Visibility Changes

Comments

  • Batman696
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMO There was no visibility issue. Is this not a game based on a war setting? Is camo not supposed to work? Do players really not want to go stealthy?

    If the players are so concerned about enemy visibility , don all the characters in bright pink clothing with no choice to customize. Happy ? you can see everyone now. No hiding. Doesn't that sound stupid?


    I personally love that fact that I can hide using the shadows or terrain that matches my camo uniform. It allows me to defend objectives or ambush runners trying to flank the bulk of our team. Please Dice, don't ruin this game by listening to bad players.


    As for you bad players. 3d spotting exists... its in the scout class. They are called binoculars. Make a squad , have one of your squad members play scout. shouldn't be hard to get a sniper. This was a squad based teamwork game right? You run with your squad to objectives. You win more often that way.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oooh can't wait to seee

    Hopefully after this you can actually see haha.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I think visibility was fine, maybe there was a bug with the lighting while prone but I didn't notice it. Guess I'll have to try it and see.

    Visibility WAS fine, but apparently all the COD heroes who always cry "git gud" could not handle it when it was told to them by prone players. There were no issues, dice caved to a you tuber and the constant whine by action man.

    Are you completely broken!

    Just look at the pics

    Ironic how the people defending it saying it was fine, can't actually see.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I think visibility was fine, maybe there was a bug with the lighting while prone but I didn't notice it. Guess I'll have to try it and see.

    Visibility WAS fine, but apparently all the COD heroes who always cry "git gud" could not handle it when it was told to them by prone players. There were no issues, dice caved to a you tuber and the constant whine by action man.

    As usual. They market the game as more realistic then after release start to casualize the hell out of it.
    Very upsetting.

    Cos not being able to see someone sat on your shoes is realistic.
  • LittleMissNoobie
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    F8RGE wrote: »
    IBy fixing this issue, solders who are prone should now be significantly more visible than before, on par with standing soldiers.


    Except the ones moving are harder to hit while the prone ones are easy targets. What's the point in playing MMG if there is nothing to balance out the advantage of movement versus "sitting duck"? And if the answer is "don't play prone" then take MMG's out of the game.

    I started off playing MMG and while it's a challenge to find places to rest while shooting the enemy, I did enjoy it. Now I no longer enjoy it. In fact, running around rezzing people on my medic means I die less. Movement > being prone. Do you not get it?
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Are you completely broken!


    For christs sake man, its called camouflage for a reason.


    Except what you had was not camouflage. It was a Predator Alien level cloaking device!
    Incorrect. I don't think you have ever used/experienced camouflage. It works amazingly well and can IN FACT keep you from seeing someone literally 5 feet away.

  • tempo_rarity
    1247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    ^ Yep
    Whenever I pull out my ultra-lethal Spotting Scope and all those little red icons start appearing everywhere , my Squad and other Mates will suddenly change from a frustrating bunch of 'Afraid To Advancers' into a deliciously savage swarm of 'Impossible To Stops' .

    Whenever I use my stealth skills to get all the way to the far Flag by myself and then suddenly have a half-dozen or more Mates joining me in the Cap or firefight , it's usually because Enemy Run-n-Gun-types weren't looking around for guys like me in the first place , like they absolutely should have .

    Whenever I stand BY cover and stare at any Great Beyond for 3 WHOLE seconds for possible danger , I quite rightfully get my head blown off by a Recon or swiss-cheesed by an Auto , but if I just take a quick peek and actually USE the cover , what happens is they usually shoot and blow THEIR cover .

    I for one am truly grateful that there's been no 'Day-Glo' stitches sown into a patient that only *needed a 'Band-Aid' (*it wasn't needed)
    Today , there is still NO COUNTER to the Stealth Game I sometimes Play , other than 'pure' vigilance on the Enemy's part .
    It's STILL a Battlefield Game .

    Thank You !
    :cookie:

    edit:
    re : 'Where's the danger?' in that snow pic on Pg2?
    I see a guns shadow on the snowline at the bottom of the darker rocks just right of center screen .
    True , I wouldn't have seen him in time 'your way' and I'd usually die , but 'my way' it's him that'll usually die after he gets just one or two landed bullets in on me.
    Also , If in that split-second of 'my way' peeking I'm HS'd by an expert marksmen (which it looks like) , then I feel camo or lighting didn't really matter anyway .
    Skill killed me .
    Post edited by tempo_rarity on
  • ackers75
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Are you completely broken!


    For christs sake man, its called camouflage for a reason.


    Except what you had was not camouflage. It was a Predator Alien level cloaking device!
    Incorrect. I don't think you have ever used/experienced camouflage. It works amazingly well and can IN FACT keep you from seeing someone literally 5 feet away.

    Am sure in real life camouflage is great but this is a game!
  • Rattoner
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Shrediron wrote: »
    Are you completely broken!


    For christs sake man, its called camouflage for a reason.


    Except what you had was not camouflage. It was a Predator Alien level cloaking device!
    Incorrect. I don't think you have ever used/experienced camouflage. It works amazingly well and can IN FACT keep you from seeing someone literally 5 feet away.

    Am sure in real life camouflage is great but this is a game!

    A game that FORCES some guns to be used prone, why do you keep calling for that playstyle to be nerfed?
  • ragnarok013
    3655 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DANNYonPC wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Now disable the ability to bipod while laying prone on your back and gameplay might improve significantly.

