Frontlines is the worst

briceolson
0 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I guess I'll never get the new gun. I have played about 20 rounds. one lasted 1 and a half hours. I can't get past win one game of frontlines. I hate EA for making it like this. And it usually isnt even close. It is usally a sweep. This new way of getting guns makes loot boxes look fair.

Comments

• BoCutta
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are the worst
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    briceolson wrote: »
    I guess I'll never get the new gun. I have played about 20 rounds. one lasted 1 and a half hours. I can't get past win one game of frontlines. I hate EA for making it like this. And it usually isnt even close. It is usally a sweep. This new way of getting guns makes loot boxes look fair.

That’s statistically very unlikely but if you say so then that’s just some bad luck...so if I were you I would keep playing. Your certainly due up for a win. Also, are you PTFO’ing or hanging back sniping and relying on your team to carry you? There’s a lot less room for “loafing” in Frontlines because there’s much less players.

I have found that even one good player can turn the tide of a Frontlines match by getting in there and arming a bomb at just the right moment or pulling off a magical flank and wiping out 6 camping players on a flag helping their team secure the capture point. String enough of these moments together and your team wins.

I can generally reduce a Frontlines match down to several key moments where a single or few players did something very important to influence the tide or flow of the game their way.

16 v.16 is also much more manageable than the bigger game modes. Running a medic with smoke is also a great supportive way you can help your team push forward and win matches. I think one good medic can change the tide of an entire 64 player game. Keeping your team alive is the most important thing to do if you want to win.

Obviously some games won’t go your way...but eventually you’ll get on a decent team...

So wipe those tears away pumpkin...grab some smoke nades and and the Tommy gun and go get your machine gun.

• Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not 100%, but I believe that the weapons will be available for purchase with CC. The buzz on Reddit that I found is that it should happen relatively soon (some say this week but I never hold my breath). The inability to purchase them currently is being called a bug, and it sounds like the intention is to make all the TOW rewards available for purchase after the week for that reward expires.
  • sabersun
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »

I can generally reduce a Frontlines match down to several key moments where a single or few players did something very important to influence the tide or flow of the game their way.

16 v.16 is also much more manageable than the bigger game modes. Running a medic with smoke is also a great supportive way you can help your team push forward and win matches. I think one good medic can change the tide of an entire 64 player game. Keeping your team alive is the most important thing to do if you want to win.

I agree.
    #reviveordietrying

The lower the number of players the more you have to PTFO. Same in Squad Conquest.
  • zack9912000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does suck when you get on a loosing team match after match. I usually bounce to another server after it’s clear the team refuses to work together
  • BaronVonGoon
    6632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BoCutta wrote: »
    You are the worst

Your gravatar is the worst.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BoCutta wrote: »
    You are the worst

Your gravatar is the worst.

Agreed. It makes me feel all squirmy inside. And not the good kind of squirmy.
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines suffer badly from the lack of teambalance!
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Let's please keep the conversation focused on the topic at hand and not folks' avatars, thanks.
  • georgeanzelon
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »

Not 100%, but I believe that the weapons will be available for purchase with CC. The buzz on Reddit that I found is that it should happen relatively soon (some say this week but I never hold my breath). The inability to purchase them currently is being called a bug, and it sounds like the intention is to make all the TOW rewards available for purchase after the week for that reward expires.

I just purchased the sebdtlader 1906 and VGO last night with CC. Seems this latest patch has made it available.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I like the game mode, I just don't like half of my teammates.
  • JesseC1006
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I like the game mode, I just don't like half of my teammates.

I agree with this. If the teams would work together it would be great. I played one match for well over an hour and I legit got bored. I only stayed in cause I was trying for the ToW assignments. More so the 25000 point one. Which I got. But it was rough to say the least.... I mainly play conquest. So i don't see myself going back to frontlines to much....
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest is a bit boring IMHO after Frontlines and Breakthrough. I’ll only play Conquest when it’s tied to a TOW assignment.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's please keep the conversation focused on the topic at hand and not folks' avatars, thanks.

Sorry.

Frontlines is not my cup of tea, because it funnels you to one spot.

Conquest funnels the action, but disperses it intelligently to 3-4 spots, making multiple routes for flanking possible.

Unless I just don’t get it, Frontlines has 1 route.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Sorry.

Conquest funnels the action, but disperses it intelligently to 3-4 spots, making multiple routes for flanking possible.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat in Frontlines. The maps have plenty of flanking routes.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sorry.

That's one of the factors why i say i can't stand half of my teammates, because they keep running straight head on and getting hosed down constantly like a civil war reenactment, while the other half sit back unsuccessfully sniping and not playing the objective.
    The playable map area is wide and i flank all the time surprising the unsuspecting enemy team from behind. I'll take out at least 5 before they realize what is happening .
    I just finished a match and went 78kills and 24Deaths mostly from flanking with the medic no vehicles.
  • Mishkin37

Sorry.

That's one of the factors why i say i can't stand half of my teammates, because they keep running straight head on and getting hosed down constantly like a civil war reenactment, while the other half sit back unsuccessfully sniping and not playing the objective.
    The playable map area is wide and i flank all the time surprising the unsuspecting enemy team from behind. I'll take out at least 5 before they realize what is happening .
    I just finished a match and went 78kills and 24Deaths mostly from flanking with the medic no vehicles.

2 of the 3 Frontlines matches I played were on Hamada. I flank all the time, but that map doesn’t have a lot of cover between the 2 flags we were battling over.

Conquest is more my speed.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I just purchased the sebdtlader 1906 and VGO last night with CC. Seems this latest patch has made it available.

Where did you find these? Are they in the armory? They are not showing up for me for some reason?

• ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »

Where did you find these? Are they in the armory? They are not showing up for me for some reason?

They appear in The Company menu where you change weapons.