Feedback & Discussion - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #3

Comments

• Vengeance_FaZe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone would have to have told me i got this update. I was just playing for an hour, and see..

1)No visibility changes that i could tell.

2) Netcode seems the same. No improvements, or negative aspects.

3) Combined Arms needs to be a Bot Mode, and playing with AI on your team.

Synopsis, the issue with this game, was never TTD. TTK was always the issue, and the issue now. It's possible the netcode can't handle the fast ttk.

No spotting is now causing the visibility issue.

So, two solutions. Start servers with half the ttk we have now, and move up from there. Two, bring back the spotting feature on those servers.

I'm almost convinced the netcode and visibility issues, and frustrating TTD and camping issues, would be rectified.

Please don't half TTK. The infantry are wearing cotton and wool coats. They have no Kevlar, no plates, nada. If a 8mm high velocity round hits a human the kinetic energy shreds internal organs and ruptures major blood vessels dropping blood pressure to atmosphere pressure. This liquidation of organs and sudden loss of blood pressure immediately kills the person.

If TTK is going to drop please add a hardcore mode with health at 60. No health packs unless supplied by health stations and medics. Low ammo count.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Someone would have to have told me i got this update. I was just playing for an hour, and see..

1)No visibility changes that i could tell.

2) Netcode seems the same. No improvements, or negative aspects.

3) Combined Arms needs to be a Bot Mode, and playing with AI on your team.

Synopsis, the issue with this game, was never TTD. TTK was always the issue, and the issue now. It's possible the netcode can't handle the fast ttk.

No spotting is now causing the visibility issue.

So, two solutions. Start servers with half the ttk we have now, and move up from there. Two, bring back the spotting feature on those servers.

I'm almost convinced the netcode and visibility issues, and frustrating TTD and camping issues, would be rectified.

Please don't half TTK. The infantry are wearing cotton and wool coats. They have no Kevlar, no plates, nada. If a 8mm high velocity round hits a human the kinetic energy shreds internal organs and ruptures major blood vessels dropping blood pressure to atmosphere pressure. This liquidation of organs and sudden loss of blood pressure immediately kills the person.

If TTK is going to drop please add a hardcore mode with health at 60. No health packs unless supplied by health stations and medics. Low ammo count.

Well i have nothing against Hardcore Mode. I played a lot of that on BF1, so my infantry rifle could kill something lol. But i think given ttk is so fast here, you really couldn't make it any faster, being, it would be unplayable to many (keep in mind, HC totally died on BF1).

And two, i think we're having to come to the realization, the fast ttk is killing the netcode. I mean, they apparently Fixed it, but it's not that, and did not change anything being it was never that. It was ttk.

So i would think choice that needs to be made, is either a broken game for seemingly many, or nerf the ttk.

And given many will buy, and then refund this game based on these issues, i think it would have to be inevitable that in the least, available servers with a nerfed ttk would have tobe available to see if this tact works. And i think it will.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about some 32/48 player CQ servers? Would probably bring back 5 or so of my friends if you did this.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    StingX71 wrote: »
    How about some 32/48 player CQ servers? Would probably bring back 5 or so of my friends if you did this.

Yep, that may also handle the issues. If you could bring down the player counts away from 64 players on those big maps, that may even help the issues.
  • Karnage75
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From BFHL,SWBF, BF1, SWBF2, and NOW BFV Dice has delivered FIVE STRAIGHT years of dumpster fires. Each time we think it CAN'T get worse, you tell us, "watch this".
    Now, you are trying to cash grab onto the BR bandwagon, although you failed to realize that gamers love paying for COSMETICS, NOT poorly, half-finished games which you have CONSISTENTLY put out while catering to noobs and alienating your fanbase. I PRAY you go under before next gen, I will boycott your products until you can deliver $60 worth of games from now on however.
  • Feemy82
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They still need to standardise the AA sights for the LMGs. So far, the MG42 and VGO 1.25x sights look the most aesthetically pleasing ones, whereas the FG42 one is horrible. Please fix this DICE
  • Jinx033
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, the new patch is great as always, but one thing UPSETS me is, the AI kill counts in the combined arm are counted in players' overall KD ratio, I've player BFV for more than 200 hours since launch, I maintained a very good KD ratio in the multiplayer by trying very hard, and now the fact that people can get a better KD ratio than some pro gamers just by killing some AI really really upsets me. Thank you for your hard work on making the game better, I wish my comment is helpful on the same cause.
  • ballFetcher
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello I don’t know what you have done I’m getting shot through rock faces and 3 times been head shoted from some one on the other side of the map???. The guns are useless now not enough damage ten shots with the geeehr at 30 meters which is stupid. The up date has really put me off takes so many shots to kill some one but you get killed in two from a ribeyrollos 1918 which has less damage ?????. Think I will be playing another game till it’s sorted if ever

Also noticed being shot through (big) rocks several times after patch, even when being stationary behind one for a reasonable time. Like my player wasn't actually behind a rock. Have about 21 ping and its stable over time.

