Weekly Debrief

Hackers and Cheaters in BF1 more frequently after BFV launch

Comments

• Stumpelkuh
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They've always been there.. true; a player who is so full of himself that anyone that kill him is "hacking" is just chatspam and annoying.What I mean is legit aimlocking players that almost never talk in chat (other than "Oh pls dont report, I'm so scared of EA Kappa, because they know they won't do ****)

But the amount of hacking increased for me at least, i doubt I was lucky the times before. Just became a trend this year it seems.
  • Titan_Awaken
    724 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stumpelkuh wrote: »
    They've always been there.. true; a player who is so full of himself that anyone that kill him is "hacking" is just chatspam and annoying.What I mean is legit aimlocking players that almost never talk in chat (other than "Oh pls dont report, I'm so scared of EA Kappa, because they know they won't do ****)

But the amount of hacking increased for me at least, i doubt I was lucky the times before. Just became a trend this year it seems.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=battlefield-1&platform=pc&category=report-concerns-or-harassment&issue=report-player&isChannelSelection=true

Send your cheater reports here. Provide as much evidence and info you can!
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I haven't but then again I just came back to bf1. A lot of the bf1 players are very new m so I see baseless hackusations. In BF5, different story. I've seen an uptick in BF5 of cheaters.
  • JonzeyAnd
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

I haven't but then again I just came back to bf1. A lot of the bf1 players are very new m so I see baseless hackusations. In BF5, different story. I've seen an uptick in BF5 of cheaters.

Well head over to my youtube channel and see for yourself.. its the same as my name.. and no im not a bad but not the best 150 player that report everyone that kills me or are better than me. im just tired of hackers ruining the game, EA isnt doing anything about it and on top of that the spectator mode is buggy and under developed. after 2 years i thougt the would have these things fixed. i just want to have fun and when i try to help the community to get rid of hackers, nothing happens from EA:s side and often the hole game chraches. i never remember the server number and the resent game funktion never got fixed. :smile:
  • bdonneritis
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, ive seen alot of hackers tonight, mostly using the invisibility hack. Im done with this shallow game.
  • Titan_Awaken
    724 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters, my friends. Not hackers.

Calling them hackers gives the implication that these sad, sad individuals wrote their own code and made their own program to cheat the game when in actuality all they did was download a .exe file from the Internet and double click it.

---

BF1 is dirt cheap now that BFV has come out so cheaters can just as easily create a new account if their main gets banned. Price isn't an issue for these people, nor is EA's evidently lacking system. I've since moved on to BFV and have met 0 cheaters so far (I've met a few bug abusers) but then again, I've only met quite literally a handful of genuine cheaters on BF1 in my 500 odd hours (I can count them on one hand).

It's pretty much the same in CS:GO now that Valve made it F2P; cheaters can roam pretty much freely until they get VAC'd and make a new account, then proceed to get the game again - for free!
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Calling them hackers gives the implication that these sad, sad individuals wrote their own code and made their own program to cheat the game when in actuality all they did was download a .exe file from the Internet and double click it.

---

BF1 is dirt cheap now that BFV has come out so cheaters can just as easily create a new account if their main gets banned. Price isn't an issue for these people, nor is EA's evidently lacking system. I've since moved on to BFV and have met 0 cheaters so far (I've met a few bug abusers) but then again, I've only met quite literally a handful of genuine cheaters on BF1 in my 500 odd hours (I can count them on one hand).

It's pretty much the same in CS:GO now that Valve made it F2P; cheaters can roam pretty much freely until they get VAC'd and make a new account, then proceed to get the game again - for free!

"Hacking" is a video game kndustry term to describe a cheater. It's an accepted phrase. Arguing semantics is about as relevant to any discussion as any grammar "corrections" are on the internet generally i.e not at all.
  • Stumpelkuh
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Love how EA just never responds to any of the issues. They just sit back and are like "Glad we have a platform where our players can cry and type. Lul"
  • BigF33t_13
    6675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

---

"Hacking" is a video game kndustry term to describe a cheater. It's an accepted phrase. Arguing semantics is about as relevant to any discussion as any grammar "corrections" are on the internet generally i.e not at all.

Cheating is the industry term for cheating. It's not about correcting someone's grammar. It's about not giving cheaters credit for something they are not. 99.9% of cheaters aren't near smart enough to hack. Please stop trying to cloud the issue.
    https://techopedia.com/definition/26361/hacking
  • Titan_Awaken

---

I have already agreed with you that it is an accepted term in the other thread so at this point you're arguing with someone who "agrees" with you.

