This Week in Battlefield V

Hackers and Cheaters in BF1 more frequently after BFV launch

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 1
    BRING BACK VOTEBAN!

Too many players in the game aren't mature enough to use it responsibly.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • K0libree
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Based on what statistics exactly? EA could at least try. But they won't do ****. I honestly hope their market crashes and they have to let go those incompetent Mods in this forum too.
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    K0libree said:
    Based on what statistics exactly? EA could at least try. But they won't do . I honestly hope their market crashes and they have to let go those incompetent Mods in this forum too.
    Goodbye. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    K0libree said:
    Based on what statistics exactly? EA could at least try. But they won't do ****. I honestly hope their market crashes and they have to let go those incompetent Mods in this forum too.
    This incompetent mod says see you in 72 hours.  (That also applies to your alternate account too)
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux said:
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    You won't receive any notification after reporting cheaters. It takes the time to sift through the hundreds of reports per day. Most are false reports too, so that just makes it longer to get to actual cheaters.

They don't actually get around to real cheaters either. I recorded a guy standing in the middle of the bridge on argonne, as a medic, ressing people on his team around the entire map. They were teleported to him and dropped from the bridge when they got ressed, he just stood there spamming it. at the same time, the "spotting" animation was playing constantly, cause the same cheat just kept auto-spotting everyone on the enemy team, just while standing still on the bridge while ressing people.

Reported him with the video evidence, nothing happened.

Even if cheaters DO by some miracle get caught multiple times, enough to get a permanent ban, it costs them all of 5 dollars to make a new account. So the cheat detection is ineffective, the punishments are light (you have to get caught several times to get permabanned), and the cost is cheap.

Nothing to really deter cheaters from cheating.

There is a reason rented servers in bf4 used Bf4DB, the community run anti-cheat database, rather than relying on the official anti-cheat from EA. Sadly, servers are so restricted in bf1 that the community cant do that anymore :<
    Could you send this video to me, please.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    K0libree said:

This incompetent mod says see you in 72 hours.  (That also applies to your alternate account too)

You're abusing your authority. You need to grow a thicker skin if you want to be an effective mod.
  • Titan_Awaken
    727 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    K0libree said:

You're abusing your authority. You need to grow a thicker skin if you want to be an effective mod.

It is OK to express one's hatred for a big company, corporation you name it since they have nothing to lose (or gain) from it. If that individual wants to see EA crash and burn? Fine. Whatever. It's not like anyone has the power to make that individual think otherwise.

The line is drawn when you start attacking people who are unaffiliated with the corporation whatsoever (mods aren't paid or even employed). You have every right to be dissatisfied with the lacklustre anti-cheat as a paying consumer. However, no one has the right to attack unaffiliated individuals.

So how is that an abuse of power? You're fighting the wrong fight, friend.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13055 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    K0libree said:

He isn't,  Really.

We moderate the forum out of passion for the Battlefield community and for Free,  We don't get a monthly or weekly salary for our commitment,  But we certainly expect to be treated in a civil manner,  As many here would also wish to be able to post freely without others being toxic towards them.

If people cannot post on here without attacking somebody regardless of whether they are a player or EA staff or volunteer moderators,  Then quite frankly we could do without that kind of person here.

Our community is better than that,  And if that's the kind of behaviour I come to expect off the community,  Then we are no longer the "best community in the world"..  Are we?
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Perhaps he shouldnt have used profanity.  You know the #1 rule thats existed since forever, but what do I know?
  • Jim_Hatama
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    This is intended. EA disable anticheat or something to promote bf5 *violation removed*. Hackers were almost nonexistant before that
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There's a few new private cheat clans that have a damage hack going around that circumvents the encryption measures introduced last year.

I've followed 4 of the players stats and none of them are being banned, so it's likely still undetectable. I know for a fact that they have been reported at least about 9 times each by people I know, still playing.

So I guess BF1's anti-cheat support has been ended. The good news is that the community that tends to stick around and play the game after it's life cycle are usually not interested in cheating and the amount you see tends to reduce.

