Focused Feedback - Visibility

F8RGE
2 postsMember, EA Community Manager
edited February 13
With the changes to visibility going live today I thought it would be an idea to create a one stop shop for all your feedback.
  • What do you like about the changes?
  • What don't you like about the changes?
  • Are there still problem areas on a specific map?

Squad up, have a few games and be sure to let us know what you think.

Comments

• cylon0
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Let me preface this by saying with the exception of Titanfall 2, every Battlefield title I've played has been the best game I've played to date. So when I post, I'm not griping. I just know the devs care and try to fix things until the game becomes an ultra-polished product.

That being said, I noticed very little changes in visibility in game.

Some soldiers in plain sight seem to remain hidden; even close--up. This is especially problematic in the Hamada map right facing North right around the B Flag in squad conquest. This is even when turning graphic settings to "try-hard" mode.

I do believe I was able to see soldiers easier at a distance in Arras squad conquest.
  • RaiderTango
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Enemies point blank are basically still invisible. Also i know this isnt meant to be here but buff smg damage please
  • PINCODEStv
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I found it a 10 % better, still needs another 90%, so nothing has really changed. I have played 660 hs of BFV already (5000hs total saga), and i quit 15 days ago, cant play more than 20 minutes with the visibility as it is, and the sound also looks like 5 years ago, it just gets boring after a couple maps, i just hope you guys make it right with the Firestorm stuff.
    Post edited by PINCODEStv on
  • IIIZiPIII
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not tried the patch yet still downloading ,What is it that we should see new in this patch over last ? what as changed is it something thats going to be a massive change to visibility, Or is this just another contrast change washing out the game's GFX ,

The least you could of done was post a "Before" and "After" image ?

One thing that confuse's a lot of players, Is we all have hard time telling, if some one is dead or just laying on the ground there needs to be away of distinguishing dead from living players .

Player visibility in game should be much clearer ,Go back and check out other BF games and get a better understanding what as changed from them until now ,They are better clearer and not hard on the eyes to see players ie making the game less frustrating . If you had a great formula in them games why change it when its already working .

Dice logic :D
  • pest174
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's perfect. I dont think the visibility needed a change anyways, you're supposed to camo with the environment. The slight increase you've added is just enough. Well done

Uniforms, dear. They're wearing basic uniforms. I've made the argument before where BF4 uniforms used camo patterns, but you can still tell players apart from the their surroundings.

Looking forward to trying the patch a little later.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I feel like the maps itself are sharper and a little more vibrant colourwise. Its is slightly easier to see people but overall doesn't feel like much of an improvement.
  • Bu1ly4
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should left visibility alone. It was all fine. At last camouflage had been working.
  • Toretotenerife
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Batman696 wrote: »
    IMO There was no visibility issue. Is this not a game based on a war setting? Is camo not supposed to work? Do players really not want to go stealthy?

If the players are so concerned about enemy visibility , don all the characters in bright pink clothing with no choice to customize. Happy ? you can see everyone now. No hiding. Doesn't that sound stupid?

I personally love that fact that I can hide using the shadows or terrain that matches my camo uniform. It allows me to defend objectives or ambush runners trying to flank the bulk of our team. Please Dice, don't ruin this game by listening to bad players.

As for you bad players. 3d spotting exists... its in the scout class. They are called binoculars. Make a squad , have one of your squad members play scout. shouldn't be hard to get a sniper. This was a squad based teamwork game right? You run with your squad to objectives. You win more often that way.

Jajaja dont cry camper and go to PUG
  • Toretotenerife
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ver y bad playera XD
  • FoxOzone
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Batman696 wrote: »
    IMO There was no visibility issue. Is this not a game based on a war setting? Is camo not supposed to work? Do players really not want to go stealthy?

If the players are so concerned about enemy visibility , don all the characters in bright pink clothing with no choice to customize. Happy ? you can see everyone now. No hiding. Doesn't that sound stupid?

I personally love that fact that I can hide using the shadows or terrain that matches my camo uniform. It allows me to defend objectives or ambush runners trying to flank the bulk of our team. Please Dice, don't ruin this game by listening to bad players.

As for you bad players. 3d spotting exists... its in the scout class. They are called binoculars. Make a squad , have one of your squad members play scout. shouldn't be hard to get a sniper. This was a squad based teamwork game right? You run with your squad to objectives. You win more often that way.

I totally agree here, it was never an issue to be honest! You finally made camo great and the whole spotting system was one of the greatest features with this game!
    I think the gameplay is epic and the whole point with BFV was to change things up and not to change it back to BF1!
    You are taking a step into the right direction! Don't change direction! Don't focus on changing the basics that many of us that play actually enjoy!
    Focus on adding more things to the game that is already great!
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    literaly no change to visibility , using every graphic setting set on LOW , enemies still invisible , on fjel still cant tell an emy from a rock , just had a game where a guy was literaly right in front of me next to a rock , and standing , i didnt see him , it looked perfectly like a rock. Please fix it.

In the photos it just looks like they've cleared away some of the debris and props, but this wasn't the issue. It's the fact that the texture and colour of the enemies have equal amount of texture and contrast as the enemies so on a 2d surface they just melt into the background. Usually in most FPS games, the enemies or characters have more 'pop' to them than the maps, but in this everything looks the same.
  • 1iq_schmeckle
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got a gtx 1080 , i7 7700k , 16gb dual channel ram 3000Mhz
    Game runs on ALL LOW settings
    Vsync-off

I am getting 100 fps drops on domination 32 players and TDM wich never happened to me before , i was able to maintain 144fps perfectly with no drops
    On Grand ops (Every map except Hamada) my fps dips to 80 quite frequently , wich never happened before , my lowest was like 110 but i was staying comfortably into 120-144
    This things are starting to turn me off from this game , it seems with every update the game becomes worse and worse ...its unaccepteble that i drop into 80 fps with all settings on low considering the rig i have.
  • Tullzter
    782 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a gripe with visibility when game first launched but now actually enjoy it as it is and i feel it truly gives a sense of warfare, makes you more aware of your surroundings and forces you to play cautiously , as long as the changes don't highlight the soldier and point an arrow with neon signs down on them, then any minute change won't affect the experience (which as i said, was already good)
  • Doc943
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of my first impressions of BF5 was that I struggled to see targets because I’ve poor eyesight. That’s not an excuse but I had no such problem on BF1, 3 or 4. I’ve not noticed a significant improvement on today’s update but I’ll be more conscious that you’ve tried to make it better.
  • EKiefer1
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see much change, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.
  • 1iq_schmeckle
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EKiefer1 wrote: »
    I don't see much change, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

there is actually 0 change this patch is a joke , this is not a visibility improvement by any shape or form , wee need better visibility damn it , i dont wanna visit an eye doctor just because i played battlefield for a few months