before the bomb is dropped either. And no, you can't stare at the skies all the time when every second player in enemy team is assault unless you sit in red zone the whole game.
  • MarxistDictator
    4466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    good thing AAs on maps with planes sit in the out of bounds

also fighters exist, the main counter to bombers. bombers take out tanks and are basically defenseless vs other air. pretty simple

the dreadnought in BF1 is a better comparison, no chance of anticipating it but you get OHK'd in a tank.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Arguing that air support is the only way to take out planes is simply incorrect. There are tanks represented in game that were DESIGNED and built SPECIFICALLY to take down air craft.

Right now, bombers and even fighters will nose dive a stationary turret to kill the player knowing FULL WELL the turret can not kill the plane before the pilot kills the turret player.
    Pilots are blatant about being over powered, its easily witnessed both in their actions and the scoreboard.

The funny thing is, EVEN with the flakpanzer in its broken state, planes STILL dominate the playfield.

How much worse will that get when flakpanzers are brought in line with the rest of the MAA? Well I am no rocket scientist, but my bets are all on planes dominating more than they do now.

• SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try to land one 1000lbs bomb dead on the target.
    it's skillfull.

its even harder when the MAA is already shooting at the plane, because of the camerashake and plane vibrations.

MAA requires no skill.
    10/10 you where sitting completly idle with your MAA when you got bombed.

MAA vs Plane… 9/10 times the MAA wins.

BTW.. there is only one plane in the game that carries a 1000lbs Bomb.
    There is one other plane that carries 2000lbs of bombs. (4x 500lbs on the JU-88)

Allieds have NOTHING to one strafe kill a tank or Flagpanzer.
    thats what is making the Flagpanzer so frustratingly Overpowered.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Green reticle would like a word with you.
  • Vachan
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try to land one 1000lbs bomb dead on the target.
    it's skillfull.

THIS

• UsainskiSemperFi
    398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

that said, i use Stuka with 1k bomb, and can kill only light tanks with one shot, but to hit it right it is very difficult.
  • Hawxxeye
    3538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

bomb falls below plane

This is what one would think yes.
    But I met that extreme no life bomber pilot who was so good he could launch bombs from the blenheim from further than 250m away and hit a flakpankzer square on the turret with 500lb bombs
  • TheSacar
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the problem with bombers. Shouldn't have been in the game in the first place and certainly shouldn't have been given a 1000kg bomb.
    As a pilot I hate bombers. They are free kills for my fighter, but they also cause the massive irritation that makes everybody hate pilots. They can just spam bomb objectives, which isn't very skillful. And they make infantry want to have even more powerful AA because while AA shreds fighters, it doesn't really scratch bombers.
    DICE need to address the AA damage against planes differently for all variants. Attacking AA should be dangerous for bombers as well, not just for fighters....
  • MarxistDictator
    edited February 12
    I like how everyone is pointing to the bomber as if some kind of huge tradeoff isn't being made by taking one. The bombers are made to be better armored and armed to fight ground targets, which include tanks, but are unable to do anything against fighters.

The best bombers are on the German side and the best allied plane is the Spitfire by a mile, like that's literally all people fly.

The end result, the balance is not actually in favor of the aircraft at all.

Meanwhile the MAA is capable of destroying planes, but also infantry and armor...and can do so from hiding in a red zone. How is that not a thousand times more unfair than getting bombed by a plane?
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

bomb falls below plane

This is what one would think yes.
    But I met that extreme no life bomber pilot who was so good he could launch bombs from the blenheim from further than 250m away and hit a flakpankzer square on the turret with 500lb bombs

That's when you move because the bomb takes like 10 seconds to drop at that point. There's getting good and then there's expecting to just be allowed to play with no game sense and not be punished for it.
  • patchkid67
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 12
    The plane that destroyed the MAA twice in the same game while moving was the JU-88. First time, I was engaging infantry, but had 100% health, plane flies over - dead with a single payload. It LOOKED like a single bomb, but one cannot tell that. The second time I unloaded on the plane as much as possible, did probably 40% of it's health before being blown up with a single hit. This was in the valentine MAA.

Next game I played in the flakpanzer and destroyed 4 bombers, and 2 fighters while going 29-5.

MAA needs balancing. For starters - neither should be a guaranteed kill unless you hit the target 100% perfectly. The bombs should have to all hit exactly, or do 75% not 100%. Same for the MAA, if you can land a perfect salvo of shots, it should be capable of "disabling" the plane. Not exploding it necessarily, but disabled. If the plane hasn't escaped or found cover by the time the gun recovers, the next MAA salvo should destroy it.

If Mobile ANTI-AIRCRAFT has no chance against aircraft, then the tank is useless. The Valentine, at this time, is better suited to killing infantry than aircraft.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

That's when you move because the bomb takes like 10 seconds to drop at that point. There's getting good and then there's expecting to just be allowed to play with no game sense and not be punished for it.

But every plane in the game besides Stuka is silent or almost silent to the point that you can only hear it as the plane is alreeady above your head. And as I said before it's really hard to keep staring at the skies when many bloodthristy assaults are running around.
    I realise that pilots willd efend their favorite toys with all they got but the game has to be balanced properly at some point.
  • MarxistDictator
    Well if its an MAA sitting in the out of bounds (100% of the time on plane maps) it should be pretty hard to sneak up on unless he's too focused on farming infantry.

Also, the only side with tanks that can get OHK'd by bombs are the allies, which stuff the skies with fighters every game. Accept it outside the echo chamber of tears that is this board and any form of aircraft killing ground targets most people are in agreement the planes are lacking.

Which they really are now since you have to fly loops for like a minute to reload your bombs (seperately of resupplying). Try flying more.
  • Hawxxeye
    3538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12

The thing is that this guy would appear so suddenly that it was almost like if I was dealing with a stealth bomber of all things. He also seem to be able to see me from a huge distance even when I was not shooting yet.
    I have never seen any player do that ever before.
    I do not know if he was just amazing or he was using something that made it easier to find enemies but he certainly gave me some ideas on how to bomb from afar
  • MarxistDictator
    edited February 12
    Yea but you have to be stationary for a while to get bombed from that height. It is also an extremely small target to line up in a bomber.

Also spitfires are the game's main counter to planes that can attack armored targets, starting to sound like those guys that would cry when I revenged myself on them with a tank hunter plane when they grabbed an MAA and then I kill them again when they grab another. Is one not supposed to have a chance vs MAA in a plane armed to destroy armored targets?

May as well be asking for TOW nerfs in BF4 tbh, people who reach a level beyond 99.9% of players are not worth balancing planes around.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    Well if its an MAA sitting in the out of bounds (100% of the time on plane maps) it should be pretty hard to sneak up on unless he's too focused on farming infantry.

Also, the only side with tanks that can get OHK'd by bombs are the allies, which stuff the skies with fighters every game. Accept it outside the echo chamber of tears that is this board and any form of aircraft killing ground targets most people are in agreement the planes are lacking.

Which they really are now since you have to fly loops for like a minute to reload your bombs (seperately of resupplying). Try flying more.

There is no reason to talk about red zone campers. Try to be a decent MAA in the open and share the results. You just can't do well because of assault kids, supports with AT mines, enemy tanks and obviously planes. Doesn't work as flawlessly as you describe.