    According to Drunkze DICE is thinking about that

    Also its super unrealistic, would they put the bipod on their.... ehm

    .. thing?

    HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?

    If they do this @DANNYonPC I'd hope they allow us to disable going on our back completely in the options as I never intentionally lay on my back but frequently find myself in that position trying to cap a flag.
  • IZIIIIIiIIIIIPI
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    why would you start another thread on this subject when there was one already made dont get .
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DANNYonPC wrote: »

    According to Drunkze DICE is thinking about that

    Also its super unrealistic, would they put the bipod on their.... ehm

    .. thing?

    HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?

    Since we're on topic of unrealistic things, Dice should also disable bunny hopping, ADADAD spamming, twitching and of course add stamina bar to all classes, because it's totally unrealistic that a soldier can sprint full on for an hour, packing 3 bazookas and a ton of explosives. Also need to bring back suppression, because it's unrealistic that someone could be unloading a 1200 rpm into your body, but you won't twitch for a second.

    So, I totally agree - let's get rid of unrealistic things!
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also, I'd like to retract my previous comment about limiting planes to fly only at 5 m height.

    I think we should just give Assault players jetpacks so they can fly.
  • mahdioof
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    This has all the hallmarks of listening to a you tube personality who hates prone players.

    You nerfed MMG's when you removed suppression in beta.
    You nerfed MMG's when you nerfed MMG's with added recoil and spread.
    You nerfed MMG's when you buffed flares (stationary targets are much easier to find than ones who moved from the flare position 2 seconds ago)
    and now you nerf MMG's by reducing their ability to be unseen, even though the netcode STILL favors moving targets in this game vs stationary.


    But let me clue you in about this visibility change, because you clearly need it.
    The people whining that they can not see prone players will NOT be satisfied until you literally make the target glow.

    I created a mockup for you to go by to illustrate what these players are really looking for, even though they routinely brag about "skill".

    14ilfmw.jpg
    [post edited by moderator]

    hehe a pig camper kid
    get out this game
    this is not campy game kiddo
    byby
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    mahdioof wrote:
    this is not campy game kiddo
    byby

    Yes. It. Is. Everyone screams 'you shouldn't be camping then hurrhurr'. Then what exactly do you want Mg players to do? What do you expect from us? If we don't lay down WE WON'T KILL ANYTHING. Why is that so hard to understand? You're asking for an INTENDED/DESINGED playstyle to be removed and there's so much whining from run n gun cod action man that dice is catering to it. At this rate there's no reason for MGs being in the game. I'm sorry you don't have the attention span to sit still but some of us actually do. This really boils my blood. Just because everyone zergs doesn't mean you're supposed to.
  • TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mahdioof wrote:
    this is not campy game kiddo
    byby

    Yes. It. Is. Everyone screams 'you shouldn't be camping then hurrhurr'. Then what exactly do you want Mg players to do? What do you expect from us? If we don't lay down WE WON'T KILL ANYTHING. Why is that so hard to understand? You're asking for an INTENDED/DESINGED playstyle to be removed and there's so much whining from run n gun cod action man that dice is catering to it. At this rate there's no reason for MGs being in the game. I'm sorry you don't have the attention span to sit still but some of us actually do. This really boils my blood. Just because everyone zergs doesn't mean you're supposed to.

    "I have to learn how to actually play the game instead of camping the entire match and this upsets me"
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    [ Removed - let's keep the toxic behaviour out of your posts, this is unwelcome behaviour ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Batman696 wrote: »
    IMO There was no visibility issue. Is this not a game based on a war setting? Is camo not supposed to work? Do players really not want to go stealthy?

    If the players are so concerned about enemy visibility , don all the characters in bright pink clothing with no choice to customize. Happy ? you can see everyone now. No hiding. Doesn't that sound stupid?


    I personally love that fact that I can hide using the shadows or terrain that matches my camo uniform. It allows me to defend objectives or ambush runners trying to flank the bulk of our team. Please Dice, don't ruin this game by listening to bad players.


    As for you bad players. 3d spotting exists... its in the scout class. They are called binoculars. Make a squad , have one of your squad members play scout. shouldn't be hard to get a sniper. This was a squad based teamwork game right? You run with your squad to objectives. You win more often that way.

    You really shouldn't be calling people who disagree with the visibility argument, bad players.

  • TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    mahdioof wrote:
    this is not campy game kiddo
    byby

    Yes. It. Is. Everyone screams 'you shouldn't be camping then hurrhurr'. Then what exactly do you want Mg players to do? What do you expect from us? If we don't lay down WE WON'T KILL ANYTHING. Why is that so hard to understand? You're asking for an INTENDED/DESINGED playstyle to be removed and there's so much whining from run n gun cod action man that dice is catering to it. At this rate there's no reason for MGs being in the game. I'm sorry you don't have the attention span to sit still but some of us actually do. This really boils my blood. Just because everyone zergs doesn't mean you're supposed to.

    "I have to learn how to actually play the game instead of camping the entire match and this upsets me"
    So basically you have no argument so you just attempt to rile me. [ Removed - let's keep the toxic behaviour out of your posts, this is unwelcome behaviour ]

    Wasn't intending to rile you up, just summing up your argument in a more efficient manner. If the truth offends you then maybe you should consider varying your playstyle beyond going prone and aiming your sights down a corridor.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
Sign In or Register to comment.