Super Tanks are WORTHLESS

0Anesthetic4u
379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What is the Point of the Crocodile? It's literally worse then the normal version.

The flame thrower does NOTHING. It is so weak its insane.

The Sturmpanzer is only a little better, and thats just by virtue of the cannon being powerful. The Grenade launcher is a Joke.

Comments

• Noromiz
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    The grenade launcher is fine at keeping enemies suppressed and it got 2 "protected" MGs too, alongside a great area clearance device that is the main gun. The front armor is a bit to weak imo.

The Crocodile is a bit worse, but even at its worst it is still a Rank 0 Churchill and the main gun deals decent damage against vehicles. The Flamethrower is kinda useless though.
    And the whole idea of a "CQB Heavy Tank" is flawed in BFV due to how easy they are to kill.
  • ElSamuel04
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was just about to open a topic about sturmtiger and crocodile.

Well if you compared Sturmtiger vs crocodile , the sturmtiger win.

Sturmtiger have powerful main gun , two frontal mg (since you can only shot main gun) and a granade luncher. Is a good tank, it can destroy other tank with one good shot, and you have a top gunner protected (with granade luncher) unlike others tank, that can help you to spot enemies and kill assault players close to your tank. Infact this tank can work very good on close battle.

Instead crocodile is like a weak churchill, it not has soo good main gun, andeven if there are spot for 4 people inside only two of them are effective or rather;
    The pilot and the frontal mg. Flamethrower is really weak, i did not even see a kill by it since it has very poor range and also is only frontal. The top gunner is useless like others tanks because since it not protected it die really fast and can't help and guard the back of the tank.

The crocodile is like a weak heavy tank, it worth call only when you lack of tanks in battle.
  • Kauzer_RF
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    they need to revise that flamethrower.
    The real life one had 110m range.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_Crocodile#Flame_projector

It has proper range, you just need to shoot in the skys and check where the flame actually fall.
  • ElSamuel04
    They really must to buff the crocodile and even two small buff on sturmtiger.

The suggestion is for crocodile is:

-Equip him with howitzer 95 mm (would have the same function as the sturtiger, or lethal in close / average combat to clear the area from enemies due it good splash damage)
    - Increase the flamethrower to 50 meter at least (since is only frontal must have proper range)
    - A complete protection for top gunner (like in sturtiger)
    - Give to crocodile HESH ammunition (2/3 hit you destroy a tank so it will powerful on close range like sturmtiger is)

The suggestion for sturmtiger is:
    -Increase slightly the range and rate of fire of granate launcher
    - Increase sightly the range of splash explosion of main gun, the oneshot range remains unchanged, while increasing the range of action in which one can take damage without dying to create a further suppression effect (about 5/10 damage).

@DICE @Balancetanks

• fakemon64
    675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im also confused as towards why they didn't throw in an AVRE with that doom mortar
  • rainkloud
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They recently ninja buffed both the Sturm and crocodile in last patch. However instead of passenger flamethrowers I would prefer to see that given to the driver and then the passengers get MG's or something like that.
  • M_Rat13
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    They recently ninja buffed both the Sturm and crocodile in last patch. However instead of passenger flamethrowers I would prefer to see that given to the driver and then the passengers get MG's or something like that.

What ninja buff?
  • Catsonspeeed
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sturmtiger is a beast. The only tank that has a decent splash damage. The Hangar at Aerodrome = kill feast. And you get two Sturmtigers with a price of one V1 / JB2. The Crocodile is useless.
  • wc138
    943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't think they were meant to be game-changers. Since they're called in as reinforcements, I assumed they were meant to be used to support your push with the understanding that you haven't specialized and out-fitted them, so you need to be a lot more careful.

The easy fix is to add them to the tank register and let people specialize, if everyone sees it as an issue.
  • ElSamuel04
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't see why the flamethrower couldn't of been a specialization upgrade. There's certainly nothing special about it to warrant it being on a reinforcement tank.

Then, we could of had the Churchill AVRE with the 290mm Spigot mortar. A much better competitor to the Sturmtiger.

Why Dice chose the set up they did, I'll never know.....

Why not, i'm in! So +1
  • M_Rat13
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    I didn't think they were meant to be game-changers. Since they're called in as reinforcements, I assumed they were meant to be used to support your push with the understanding that you haven't specialized and out-fitted them, so you need to be a lot more careful.

The easy fix is to add them to the tank register and let people specialize, if everyone sees it as an issue.

Let me put it this way:

If a Sturmtiger meets a Churchill Crocodile, who wins, every single time?

Do you see the problem now?
  • Kongo030
    449 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Crocodile should have more front armor than the regular Churchill
  • Astr0damus
    2142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole concept is wonky (IMHO).. I mean your SL orders a "Super tank" yet everyone is alive.. what am I supposed to do, die so I can spawn at the other side of the map? And most people don't even know what that means when they see a Sturmtiger is now available.. plus I believe blueberries can hop in and 'steal' it even though your squad earned it. Just wonky... wonky I tell you.
  • Astr0damus
    2142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And while we're at it.. not just super-tanks, but wouldn't it be nice to now what type of tank you just hopped in while running across Panzerstorm? I only know after the game int he statistics when it slightly ranks up a particular type of tank.. I'm like "Ah.. so that's what I was in" How hard would it be to flash something on the HUD that states the type of vehicle you are in?
    It's so bad, one time I....
    thought I was getting in a tank, and realized I was on the back seat of a dad-burn motor-sickle, a Yamaha I think...
  • Sprinkles298
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the Point of the Crocodile? It's literally worse then the normal version.

The flame thrower does NOTHING. It is so weak its insane.

The Sturmpanzer is only a little better, and thats just by virtue of the cannon being powerful. The Grenade launcher is a Joke.

The crocodile is super annoying. You can't go backwards. The trailer just moves in whatever way it wants. Gets stuck on everything.
    Other than that, it's kinda a not bad tank. Just useless compared to normal tanks.
  • CaptainHardware
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The flamethrower is actively bad, if anyone uses it the guy driving is completely blind.
  • Kongo030
    449 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To me it looks like the guy who started to implement the tanks left in the middle of the process and someone who hates tanks picked up the work.
  • narnold700
    262 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Got to agree the croc is a joke, I wish the flamethrower worked more like the ones they had in Return to Castle Wolfinstien. Any player that gets sprayed with that thing for more then 2 seconds should drop. Overall I think the strumtiger is pretty decent, but getting a driver that knows the tank is important for aiming properly.