Visibility Changes

Comments

• Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think visibility was fine, maybe there was a bug with the lighting while prone but I didn't notice it. Guess I'll have to try it and see.
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    This has all the hallmarks of listening to a you tube personality who hates prone players.

You nerfed MMG's when you removed suppression in beta.
    You nerfed MMG's when you nerfed MMG's with added recoil and spread.
    You nerfed MMG's when you buffed flares (stationary targets are much easier to find than ones who moved from the flare position 2 seconds ago)
    and now you nerf MMG's by reducing their ability to be unseen, even though the netcode STILL favors moving targets in this game vs stationary.

But let me clue you in about this visibility change, because you clearly need it.
    The people whining that they can not see prone players will NOT be satisfied until you literally make the target glow.

I created a mockup for you to go by to illustrate what these players are really looking for, even though they routinely brag about "skill".

14ilfmw.jpg
    [post edited by moderator]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you very much, this is a much needed change and should double the Visibility issue.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    The pictures prove that those who said visibility was fine and they could see everything perfectly were lying. It was a bug and the figure clearly really does partially disappear.

True but *removed for baiting* will still have some defense against it even though there's proof.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Rattoner
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I think visibility was fine, maybe there was a bug with the lighting while prone but I didn't notice it. Guess I'll have to try it and see.

Visibility WAS fine, but apparently all the COD heroes who always cry "git gud" could not handle it when it was told to them by prone players. There were no issues, dice caved to a you tuber and the constant whine by action man.
  • RichardSinerface
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait there is an enemy in the first screenshot?

And it took you guys 3 months to get a screenshot like this? Or just that you all play on very high graphics settings? Or you didn't notice this was an issue?
    Thanks for the fix (hopefully) because playing against perfect ground camo was kind of annoying, more differentiation between friend and foe is welcome also.
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This actually looks very promising and fair. It really was the lighting that was the main factor, glad they found the issue.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm happy with these changes. As a console peasant with glasses, I struggled pretty badly with visibility. I ended up ditching the other classes, and running assault with 3x scope on every gun just to see anything, and I hate using scopes.

BF3, BF4, BFH, and BF1 I'd usually ran iron sights, but it's a struggle with this game.
  • Rattoner
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

Visibility WAS fine, but apparently all the COD heroes who always cry "git gud" could not handle it when it was told to them by prone players. There were no issues, dice caved to a you tuber and the constant whine by action man.

Are you completely broken!

Just look at the pics

Prone MMG players SHOULD be hard to see. But that pic is not even representative of reality in game. They did not choose a picture with skin. Secondly laying on a mount like that face down is the FASTEST way to get head shot.

Secondly, the REAL issue is not visibility, its the rate at which
    A. The run speed is in game (too fast)
    B. The rate at which run and gun players zerg a node.

All this visibility change does, is NERF the already NERFED MMG player.

For christs sake man, its called camouflage for a reason.
  • mr_ip3ngi
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMO they should of never removed spotting, its been in every battlefield and is one of the main reasons myself and a lot of friends do not like this game.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Are you completely broken!

For christs sake man, its called camouflage for a reason.

Except what you had was not camouflage. It was a Predator Alien level cloaking device!

We also had and still have guns that underperform vs. any class in the game, even when we open fire first. But we're not going to discuss that, right. Let's give the Action man and professor Snipe more free headshots. As if things weren't already FUBAR for MMG...
  • Godmodegta
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure what too say, it look decent that you can now see enemy, but now enemy look un-realistic, but in all , i think i might enjoy it, it might as well inspire other player too dress there character uniquely? sense everyone will be bit more visible, well i can't wait too see update.
  • lAlucard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I'd rather see a hardcore mode come out before you "fix" this.
    I'm so tired of DICE catering to noobs who complain about not seeing the enemy.
    Having camo that actually works adds real skill to the game. I honestly would spend 30-50k cc or even $60 to get my ghille suit back... The problem is sometimes, one side has better camo by default on certain maps.

It's bad enough DICE added a killcam for the noobs and still have a flashlight on snipers (3x)... Also the audio is actually good enough with a headset to pinpoint where you are getting shot at...

When the game first came out I liked it better despite the cc bugs and netcode because it was a good mix between core and hardcore. Spotting wasn't op, no noobcam.

If there is an actual visibility issue its with sniper tracer bullets being smaller than the vertical line of the sight so you cant see the drop well or worse the pak40 where you cant stay zoomed in to see the round hit like in BF1. It kicks you out..
  • BrightAtom
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lAlucard wrote: »
    or worse the pak40 where you cant stay zoomed in to see the round hit like in BF1. It kicks you out..
    Hold the fire button and you stay zoomed in...!
  • Archon764
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FINALLY, now fix the footstep pls
  • VOLBANKER
    1455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can’t compare looking at two photos to being in-game.
    In the game you can move ever so slightly forward/backwards/sideways to check if an enemy is in a given position when you’re in doubt.