RTX is a bust for BFV

BassMan_PC
182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Tried out the new patch and I am seriously disappointed. First off, DLSS is tied to DXR... what is up with that? No boost for rasterization only?

DLSS does give a noticeable performance boost, but it looks like crap. It is so blurry! TAA looked bad enough before, but this is just a new low for visual quality.

So... what are we left with? DXR by itself offers unacceptable performance. DXR+DLSS offers terrible visuals.

In the end, RTX is a complete bust for BFV. Pathetic.

Comments

• DiscoPr0
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but after reading this I am less than hopeful for a better experience.
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I turned it off, its unplayable.

Every 5-10 secs you get massive fps drops..
  • Raggz67
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    man, it looked horrible. So blurry and it looked like anti aliasing was totally absence.
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oversold marketing "tech".
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Well DXR doesn't work with 2060 + 7700k. Most likely the CPU can't handle it, I got choppy frames and stutter, basically unplayable.

But just so I can test out DLSS I activated DSR and it looks absolutely horrible. DLSS makes the game look like you are playing on a very low resolution like 1280 x 800 or something. Everything is blury and the textures look like they are on low Q.

I'm guessing nvidia needs to release a patch for this ?

Right now TAA low seems like the best option. Sharper image. OnTAA high everything looks blurrier, especially plantation.
  • Judge_Dredd_80
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Same here on RTX 2080TI
    To enable DLSS I had to use nVidia DSR first to upscale my 1440p screen to 2160p, however after enabling DLSS the game looked very blurry..
    Post edited by Judge_Dredd_80 on
  • AWholeHam69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Runs just fine with DXR on my 2070... 100+ FPS.
  • BassMan_PC
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously... Look at the image with just DXR and then the one with added DLSS. The blur is terrible.

3500552-bfv+dxr.jpg

3500553-bfv+dxr%2Bdlss.jpg

• BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very bad all around. At 4k which is my only option on 2080ti it looked really bad. And no real difference to fps. So a complete waste of time tbh. They've really sunk to a new low on this game in general. Poor release and a month late, too many bug to keep track of, the worst anti cheat in gaming history, servers full of aimbot, no recoil and esp hacks, no private rented servers, and releasing patches to fix issues that shouldn't have existed in the first place and market it as a big bonus to the game. Quality at Dice is the lowest i've ever seen it. Anti cheat is laughable. Asleep at the wheel
  • BassMan_PC
    edited February 14
    Another thing worth mentioning is the increased input lag and microstutters when using RTX. It does not feel good at all, even when running above 60fps.
  • rp707
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    here i am with a gtx 1070 just enjoying the game