Visibility Changes

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    In the game you can move ever so slightly forward/backwards/sideways to check if an enemy is in a given position when you’re in doubt.

This takes you a minimum of 500 milliseconds, counting your initial reaction time upon recognizing the doubt. If the blob is indeed an MMG MLG camper, he will have gunned you down twice whilst you fiddle with your diddle, since he has picked up on your both your initial movement into view and your subsequent diddling. So this is beneficial only when surprising them from the back or sides.

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm curious how this glow will play out on narvik or snow maps with lots of white contrast.
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    amazing update !
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mr_ip3ngi wrote: »
    IMO they should of never removed spotting, its been in every battlefield and is one of the main reasons myself and a lot of friends do not like this game.

I miss spotting too, can't figure out why they removed something that worked so well.
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I think visibility was fine, maybe there was a bug with the lighting while prone but I didn't notice it. Guess I'll have to try it and see.

Visibility WAS fine, but apparently all the COD heroes who always cry "git gud" could not handle it when it was told to them by prone players. There were no issues, dice caved to a you tuber and the constant whine by action man.

As usual. They market the game as more realistic then after release start to casualize the hell out of it.
    Very upsetting.
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    I think visibility was fine, maybe there was a bug with the lighting while prone but I didn't notice it. Guess I'll have to try it and see.

Visibility WAS fine, but apparently all the COD heroes who always cry "git gud" could not handle it when it was told to them by prone players. There were no issues, dice caved to a you tuber and the constant whine by action man.

Are you completely broken!

Just look at the pics

First of all, the position and camo of the players are completely different.
    Second of all, that's how camouflage and lack of movement works. You won't be seen unless you shoot.
    And third; the player having sun bathe over him when he's clearly in the shadows just so noobs have an easier time looks completely ridiculous and out of place.
  • Skitelz7
    QHUNK9000 wrote: »
    You guys complaining about this fix live on another planet man... ruining MMG's and what not? Maybe you cant hide in the middle of a freaking objective! ! Fact of the matter is a large chunk of the player base is having trouble with this. Theres even been complaints of headaches (ask Aka-art on youtube about that one).

At least give it a chance man!!! The amount of complaining on these forums... bunch of manchildren 😅

We complain because they keep changing things that don't need changing.
    Remember the TTK?
    That went over very well didn't it?!
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

Are you completely broken!

Just look at the pics

First of all, the position and camo of the players are completely different.
    Second of all, that's how camouflage and lack of movement works. You won't be seen unless you shoot.
    And third; the player having sun bathe over him when he's clearly in the shadows just so noobs have an easier time looks completely ridiculous and out of place.

I'm happy to be a noob if it means these sweet tears keep flowing.
  • Hawxxeye
    6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    MiniBadger wrote: »
    I will give this a chance, but I never struggled with target acquisition, from Rotterdam to Aerodrome, it worked for me. Yes, sometimes people blended in, and that's how it should be! This is World War 2, they had camouflage, and that's how it worked. DICE had the perfect balance of realism and playability with how they looked, but hey, maybe it was only a *good* balance, and not the best. We'll see, tomorrow.
    Camouflage is something that is working only at a distance where the eyes have more trouble picking up the 3-dimensional shape of a person.
    If you were inside a room with a person who was perfectly camouflaged to blend with the backround you would still noticed their outline due to the 3D vision we have.
  • lionking7001
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @F8RGE This will be interesting to try! I think that changing visibility to much could be risky. Better update this again if required. If someone at Dice also gives some love to the non working/existing team balance this will be a really great game.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Everyone here bashing MMG players do understand that they have to be prone and bipoded to actually use their guns? I mean, I know you all want everyone to run around and bunnyhop and ADADA all the other fancy skillz, but MMG is FORCED into being static. It's like crying about pilots flying. I mean, why do they have to fly, can't they just drive their planes around the map so the Action Man can take them out with their mortar Piat?! They're just idle up there in the air and you can't even see them, they just drop a bomb on you and fly away. That's not fair! Make planes fly only 5m max!
  • MachoFantast1c0
    Zenga wrote: »
    Everyone here bashing MMG players do understand that they have to be prone and bipoded to actually use their guns? I mean, I know you all want everyone to run around and bunnyhop and ADADA all the other fancy skillz, but MMG is FORCED into being static. It's like crying about pilots flying. I mean, why do they have to fly, can't they just drive their planes around the map so the Action Man can take them out with their mortar Piat?! They're just idle up there in the air and you can't even see them, they just drop a bomb on you and fly away. That's not fair! Make planes fly only 5m max!

Most of us understand that just fine, and I personally have expressed hope that MMGs are either removed or reworked. But the crux of the matter is still visibility; doing nothing to it and removing MMGs would just replace them with shotguns, ARs and SMGs. Whatever brings home those easy kills with the least amount of effort.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    good you looked after it..but for me this is too late..playing bf1 again..its ten times more fun
  • spartanx169x
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    I mentioned earlier on today that we had some changes to visibility in the next update (which comes out tomorrow if you missed it), so here’s a bit more detail into what we’ve done.

It’s worth noting that we didn’t want to change things too drastically as we felt this would likely end up having an overall negative effect.

The changes we’ve made will make soldiers slightly more visible. As well as this there will also be a clearer difference between friends and enemies. Friends will have a lower level of visibility, making them attract less attention while looking for threats.

Alongside these changes we have also solved several issues that were causing soldiers in dark clothes to appear too dark in areas with not much light. We also solved an issue where some characters were glowing too much when wearing light coloured clothes in well-lit areas.

Our intent with these changes is to balance the visibility of soldiers with the camouflage effect of their uniforms. Soldiers should not stand out too much, nor should blend in too much either.

Adjustments have been made by altering the lighting and the colours of our characters, as well as making some specific tweaks to the maps which were the worse offenders; Fjell and Devastation.

The visibility boost does fade over distance. This means that while close combat encounters are still solved by player skill, threats which are further away will be easier to pick out against the background.

Another fix that we have implemented addresses a problem where the visibility system was being applied incorrectly against a soldier who was prone. By fixing this issue, solders who are prone should now be significantly more visible than before, on par with standing soldiers.

Before
    ZbyLDCl.png

After
    17IRvQx.jpg

Thanks again for the follow up to your post. This type of communication highly motivates me to play the game, when I was on the verge of just putting it away for good.
  • SilverSeva
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Seems like DEVS don't understand what the community is asking about....

Let us disable all kind of antialiasing...
    Let us disable completely that garbage taa!!!

Edited for all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on