Combined Arms Fail

Bear626959
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I just tried the new mode and as a Co Op/ single player fan it feels very limited and tacked on to be honest. There is no matchmaking or AI squad. So if your friends aren't on you can't even fully enjoy the mode. There is eight missions, but only four locations. This mode was delayed for this. No polish, and it probably won't do well. Then Dice will declare no likes single player.

Why can't you just do private matches with bots so we fully realize Battlefield in a single player co op way. Where we could invite our friends and play on all the maps. Your team needs a new single player co op development lead, because whoever is in charge now does not know how to do it. This could have so many more options.

I bought BFV specifically for this mode. Check out how Call of Duty does there bot matches, and all the options they give players. I like Battlefield better, but your barebones options for single player and co op fans really miss the mark. Very disappointed 🙁

Comments

• PigsofRedemption
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish there were missions you could play as the Axis.
  • Bear626959
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do too. Ideally I would have loved to see a Conquest style single player co op game mode where you could add as many bots as you want, and switch sides. Also you could pick any map you want. With a least being able to invite a squad of friends, but if they weren't available you could just squad with AI.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On a plus you can get all your guns to lvl 10.
  • JamieCurnock
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've not played yet but is it really that bad?

What are the missions? Are they basically single player type missions but with up go 4 people playing together? Are they actually team work orientated? Do they require communication or is it just point and shoot waves of enemies?
  • PigsofRedemption
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13

You can even complete weapon assignments and daily orders on the mode too.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bet KDR Stat is tied to the mode as well. Lol
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No matchmaking? They're begging to bury the gamemode.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Seems that even DICE know the mode isnt a crowd pleaser (not played yet so cant comment) and so the only way to get people to play - so they dont look like failures, is allow them an easier route for assignments. Poor show!
  • ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Seems that even DICE know the mode isnt a crowd pleaser (not played yet so cant comment) and so the only way to get people to play - so they dont look like failures, is allow them an easier route for assignments. Poor show!

At least some don't work - the "in objective area" ones don't seem to anyway.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bear626959 wrote: »
    So if your friends aren't on you can't even fully enjoy the mode.

No **** sherlock.
  • Blackidus
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You can complete weapond assignments in the war stories too.
    The counter or progress bar wont show up but it still counts.

At least it worked for me a few weeks ago when I tried the singleplayer for the first time.
    I completed an assignment for the drilling, nothing poped up while I whas playing but when I whas back in the menu I suddenly had a skin shipment in the armory for the drilling.

This might have been a bug that´s been fixed but it worked a few weeks ago.
  • Bear626959
    edited February 13
    Bear626959 wrote: »
    So if your friends aren't on you can't even fully enjoy the mode.

No **** sherlock.

That's why matchmaking would have been a huge asset. That or a AI squad. So you could enjoy the mode no matter who is on. Lots of games have random matchmaking to fill out those times friends are not on, or maybe there is one friend on, but you need to fill out the team.
  • JamieCurnock
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone actually played it yet?

What is the point? Is it just waves of enemies? What do you actually do?
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This sucks to hear. I had some hope for the mode. I enjoyed it in BF3.

I don't like that you can only play with friends. Most of the guys in my "platoon" have stopped playing altogether, so without matchmaking it's going to be a crapshoot.

Maybe they'll add matchmaking later?
  • ElliotLH
    7712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm playing it now.

Fairly linear so far - go here, kill these dudes, do some stuff, survive extraction.

It'd probably be good with friends and it's alright to just have some fun messing around but maybe not more than that. For me anyway.
  • JamieCurnock
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I'm playing it now.

Fairly linear so far - go here, kill these dudes, do some stuff, survive extraction.

It'd probably be good with friends and it's alright to just have some fun messing around but maybe not more than that. For me anyway.

Ace. Thanks mate. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Obviously I've not played but I agree, can't see this being fun for more than a few goes. Quite looking forward to trying it anyway.
  • ElliotLH

I'm playing it now.

Ace. Thanks mate. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Obviously I've not played but I agree, can't see this being fun for more than a few goes. Quite looking forward to trying it anyway.

No worries man and I'm sure you'll have some fun with it.
  • Ramell_of_Cadia
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

At least some don't work - the "in objective area" ones don't seem to anyway.

That's because there are no objective areas in Combined Arms.