My hopes for the M1 Garand

M_Rat13
699 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I hope it's in the Recon class as an SLR. I just want to see the salt from M1 Garand lovers, forced to play Recon to play with their baby. I think it would serve them right for not being patient with Dice.

Am I evil? Or am I right with my views?

Comments

• jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    I hope it's in the Recon class as an SLR. I just want to see the salt from M1 Garand lovers, forced to play Recon to play with their baby. I think it would serve them right for not being patient with Dice.

Come back in 2 years when the USA joins the war to recieve a free M1 Garand.
  • M_Rat13
    699 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Come back in 2 years when the USA joins the war to recieve a free M1 Garand.

Actually, the gun I'm pumped for is the 1903 Springfield, as long as dice don't mess it up. I really hope we get the Pederson device as a specialization too. Loved the M1903 experimental in BF1.

But, I also know I need to be patient, unlike some people....
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d rather see it given to the Medic class so they actually have a viable weapon...
  • TheyHaveScissors
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think M1 Garand gets any real recoil, looking at how all the other guns behave in BFV.
  • ElliotLH
    6148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'd be nice for Recon to have it but deep down we all know itll probably be given to Assault lol
  • M_Rat13
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    It'd be nice for Recon to have it but deep down we all know itll probably be given to Assault lol

I honestly did not expect this reaction.

In my experience, it was Assualt players who kept going on about the M1 Garand. That's who I wanted to spite.

But if it also makes some people happy, to have it be in a class they actually like, even better, becuase seeing someone else be happy, while the Assualt players are sad, will tilt them even more lol.
  • ChinesiumAlloy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should have a ton of recoil, being as it shoots the 30.06 cartridge, versus the M1A1 which shoots basically a crappy 30.30
    The M1 Garand should have quite a bit of recoil if it ever makes it into the game.
  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should have a ton of recoil, being as it shoots the 30.06 cartridge, versus the M1A1 which shoots basically a crappy 30.30
    The M1 Garand should have quite a bit of recoil if it ever makes it into the game.

So should the SMLE and the Gerwehr.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't think you're evil or right. I think you're buttmad and being salty.

The M1 was dropped in the hands of 75% of infantry. Why wouldn't it be given to assault?
  • GirlMisfit
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am a fan and owner of the M1 Garand. You can still purchase them via the Civilian Marksman Program (CMP). I have done shoots with my M1 Garand and it's a wonderful rifle. It is understandable why Patton called it the rifle that won the war. My garand has such an easy trigger pull, shoots super fast, and has little recoil. It's main drawback is the 8 round stripper clips, but they reload really fast.

I suspect it will be assualt like many semi auto rifles, but I do wish they would share it with the medic.
  • Dr_X2345
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it might end up being given to Medic, if we get Carbines for that class as a new weapon class.
  • One_Called_Kane
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No need to be vindictive, Recon can have the M1D, Assault can have the M1, Medic can have the T26, and Support can have the T20. Then we can have a Garand for every class!
    GirlMisfit wrote: »
    I am a fan and owner of the M1 Garand. You can still purchase them via the Civilian Marksman Program (CMP). I have done shoots with my M1 Garand and it's a wonderful rifle. It is understandable why Patton called it the rifle that won the war. My garand has such an easy trigger pull, shoots super fast, and has little recoil. It's main drawback is the 8 round stripper clips, but they reload really fast.

I suspect it will be assualt like many semi auto rifles, but I do wish they would share it with the medic.
    I love the crap out of my Garand, probably one of the best gun purchases I've made. Very accurate, very reliable weapon.

I imagine in-game it's going to play the AG/M42 to the G43's M1A1: less ammo, hit's for the same damage but over a slightly larger distance, same rate of fire and recoil. I doubt very much it will be much more impressive than that, 8mm and 30.06 are pretty similar.
  • M_Rat13
    wc138 wrote: »

I don't think you're evil or right. I think you're buttmad and being salty.

The M1 was dropped in the hands of 75% of infantry. Why wouldn't it be given to assault?

Becuase people (mainly assaults) keep jerking off to it, and can't appreciate anything non American.

There is so much more to WW2 than what American, and even Russia, did. People even seem to be forgetting the Italians FFS, who given the timeline, have to come first.

I just feel these people need to learn a lesson to be less entitled, by getting what they want, but at a cost.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I think it might end up being given to Medic, if we get Carbines for that class as a new weapon class.

Well that would mean the M1A1 Carbine would be moved over to the medic and the M1 Garand would come to the assault as it should.
  • MarxistDictator
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Santini3 wrote: »

Well that would mean the M1A1 Carbine would be moved over to the medic and the M1 Garand would come to the assault as it should.

They were apparently pistol carbines. But I'm not sure if those and machine pistols will appear. But they are there, completely rehashed from the previous game.
  • M_Rat13
    Santini3 wrote: »

They were apparently pistol carbines. But I'm not sure if those and machine pistols will appear. But they are there, completely rehashed from the previous game.

Has Dice even mentioned anything about them? Since someone first found out about it, I mean.
  • Head3masher
    1406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly M1 carbine should be transferred to medic, it shoots a revolver cartridge anyway.
  • KingRofty
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would love my BAR back from BF 1 + gold skin. Dice please
  • pointmanjeff
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to hear the pings in my headphones
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Would love my BAR back from BF 1 + gold skin. Dice please

Itll come at the same time as the M1 or close, one would assume.