I play a lot of BF3 and you don't encounter so many there anymore to be honest, despite the fact that there is not actually anti-cheat anymore.
  • HiredRanger
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 4
    BFV is terrible and very limited.  The choice of upgrades, weapons, armour is boring. 
    Post edited by HiredRanger on
  • HiredRanger
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 4
    Was just in a match where a guy got 337 for 7.  I died on spawn multiple times, with  a mountain between me and the attacker.    EA are a shambles and the series needs to die the death it started with BFV.  Unfortunately, BFV was so boring, that people that installed these root kits to hack, economic government actors and others are free to do as they will because the most common concern is that government are likely to be the ones engaged in that level of action. So if you know you work for one, who cares?  Economic warfare. You could whipe 100s of billions of the value of another state this way.  Some moron in his bedrorom wont care.  Actors with great VPN are paid for it.  The former is more cost effective but tonight I think I might have seen an actual foreign influence.
  • Titan_Awaken
    727 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Was just in a match where a guy got 337 for 7.  I died on spawn multiple times, with  a mountain between me and the attacker.    EA are a shambles and the series needs to die the death it started with BFV.  Unfortunately, BFV was so boring, that people that installed these root kits to hack, economic government actors and others are free to do as they will because the most common concern is that government are likely to be the ones engaged in that level of action. So if you know you work for one, who cares?  Economic warfare. You could whipe 100s of billions of the value of another state this way.  Some moron in his bedrorom wont care.  Actors with great VPN are paid for it.  The former is more cost effective but tonight I think I might have seen an actual foreign influence.
    Excuse my feeble, inferior mind but how did you go from cheating in a video game to inter-governmental economic warfare?
  • AzbestBreaker
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bought BF1 a couple of weeks ago, because I like shooters and I'm interested in the Great War in general. I liked the single player campaign and decided to try multiplayer mode. It was fun at the beginning, and I didn't mind being shot literally every second. I was aware that I needed to learn how the game works, how to move and how to take cover in order to not be an easy target for more experienced players.

It was until I began meeting enemies who could literally see me through the walls, or drop bombs on me right after I respawned. A few days ago I joined a match where some cheater was literally butchering other players. I was shot by him twice lying behind a hill, like there was no ground between me and him. People threatened to have him reported and he said he didn't care, because EA wouldn't do anything anyway. He ruined the game for all the people in the match, even those who were unfortunate to be on his side. I reported him to EA, and then found him at battleclub.net. It seems he was already reported on March, and still hasn't been banned. Seems he was right, nobody cares. I met him again yesterday, same story.

This made me think if there's a reason at all to play these kind of games from EA. If I'm not facing a fair competition, then why play? I want to have fun, not score the highest kill ratio ever. When I play medic, I try to revive as many teammates as I can. When I play support I provide ammo, mortar cover fire, and occasionally repair vehicles. When I play scout, I try to get as deep as I can behind enemy lines and spot as many enemies as I can for the team. I avoid killing to not reveal my position to the enemy. With hackers who can see you all the time and shoot you through the stone walls all that fun is gone.

I will not buy any game from Battlefield series anymore. If they can't deliver what they promise, a fair and a fun game, it's just a waste of time and money. I'd rather go and play laser tag, at least I know there are no wallhacks and aimbots included.
  • krikoea
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 12
    Is the anti-cheat enabled at all? I'm seeing a cheater for a prolonged period of time without sanctions. And today a new one, pretty blatant one.
    *name & shame circumvention removed*

Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • OskooI_007
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE has disabled FairFight's statistical based anti-cheat. There's a chronic aimbotter that has 20,000 kills with the Lewis LMG and a 75% headshot ratio who has been rage cheating for 3 months that I know of.

He's well known in the Battlefield community and has been reported by dozens of individuals. Still no ban.

Needless to say, EA/DICE's 'home brewed' anti-cheat solution is subpar.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE has disabled FairFight's statistical based anti-cheat. There's a chronic aimbotter that has 20,000 kills with the Lewis LMG and a 75% headshot ratio who has been rage cheating for 3 months that I know of.

He's well known in the Battlefield community and has been reported by dozens of individuals. Still no ban.

Needless to say, EA/DICE's 'home brewed' anti-cheat solution is subpar.
    There has *got* to be some pundit in the media that can name and shame EA/DICE on this massive issue...Doesn't any journalist with a broad reach have a problem with this company and is willing to expose it?
  • OskooI_007
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    I've given up on the PC cheating front. I consider it an unsolvable problem. I'm definitely getting a PlayStation 5 when it comes out next year.

Playing on console is probably going to suck a little. 60fps won't be as smooth as 100+fps, but as long as there's native mouse and keyboard support for Battlefield on PS5 I'll be OK. The trade-off of playing all newly released games cheat free will be well worth it.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • Viduwa_SL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    they just need players for bfv that's why they never take actions for this mess... every thread about this topic get closed.. so sad :(  im so sick of this today i searched for a server without cheater for 1 hour and i got one..... after half of the round some guy with weird name joins and ruins the game............................................. -_- and he is over lvl 100
    is this even worth telling ? or even typing ?
This discussion has been closed.