And once again, I agree with you that it isn't that relevant (or rather important) to the discussion, hence why I only dedicated one sentence to it before moving onto the actually relevant stuff, which is the influx of cheaters in BF1 after BFV's launch in this case. Please do not hesitate to keep this debate of ours alive if that is what you wish but I'm personally gonna leave it here.

---

@Stumpelkuh

I am personally fortunate enough to not feel the impacts of in-game cheating in my region but I can definitely sympathise with those who do face these issues on a (semi) regular basis. Portions of the community have suggested shifting the balance of power from EA to the player (individual) by restoring the community centered RSP like the ones people saw in BF3 and 4 or even just a majority based votekick system. However, like you said, we can cry our eyes out but there is no guarantee EA will even spare a glance at us.

It will take another SWBF2 sized riot for them to wake up.
  • HiredRanger
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For a while they all went to BFV. It was horrible there. It also attracted a new wave of them. Then they got bored with playing each other and the lack of any purpose to BFV. Limited weapons and pretty boring. So they came to BF1. The problem is, they dont care if they get caught or not. They will restart with a new account and a new hack and powerlevel back to where they were unless they get caught again. Also, a lot of hackers from a certain country are targetting US companies trying to kill them off like this. Its now a common economic weapon since these companies got to be pretty large. It will get worse if they become really serious contributors to GDP.
  • HiredRanger
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

---

It isnt actually quite as simple as an exe file if you dont want to get caught. Many are installing what is a root kit on their PC which fundamentally changes how timing and other core functions appear. It is so so dumb. Someone literally has total unstoppable access to their PC or network from that point. Some of the people making them are just profiteering. But there are also some really bad actors using this and no one yet really knows the extent and what the motivation is. One thing is for sure. They have thought about the 'end game' content more than those that designed BFV )

Sorry for the cheap dig at BFV, too easy, couldnt resist it.
  • Sovachan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    when I understood the attitude towards hackers after playing in other parts, I decided not to buy the continuation of the game of the series anymore, I think this is the only way to avoid disappointment =)
  • DDDrakula
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 28
    i don't know what to do anymore, i reported this guys for a month, every day , posted on reddit, twitter, message to EA Support, nothing, just nothing...he still ruining Operations EVERY f.. day...

Removed link to user profile, naming and shaming is not permitted ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • BigF33t_13
    6675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There's nothing else you can do. Cursing and name n shame isn't going to help. Just get you censored.
  • EA_Rtas
    391 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Going to reiterate as I have before folks, naming and shaming isn't permitted, there's a right way to report people if you suspect them of cheating. Posting to the forums isn't it
  • Wizlon67
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The cheats have won, if we report them nothing happens. If we dare mention the name of obvious cheats we are silenced. Well back to reddit where the victims of these hackers can at least have a voice.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13021 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited March 29
    Wizlon67 wrote: »
    The cheats have won, if we report them nothing happens. If we dare mention the name of obvious cheats we are silenced. Well back to reddit where the victims of these hackers can at least have a voice.

First, This is discussion of moderation and it will not be tolerated.

Second, Name and Shame exists because of false positives where legitimate gameplay scenarios can occur which can SEEM like a cheat, But in fact is performed under a very specific set of circumstances

Shooting dynamite on a tank with a sniper rifle or shotgun would award the kill as a sniper rifle / shotgun in these instances ( killfeed would say that the user was killed by X weapon )

Also the act of name and shame violates the EA Terms Of Service :

Specifically -
    6. Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    • Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly. *I will explain how this is relevant after the quote*
    • Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.

Now comes the explanation as to how point number 1 would be in violation.
    Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.

By naming and shaming a user, You are interfering with their ability to use the EA service in such a way as to not be harassed or intimidated by other users.

Also in relation to the following point :
    Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.

This is in violation because by the action of naming and shaming, You are in fact harassing and Bullying the user you believe to be cheating.

We have a report system that is there for a very specific reason, So as always we recommend that the first course of action when you do meet a suspected cheater, Is to report the user and describe as detailed as you possibly can what the user is doing and how it is impacting your gameplay and thus your ability to enjoy the product you purchased.

If you ever need to check the ToS out for yourself, I will hyperlink it HERE.

Forum rules are located HERE

Thank you.

• Zivotinjica
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BRING BACK VOTEBAN!
  • BigF33t_13
    BRING BACK VOTEBAN!

That won't happen.
This discussion has been closed.