Ghost accounts are increasingly visible, perhaps since that strategy is widely discussed or due to us looking more closely. Even notices tanks being reserved and parked near beginning of map in frontline when team is way forward. If you look closely its obvious no player is controlling them (more than occasional movement). Never fired the main gun which i noticed after spawning in it. Should be dead simple to detect these occurrences/behavior automatically.
  • Ichstarker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My statement about Combined arms. PS4 edition

I like it. I love it. But, would be great if you increase number of enemies as number of players squad up in a comined arma game.

Also, another goos feature would be if you let players choose their server dor create the game.

Maybe, put lobbies on the search in order to let people know if someone is waiting for pals to roll a game.

Oh, and a constant happens in breaks and mortas mission. I tried to play with a mate (both of us from the same country) and the game use to stay for me (as leader)like "wairing for players". And my mate was dropped fom game, everytime in that mission. In that case is awful for me being rejoimimg game because it takes a lot for it to pass the "waitimg players loadind part" when no one is already in game except you.

Also, playing with another friend he had the problrm of, first minutes of mission he woukndt was abke to see enemies (they were invisibles) after seconds soemone of us shoot them. For me was all good, but he shown me his screem and was like, oh god!)

I feel the game as too easy in hard mode. Make them harder or largerer. The only hard part is in the final lefting 1 minute for be extracted and every enemie surounding you.

Another problem is some enemjes, when you kill them, thrown guns untakable. But other does normally.

Another problem is after you win or lose, the final scoreboard (where you see how much exp and coins you've won) doesnt work properly. It use to get stuck or send a sort of code like 1827373 and nothing
    else.

Despite all that, i liked the new mode, please enchance it.
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A decent patch with plenty of bug fixes. Please can you allow us to use a proper working SLI profile in the next patch.
  • Feemy82
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    As mentioned previously, the ammo/medic crate deployment needs rethinking. Now you have to press two buttons to deploy them. On PS4, the direction pad, and then the fire button which is not something you ever needed to do in all the past Battlefield games. Yes, I'm glad it's fixed (so far...only played 5 games) but the extra button press is annoying and will require muscle memory! I've pressed the directional pad in the hope that the ammo crate would appear but then remember it's another button press (shoot button)

Also, if you deploy them even on a slight incline, they tend to roll down, and if it's really steep, then you can bid farewell to the crates lol. Make them heavier or more immobile.
    Post edited by Feemy82 on
  • WebsterHyperion
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Being tracked all over the map by the AI rocket halftrack in combined arms is a problem, it will shoot you constantly with the rockets and if you are at it's front it will fire the machinegun at you. With AI tanks it feels the same the only difference is it does not follow you with the turret. All AI can see you through most thick foliage, sometimes even when you are under water and this breaks gameplay and frustrates the player. Please fix.
  • HairyBreeks
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It;s killed performance on my laptop. I have a 1070 and I7 6700HQ, was getting 60+ fps on high now spiking 45-60fps on low. Latest drivers and no issues with any other games.
  • maskedocelot
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I didn't notice any 1 hit death superbullets after the update on PS4. The directional hit marker of the last shot being wrong seemed shorter but still pointed in the wrong direction at times.
    I Like that ammo crates and the health glitches are fixed, but vaulting and the bipod still seem really random at times.
    I was also having a problem doing the sniper kills while prone assignment, lying down often tends to shoot the floor in front of me, the really confusing bit was that I had the zeroing on 150m trying to shoot people about 60m away and it hit the ground but I then changed it to 300m and it hit my target exactly where I was aiming which doesn't seem right.

Post edited by maskedocelot on
  • Ichstarker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes when I join a game I get in but the user bar is empty, this happens on ps4
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Combined Arms is so unappealing. I'm honestly curious on how DICE comes up with these modes. Whoever is at the top of that production should stop pretending like they know wtf they are doing.

Also, where is the Armory purchase option? I feel like I've seen DICE state it was coming, then delayed, then held off to put with patch but I lost track of if or when or how its coming.

I'll put it this way, I've played all BF titles atleast 800 hours (except Hardline). The replayability in BF5 is dead. I spent more time downloading the 5.3G patch than I did the 3 awkward matches of Combined Arms.

Your community manager has obviously left long before a sticky post was made, I've never seen so many BF fans collectively agree how bad your QA is.

I'm curious about the Amory updates as well. I thought some of the soldier customization pulled a few patches ago were supposed to make a return with this patch.

Looks like it was swept under the rug just like Boins and soldier dragging.
  • LimbicZero
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    About combined arms: That this bot shooting mode affects all your stats is so rediculous. You should understand the possible longterm implications of that. What if you add, or players create a competetive mode/server wich has kdr requirements? I have been part of clans which has had that. Those inflated stats combined with the level cap set at the current 50 (wich me and most of our platoon reached after about one week) there is no way at all to gauge another players skill. This need to change.