Squad Reinforcements ideas

mgood1845
76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hey guys was thinking that the Devs may have missed an opportunity for some cool and unique game-play elements with the squad leader reinforcements.

I was thinking about unique perks for each class if they are a squad leader as of now you can call a supply drop, panzerwagon, rocket and a crocodile tank etc. Was thinking about the following, I have arranged them in cost to call in reinforcements.

Recon Class Squad Leader:

Low: Supply Drop
Medium: Use combo of spotting scope and call in artillery strike
High: Rocket

Assault Class Squad Leader:
Medium: Tank buster plane: spot tank and have tank buster plane drop bomb

Support Class Squad Leader:
Medium: Bomber Strafing run, with machine gun fire on path on ground troops

Medic Class Squad Leader:
Medium: Smoke Screen, planes provide a large drop of smoke to cover an advance on an objective

These aren't final just wanted to see what you guys thought of the idea and see what you guys would come up with if this were to make it into the game!

Comments

• Aflag666
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see some sort of revised reinforcements like you have lined out above. But I would make some of them harder to obtain due to their high potential to be game changers if deployed correctly. I like the idea of rewarding/promoting good squad play that BFV has implemented, and would love to see that system of reward evolve in the direction you have detailed. The options you have lined out above would really bring a nice refinement to the game in my opinion.
  • mgood1845
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    I would love to see some sort of revised reinforcements like you have lined out above. But I would make some of them harder to obtain due to their high potential to be game changers if deployed correctly. I like the idea of rewarding/promoting good squad play that BFV has implemented, and would love to see that system of reward evolve in the direction you have detailed. The options you have lined out above would really bring a nice refinement to the game in my opinion.

Thanks for your comment! I was really hoping this post would bring some good discussion and more ideas, but it doesn't seem to be getting the traction i had hoped!

Totally agree with your points on being a game changer if point values were not set correctly. I think with the correct balance this would work out really well! I mean, if they balanced the points to use the medium level options you would essentially be limiting your ability to call in a rocket. And the rocket can really sway a game.
  • Aflag666
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mgood1845 wrote: »
    Aflag666 wrote: »

Thanks for your comment! I was really hoping this post would bring some good discussion and more ideas, but it doesn't seem to be getting the traction i had hoped!

Totally agree with your points on being a game changer if point values were not set correctly. I think with the correct balance this would work out really well! I mean, if they balanced the points to use the medium level options you would essentially be limiting your ability to call in a rocket. And the rocket can really sway a game.

Now you got me salivating over cool reinforcements. And as for that rocket it can be your best friend or worst enemy. Sunday on Arras playing Breakthrough, I hit 18 players with our rocket and talk about devastation!! It was because my squad mate was paying attention and not only reminded me that we had a rocket, but also put a marker on where he thought the rocket should go and I just sent it to his marker. Needless to say we instantly got the objective and moved forward. For full disclosure though, it was a long game and we got a second rocket towards the end of that same match. I launched that bad boy with a **** grin only to miss everyone entirely. This cost us the match I believe as we were down to the last objective as attackers with few reinforments left, and we ultimately lost. So rockets can be the the path to glory or the most embarrassing moment makers in the game. But either way, it brings a fun new element to the game, and I would like to see more things like that.
  • mgood1845
    maybe even giving us players the option to custom tailor our squad reinforcements like you used to in COD?....pick and choose.....idk just throwing ideas out there