Back To Basics mode in BFV - Is this something the community wants?

QHUNK9000
283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Well, how do you guys feel? I loved this mode in Bf1 and would love to see it back.

For those who don't know what it is, Back to Basics was a mode in BF1 where the only primary weapon you could use would be your factions Standard Infantry Rifle. So for example, in BFV, the british would use the Lee-Enfield and the germans would use the Kar98K, with iron sights only.

Comments

• Blackidus
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would love to at least try it again.
    It whas fun in BF1.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would absolutely love a back to basics mode.
  • full951
    1929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes I do
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1734 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sign me up! An occasional respite from full auto spam would be most welcome. B2B matches were always extremely fun.
  • GrizzGolf
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That was pretty wild
  • ViolationofDerp
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see a comeback of B2B, my favorite game mode in BF1. Unfortunately it died pretty quickly.
  • pest174
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I greatly enjoyed this mode. Unfortunately it died out pretty quickly, but I think it's because we weren't earning XP for playing the mode.
  • Caramac_D
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Hear hear. It needs to be brought back in vanilla I think. (I mean alongside all the other guns)
  • Gravlar_SN9
    Caramac_D wrote: »
    Hear hear. It needs to be brought back in vanilla I think. (I mean alongside all the other guns)

Wait...You want a bolt action only game mode with all the weapons? What?
  • ElliotLH
    4860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, it was quite refreshing to play in BF1. Good way of getting that pistol kills achievement too.
  • ragnarok013
    1638 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    From what I recall it wasn't overly popular in BF1. That being said I'd think they'd try it as a limited time mode before even thinking of bringing it back full time in BF5 like they're doing with Sqd CQ and Rush.
  • Caramac_D
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »

Wait...You want a bolt action only game mode with all the weapons? What?

I forgot that Back to Basics was bolt actions only. I think they should put bolt actions for the 3 non Recon classes in vanilla too (iron sights only)
  • Gravlar_SN9
    From what I recall it wasn't overly popular in BF1. That being said I'd think they'd try it as a limited time mode before even thinking of bringing it back full time in BF5 like they're doing with Sqd CQ and Rush.

That would be a good way to test it’s popularity. A rare upside to a live service model!

Wouldn’t even mind too much if support still had access to MMGs as they have to go prone to really be effective so would remove most of the run and gun mayhem.
  • Ploodovic
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I very much enjoyed it in BF1, and wouldn’t mind seeing a return in BFV. It probably needs to be a limited time game mode, though, seeing as it disappeared rather quickly in BF1.

Also, before they changed it to the Gewehr 98, the Ottomans had the Martini-Henry, while the British had the SMLE. How did they think this was balanced? Did the Ottomans win a single game, when they had the Martini-Henry? :D
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If DICE brings this back, they'll probably find a way to mess up, like allowing people to use a 900 RPM pistol carbine by accident ... just like in BF1 ... XD
  • pest174
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If DICE brings this back, they'll probably find a way to mess up, like allowing people to use a 900 RPM pistol carbine by accident ... just like in BF1 ... XD

Hahaha. Oh, fun times. Those matches quickly devolved to giving up the rifles and running with pistols.
  • wc138
    943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No.

I don't want to play any mode or map that limits the already limited weapons and kits.

Until the game is balanced, has more content, and works as intended, I'd rather there be no expenditure of resources for a game mode that takes away options.
  • QHUNK9000
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thats a great idea!
  • parkingbrake
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QHUNK9000 wrote: »
    Well, how do you guys feel? I loved this mode in Bf1 and would love to see it back.

For those who don't know what it is, Back to Basics was a mode in BF1 where the only primary weapon you could use would be your factions Standard Infantry Rifle. So for example, in BFV, the british would use the Lee-Enfield and the germans would use the Kar98K, with iron sights only.

Or no explosives, or pistol/knife only, or sniper rifles only, or tanks only, or Custom Hardcore with a blend of regular and hardcore settings, or just about anything you can think of. All that used to be possible, and such variations were used on some of the most enjoyable servers I played in the BF series. That was possible because we had rented servers with plugins the operators could use to produce those custom settings.

EA decided to make all that go away. So them bringing in new modes is probably a pipe dream, they don't want variety, and they sure don't want a game that will still be going when they've released a new game they want us to buy. One size fits all, take it or leave it, that's the future of BF.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BTB mode gets my vote for sure.