Battlefield is dead...

Comments

• prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quasar9111 wrote: »
    cant even get Apex to run - white screen - and when i fix that - its very choppy and slow and times out - none of my other AAA games have issues - good job it was free - its crap b4 i have even tried it

Works fine for me. Check your internet and your setup.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    I think it's more accurate to say that Apex has killed ongoing content dev for BFV. Roadmap will dead-end soon.

Apex is developed by Respawn.

BFV is developed by DICE.

Why is EA going to abandon BFV for Apex? They are made by different studios, how are they not going to sustain both?

Simple, they will allocate dollars to that, instead of sinking it into BFV. The ship has sailed with this game, there is little they can do to generate huge sales at this point. I don't want it to be this way, I just think it will wind up in their dustbin sooner, rather than later.
  • Ciza211
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game wasnt dead. But he will never have that base players as a BF 3 , BF4 and BF 1 for long years in future. After realease new BF game will this BFV same example as SWBF2 small core communite. Same peoples in same modes and some mods will be deads..
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's more accurate to say that Apex has killed ongoing content dev for BFV. Roadmap will dead-end soon.

Apex is developed by Respawn.

BFV is developed by DICE.

Why is EA going to abandon BFV for Apex? They are made by different studios, how are they not going to sustain both?

Simple, they will allocate dollars to that, instead of sinking it into BFV. The ship has sailed with this game, there is little they can do to generate huge sales at this point. I don't want it to be this way, I just think it will wind up in their dustbin sooner, rather than later.

Yeah, no. I think EA has plenty of money to run both. I doubt they are going to give up BF(if they bail on BFV it will likely end BF) to give a few extra dollars to Apex.
  • Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hadn't played for a few weeks until this last weekend. Since then and over the last few nights you start on a semi full server and then it keeps going down until you're sitting with like 4 people in the lobby.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 13
    Apex is a BR game, everyone buys and plays bfv for different modes, why would it be killing it off? Strange to think that.
    If the next bf game is futuristic then I'll probably skip. Bf2142, for me was a bit of a novelty game coming off the back of the brilliant BF2. Was too much Sci fi, Didn't enjoy it as much.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kjgregoire wrote: »
    I don’t like battle royale games. I don’t like futuristic shooters.

I do like period shooters with large maps and vehicles. Even if it is imperfect, battlefield 5 is fun for me.

"period shooters"?...we talkin bout them wamens?
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apex is cool, but you should try the complete game with Titans.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »
    What’s the difference between Battle Royale and Gunmaster from BF3 & 4? Isn’t it the last one standing wins? Seems like an old and tired game mode to me that wasn’t very fun.

I've never played an online game that got my heart pounding and my hands sweating like PUBG when it was getting near the end of a round and I had a chance for a win--in that regard that game's design was absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately the game's bargain basement design made it especially vulnerable to hacks, and the game's runaway success and the developer's inexperience made for a bad mix. Once PUBG exploded in China and the developer refused to use a region lock or ping cap to keep players in China out of NA and EU servers the resulting lag and high level of cheating eventually caused me to walk away. As one popular streamer put it, PUBG was the right game in the wrong hands.

So a BR mode could be a lot of fun, but for me it's an add-on, not the reason I buy a game like Battlefield.
  • mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apex came out of no where and works better than battlefield?? Smh.

Have fun buddy!
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kjgregoire wrote: »
    I don’t like battle royale games. I don’t like futuristic shooters.

I do like period shooters with large maps and vehicles. Even if it is imperfect, battlefield 5 is fun for me.

• prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play and buy only Battlefield games so, If next BF game is futuristic, ain't gonna buy it. That said, BFV is the best BF game ever created from DICE - HANDS DOWN , it just need more maps, content and balancing. At the end of the day, It's not so very much after all.

Agreed 100% people are hating just to hate and are probably bad at the game or not intelligent enough to understand its not a run and gun fest anymore its actually more tactical and more satisfying

K/D of 2 and I still say the game is ****.

It’s just not the same great battlefield that I remember anymore.

No progression. Win a few then get a **** team that you can’t communicate with?? (Hello? Proximity chat, is that you?)lose a few. K now what......? There’s nothing that draws me back to this game.

Maybe that’s amusing for you...?

To each their own. If you like it, you like it. I can say for sure not buying the next one. I’ll just wait for the sale a month after launch haha.
  • prisoner_519362
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Apex came out of no where and works better than battlefield?? Smh.

Have fun buddy!

Thanks.
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm ready for any Battlefield setting with a real anti-cheat.

Before I ever touch another Battlefield game again it will have to have a clientside anti-cheat.
  • bloodprizm
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From someone who couldn't stand BF5 at launch, it has grown on me and now I'm really enjoying it. I will say that BFV has an incredibly steep learning curve. Probably the highest of any online shooter I've played. And by learning curve I mean getting used to the visual style and the more methodical style of game play. It takes a lot of time to adapt to this game vs other BF games.