Feedback & Discussion - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #3

EA_Alexander
542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited February 2019
Lightning Strikes Update #3 is live and we're looking for your feedback! The update adds four-player co-op to Battlefield V with Combined Arms, we’re also focusing on improving the existing Battlefield V gameplay experience with this update. Netcode issues are being targeted, as well as general quality of life improvements on maps and ground vehicles. Check out the update notes, test out the changes and let us know what you think:
  • How TTK/TTD feels after the update?
  • What are your thoughts on vehicle balance after the changes?
  • How did you like Combined Arms?
  • What are the areas that need some more work?

See you on the battlefield!
Post edited by EA_Alexander on

Comments

• X_Tobinator
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    The Update is great but i think the combined arms mode need a bit more polish and i would love to see some or atleast one objektive point in there too (for the last asignments :D )
  • RagedTommy_mack
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello I don’t know what you have done I’m getting shot through rock faces and 3 times been head shoted from some one on the other side of the map???. The guns are useless now not enough damage ten shots with the geeehr at 30 meters which is stupid. The up date has really put me off takes so many shots to kill some one but you get killed in two from a ribeyrollos 1918 which has less damage ?????. Think I will be playing another game till it’s sorted if ever
  • AuroraKet
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    When are you ever going to fix the issues with medical and ammo crates falling through some floors? It's been an issue ever since the game launched. Happens regularly on second floors of buildings, and on the bridge in Twisted Steel.
  • RagedTommy_mack
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should of left it as it was and just polished it. Was my favourite game but after the update just wasting my time I’m a good player but some games are impossible people camping in spawn areas getting killed every 10 secs is very boring and not a game
  • EKiefer1
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really see much changes as far as visibility, TTK/TTD, haven't checked the balance of weapons as the ones changed I didn't try. I am seeing higher CPU usage after the patch and I use an fps cap of 60, seeing high 80-90's% at times which is bad as before was like the '70s.
    Maybe server issue only played twice for about 1 hr.
  • A1EVLSS
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ***My weapon or gadget Dog Tag kills to unlock dog tags still does not match my actual weapon or gadget kills. Example: 225 AT Mine kills, but to unlock the Gold dog tag it is showing less than 225 kills. It is tracking that I have less than the amount of actual kills...so I still can't unlock it. This is the case with a lot of weapon kills versus what the dog tag tracker is saying. I have brought this up numerous times even on Reddit with no response or fix. I play on PS4.
  • ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I must admit this update feels good for me

How TTK/TTD feels after the update?
    Need to play a bit more, but first impression is really positive.

What are your thoughts on vehicle balance after the changes?
    I don't know

How did you like Combined Arms?
    boring, although I like it that you can do the stupid assignments here.

What are the areas that need some more work?
    Combined Arms, and community servers with proper admin control
  • nsepanski
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Two of the greatest aspects of Battlefield 1: First, enemy spotting because it gave you and your teammates a common goal, giving it a more team orientated feel. Second, multiple variations per class that you can easily switch to during a game.
  • Feemy82
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    AuroraKet wrote: »
    When are you ever going to fix the issues with medical and ammo crates falling through some floors? It's been an issue ever since the game launched. Happens regularly on second floors of buildings, and on the bridge in Twisted Steel.

This has been fixed in this patch. However, for some reason you have to press two buttons to deploy them. The direct pad, and then the fire button which is rather annoying because in all the past Battlefield games you haven't needed to do that. Yes, I'm glad it's fixed (so far...only played 5 games) but the extra button press is annoying and will require muscle memory!
    Post edited by Feemy82 on
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    DICE fuc&ed it up again! 0 /10 for the patch

Netcode is worse, I die around corners even more. When I duck I take damage, it's 100% worse than it was. Almost 2 seconds behind a wall and I get shot. My ping is good 8 - 10ms (am I being penalised due to a good ping?). Way to go DICE you completely ruined it, you really are totally inept. Seriously why?

The game is running much slower and lagging terribly.

I'm getting the spawn graphical glitch, I'm glad I'm not photo sensitive epileptic! I have to look away from the screen

There is now a pronounced pause when I put my MMG down on a fortification and ADS - gives me a headache

and I'm getting crashes to desktop - first time this has happened in 200 hours play

Tbh I'm not surprised, why bother patching when there is absolutely no QA in place :persevere:
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • -Z8BT
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    and the ballanc fix or not?
  • nodwell17
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It would be nice if EA fixed The Last Tiger activities and letters. I clearly found all 6 letters and have done all the activities. However, on the main menu it shows that I have 3/6 letters and all but one of the challenges. Currently, i'm rockin the mustard yellow tiger tank not wanting to spend 8,700 Cc on a grey tank, when I should have The Last Tiger skin.
  • JishwaPick
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey BFV peeps, here's my feedback with the game thus far.

i. Difficult seeing players
    I personally LOVE how hard it is to see guys when they're prone. This is very realistic with the proper cammo. Love that detail, even though yes, it can be frustrating to get killed by someone you didn't see. That's war. And this isn't Call of Duty. Running and gunning has never been BF's 'mo'. Nor should it be. It relies heavily on team play. That's why I play this game. I don’t like the idea of this changing.

ii. Love how you guys keep updating and listening to feedback. Thank you. It makes the game more enjoyable and I love the updates and new content you put out.

iii. LOVE that idea of the campaign mode. Can’t wait to try it!! I hope there is an option to search for games to join up with other people who may be lone wolfing it but wanting to play with others.

iv. Love the killcam and how it currently works since the last upgrade. It’s nice to know where you get killed from. It also helps prevent someone from staying in one spot the whole game, cos you know someone’s gonna come hunting for you eventually.

