Begging DICE 99.9999% revive deaths

ENDERWigginnnnn
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hey friends. Are many of you medics dying while you have reached 99.9999% completion of a revive. It is a huge issue in BFV and I have played bf3,4,1, and V every day since their respective launches. The challenge is great but I feel that the revive time needs to be a maximum of 0.5 seconds for dedicated medics. A small tweak would basically retain many of us dedicated medics.

Thanks,
Ender

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, defib was instantaneous... needle should be same.
  • spychodelics
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, 1 medic who instant brings his 3 friends up! thats what we really need.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. Nothing worse than the revive trains we used to have. If you want to revive you better be damn sure it’s safe.
  • ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you're a medic then it's already pretty quick. You just need to revive "smarter" sometimes - for example if someone dies out in the open then leave them to respawn.
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly think this is an awesome solution to revive what we got currently... you pick up your buddies Card from the box and take it to the revive station...
    Ohh wait...
  • ChewGoat
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Yeah, 1 medic who instant brings his 3 friends up! thats what we really need.

some people eh?

1 instant then normal after while instant is on cd there you go.

or make instant jab 1 use replenish like other stuff at station.
  • xDJ_Cas
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Completely disagree with OP. No more medic trains plz. Go play BF3\4 plz if you like this mess
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not fun to wipe out a squad to only be rewarded with one of their medics bringing all of them back to life in a fraction of a second, while you get into cover for a moment to reload. Reviving should be if you have the area covered in smoke, or it's safe enough to openly revive a teammate.
  • Catsonspeeed
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm amazed how often someone tries to revive me out in the open without smokes. Medic can carry 2 smoke grenades and 3 smoke rifle grenades. USE THEM. No need for insta revives when you make yourself some cover.
  • SirSpectacle
    750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like DICE has given up on the drag downed comrades feature, that would have helped
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like DICE has given up on the drag downed comrades feature, that would have helped

I thought that was going to be a release day feature.

Guess I'm not the I Ly one who thought wrong.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    As someone who mains Medic, I can't say I've experienced this at all. If the area isn't secure and/or you have no smoke or friendly support, you shouldn't be attempting a revive in the first place.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Hey friends. Are many of you medics dying while you have reached 99.9999% completion of a revive. It is a huge issue in BFV and I have played bf3,4,1, and V every day since their respective launches. The challenge is great but I feel that the revive time needs to be a maximum of 0.5 seconds for dedicated medics. A small tweak would basically retain many of us dedicated medics.

Thanks,
    Ender

We don't need revive trains. We don't need people instantly revived over and over and over.

What we need are medics who understand that attempting to revive in the middle of crossfire is a recipe for disaster. Smoke the area. Clear the area. Mark the downed player to let them know you're coming and just wait for a second to see if the area clears out. Stop trying to rambo revive, and your problem is fixed.
  • ENDERWigginnnnn
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Thanks guys great points. I smoke, mark my revives every single time, and then only attempt the revive but literally 100% of my deaths are still during a revive. I have thousands of hours in. I just feel that this, although it makes great sense, encourages people to be an “i’ll skip you because it’s too dangerous “ medic. Dedicated medics like me find hose kind of players very frustrating. They are 1M away from you but hey won’t revive you yet there is no real threat around. Did you notice that there is still the old bf3 bf4 volumetric fog bug where turning your settings to low will easily allow you to see through smoke for the most part. You know the repercussions. Thanks guys your responses were much appreciated.i just was hoping to encourage more people other than experienced veterans by a small tweak to hopefully let them enjoy being medic. I love it and in my case perhaps it’s a good thing as I can’t have a 30:1 kd all the time anymore haha.

Great community and great forums. Long time reader and finally joined in.

In case you like music montages for battlefield I have produced a ton on youtube.

All the best,
    ENDERwigginnnnn
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems you expecting the "medic" to be 100% efficient and 100% succesfull. This wont happen ever not realistic to happen.

As everyone pointed out and you do see yourself, there are a lot of variables in revive situations.
    The best way for you to stay alive during revive is helping squad members. I imagine these situations like in the movies. The medic goes down, helping the wounded, while two three other guys standing around, lieing near, sniping for enemy movement. If they would attack the medic, they should be spotted by friends, and kill them before the medic get shot.

In BFV however, you mostly doing the revive alone, and it is just logical for the enemy to shoot you down prior the succesfull revive. It would be stupid not to.

And if you change your point of view, and you would play the other side, you would do the same.
    Working as intended I would say.
  • JamieCurnock
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I saw a video of bf1 of someone getting shot by a tank shell, launching them 20 ft in the air and then a medic revive them before their body hit the ground. Medic revive trains needed to go.

I agree regarding the number of times the revive is just about to complete. I think it could be a little quicker but not back to old bf style.
  • y_j_es_i
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The time reviving takes if you're a medic should be reduced by 20%
  • disposalist
    8442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People seems to think it's either a long revive or it's medic trains. It's not.

A cooldown would be fine. No medic trains. But no constant frustrating deaths from long revives.

There was supposed to be an ability to drag a corpse to safety. Didn't happen. Now revives get you killed and no one wants to be a medic.