ISSUES:
    A few issues I have come across (Xbox One) are as follows:
    i. I've had to quit several games because I've hit the main menu button during a match only to get stuck in 'limbo'. All my buttons disappear and I can't get back into the game.

ii. I also had it happen once or twice where I died but I just stayed on the ground, stuck in a state of waiting for a revive, but not able to have the option of being revived. I had to quit the game to get out of it. :(

iii. For some reason, sometimes the visuals take awhile to load in the main menu, and sometimes, they never load. Just a blank screen with the blue background and no menu buttons. This happens quite a bit and it’s rather frustrating.

iv. I’ve had several games that just randomly got disconnected. (Some of this may have been an issue on my end, but I’m not quite certain)

v. Tanks vs infantry.
    I’ve had it MANY times where I’ve shot at guys while operating the main gun of a tank, where a shell literally lands within a few feet from them, and they don’t die. How an earth can someone survive that? I think this should deal more damage. (and if I’m just missing something, then fair enough)

vi. Planes not blowing up when crashing into objects
    Obviously, if a plane fly’s into an object, especially where it completely halts your movement, it should immediately blow up.

Things I'd love to see:

i. Practice Range upgrades:
    I would love to be able to choose different gun attachments and vehicle upgrades in the practicing range. With planes, I'd love to practice dropping bombs in the target range. With tanks, I'd love to be able to drive around and have some moving targets to hit - short to long range. Maybe even some that fire back with different difficulties? It could be fun to have a bit of a ‘game’ in there, similar to the timed practice with normal firearms. You could have to drive around and hit a multitude of targets, some moving, some stationary with some being short range and others being long range.)
    With guns, I'd love to be able to switch different upgrades to see how this changes the usage of the weapon.
    I’d also love to be able to use every tank and plane, Axis and Allied to try them all out. (With all the upgrade options as well)
    It would also be awesome to have a stationary gun section, to get some practice with those. (mounted MG42’s as well as the big tank guns. [88s?])

ii. Hardcore game modes. (No killcam, and slightly increased damage with weapons. LOVED that in BF3 and makes for a more competitive game. More skill and team play is required.)

iii. Stationary Anti Tank Cannons
    It would be cool to have an option where you can move the gun to a completely different angle. If it were animated and took 5-10 seconds to complete the move. Also, I would love to see the reloading animation be manual instead of automatic, so I can see the shell land and gauge any adjustments I need to make when firing at long range. (On Hamada, for example) (So I reload when I want to, by hitting a button, instead of it being immediately upon firing).

iv. Once ejected from of a plane, if out of bounds, increase the amount of time to give you more time to run back into bounds. Say.. 15 seconds?

v. Tiger Tank
    For as much as this tank was feared in WWII, it’s pretty weak in BFV. Tanks in this game are way harder to use and way easier to take down than in BF3. I don’t even bother using them because of this. I’ve gone 1vs1 in a tank with an INFANTRYman and found myself trying to get away. Now.. maybe I’m just a terrible tank operator, but 1 guy shouldn’t be able to do jack squat head on with a tank. If he gets behind and shoots the rear, then fair enough. They just feel a little underpowered with infantry, that’s all I’m saying. And again, I’m open to the idea that I’m just not good in one. (Hence, some upgrades in the practice range could help with this)

All in all, I think you guys are doing a wonderful job and thank you for that! Please keep up the great work! Your BF games have award winning all over them. Yes, they are known to be a buggy, but you guys are working on it and I encourage you to keep doing that. Best FPS series of games I’ve ever played. I don’t even bother playing anything else anymore. Ever since BF3, I’ve been hooked.
  • JishwaPick
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, and yes, I've also had several issues with dying once I was around a corner or behind a pile of dirt. A tank shell? Sure. A bullet? Naw, that shouldn't happen. Thanks guys!
  • Gunn3r_MG
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When is your next Battlefield game coming out and can you rehire the employees that made BFBC2/ BF3 to make it? The graphics look good in BF5. That's at least one positive for Dice. Not a fan of spamming the fire button with rifles when registering head shots or point blank in the upper torso to kill someone and also seeing a team spray into areas because there is no friendly fire but to each their own . Just my opinion as everyone has theirs. Guess I will be back to check out the next patch whenever it arrives.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Someone would have to have told me i got this update. I was just playing for an hour, and see..

1)No visibility changes that i could tell.

2) Netcode seems the same. No improvements, or negative aspects.

3) Combined Arms needs to be a Bot Mode, and playing with AI on your team.

Synopsis, the issue with this game, was never TTD. TTK was always the issue, and the issue now. It's possible the netcode can't handle the fast ttk.

No spotting is now causing the visibility issue.

So, two solutions. Start servers with half the ttk we have now, and move up from there. Two, bring back the spotting feature on those servers.

I'm almost convinced the netcode and visibility issues, and frustrating TTD and camping issues, would be rectified.
  • foljov1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i was hoping the cheaters would be reduced but sadly its as bad as ever.
    ttd and ttk was ment to be sorted but its the same old , i get 6 or 7 hits with 1 or 2 head shots and nothing then die with a single shot from the same person and its not the difference with the guns because sometimes we both have the same gun.
    i know how many times i hit the head because i changed the colour for head shots.
    love the game but the community is toxic and all because the cheaters are getting away with it and normal players are getting hammered.