Feedback & Discussion - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #3

Comments

• Ichstarker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mr. Alexander, I must say sth about Combined Arms.
    My mate use to be kicked of my game when we both try as party create and play a game. There are issues for 2 players (looks like).
    Another problem is with the new tank (the rewarded one that you win after complete the weekly challenges). Sometimes vision is wrong.
    Pic here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eaP23uvkPtv6aNo25Ek-MER28yC4pFs6/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Euros2999
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Combined Arms needs a matchmaking system. Never does it seem like a friend is on that has the game that wants to play that mode. I love Co-Op and most of the people on the friends-list don't have BF5. It should be like this; I should, when I click on the combined arms and get redirected to the difficulty choices and select my preference, which thus loads me into the "Ready" lobby. In that lobby I should be able to wait for other players looking for the same combined arms mission/difficulty and also has no one else to play with at that time. Being able to be paired up with some random person/s is a lot better than going it alone if you have no buddies to get your back as you try to take on this mission by yourself. And even 3 other AI players to run alongside with you when there aren't any players at all looking to join that particular mission at that time, but of course give the option to wait it out till someone decides to play that specific mission or start it up right away and be given as many AI assistants as needed to fill up the 4 slots. This is my two sense, as I had a BLAST the only time i had a chance to play with a friend that has the game that was on and had the time to try the mission with me. We didnt completed cause a take obliterated the house we were hiding in waiting for extraction. It was the most fun over the course of any fps game i had had since i started playing fps's. Please get some kind of matching system to pair up other solo players who want to Co-Op it out with someone else for a bit.

Also, I really desire the remake of Battlefield 2142. I was 14th on the global scoreboard for sticky shelled shotguns and i really miss those pod flights up to the deck of the massive titan we were about to bring down. The magnetic mines, the WALKERS, omg the walkers were my favorite part. And then you guys shut down its server and the game was only designed to be allowed to play as long as it connected to a server for it. And without the server the game wont play. So essentially I lost my money on that game that i'd play even today if i could just to play with the walkers again. Shooting AI and taking the objectives till the tickets were done. You had it figured out then but one couldnt play it completely offline which is a bummer cause sometimes the internet isnt working right or something so one cannot connect to the internet. Anyway. REMAKE BF2142!!!!! skip bad company 2 it was like the leading edge of the frostbite engine anyway where-as BF2142 was before that engine. Blow the dust off that title and refurbish it PLEASE!!!
  • Euros2999
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Feemy82 wrote: »
    AuroraKet wrote: »
    When are you ever going to fix the issues with medical and ammo crates falling through some floors? It's been an issue ever since the game launched. Happens regularly on second floors of buildings, and on the bridge in Twisted Steel.

This has been fixed in this patch. However, for some reason you have to press two buttons to deploy them. The direct pad, and then the fire button which is rather annoying because in all the past Battlefield games you haven't needed to do that. Yes, I'm glad it's fixed (so far...only played 5 games) but the extra button press is annoying and will require muscle memory!

Not to mention can get you killed for, if you had had your weapon out maybe a second earlier you might have been the killer and not the victim.....
  • Ichstarker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Error in combined arma, after you have won a game in hard mode. Game doesnt show the stats. Also, the reward is 1000 company coins and no 1500 as the game wrongly says. Please, fix it. Or give me my coins lol

Error in first person redeploy cam. After you die in a jultiplayer game, you see all weird in the multi. play. redeploy cam. Horribly vision.

Another error, soemtimes the game doesnt show you if the explosives or smoke grwnades works after you have thrown it.

Another issue, in the churchill crocodile. I was top gunner and I shoot on all thoae enemies pkaying conquest in broken steel map. But no one received any damage, less no one died. Turret is useless now.

all this in ps4, fix it please.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The way the Combined Arms ends is jarring. Still in the middle of combat and things go into slow motion, "Victory!". Eh, it feels unfinished. Your squad should kill the last of the final attack wave and then your extraction shows up. I hate how these missions end.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not happy with the light tank nerf.

Now one of my favorite light tank set ups is completely useless against heavy tanks.

Heavy tanks could always just about 2-3 shot me dead.

With auto-cannon I had to spam 100s of rounds , maneuver around , hide , heal and perhaps get a kill.

Now I can't even damage them AT ALL .

Not happy with this patch

Pick the right weapon and quit crying. Spamming auto cannon, blinding your target and plinking them to death was easy mode.
  • SerSkrungus
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *sighs*
    Here I go complaining again. Medics and Machine Guns is what this game should be called, please deal with the obvious imbalances there, when whole squads are joining as either/or medics or MG class, that should be a hint. I feel like the assault class is obsolete at this point, may as well rename the whole class E.O.D. (Explosives and Ordinance Demolitions for those who don't know) because blowing up vehicles is about all the assault class is good for anymore, oh and what the hell is up with that? I get chased off by one vehicle buster and his ammo crate wielding buddy in my fully leveled and specialized tank(s) why not just nix the tanks and replace them with artillery cannons I mean that's about the level of armor you get for driving a 30-60 ton tank in this game, I know I sound petty and childish but it frustrates me as a level 50 (overall) when all the upgrades I have worked for feel like they dont mean squat. Anyways another issue I am running into is actually finding a game lately seems like it takes way longer than usual then upon entering into a 32-64 person gametype, there's 3 people not including myself sitting there twiddling our thumbs waiting for people to show up.
  • Kasukasao
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Heavy Tanks are way to armored they where fine before the patch and the Final Task to unlock the new Tank is 100% stupid. Just plz add it to the store to pay 30-100 dollars to unlock everything and everything in the future instantly. I want to enjoy the game not be forced to play a bad game mode or a bad play style.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • TomTommybb
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ping spikes anyone??
  • TomTommybb
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Combined Arms is literally TRASH!
  • Wrath
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know what would greatly improve the game? Fixing your download rates for these updates. Its not my ISP or firewall settings! i cant get on Steam and download a 15 gig game under 20 minutes, but when i download something from EA i the download rates take a nose dive back to the early 90's dial up rates ! EA needs to correct this issue ! Ive been in enough forums to know there are alot of other gamers that have this same issue with this company. Stop procrastinating and get to work on it !
  • X33N33
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Hardcore community waiting for the HARDCORE mode!!?? In every BF game was the HARDCORE mode. I am a BIG fan of BF and played since Bad Company 1 all BF games. Do I like BFV... Yes and No.
    Do I going to bay the NEXT BF!?? Hmmm???
    Therdcore is more realistic game mode. I personally liked like it was in BF1. But in BFV it will be difficult to tell whos as are in which site, so maybe the HARDCORE like in BF4 (maybe). More HARDCORE is Better for Me and other HARDCORE players!! [MHu3]
  • GoldenBoris
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Need and option to auto set to map spawn... dying and getting a squad view and having to click overhead view is a pain... Probably a checked box on spawn menu to easily toggle back and forth between overview and squad spawn.

Hardcore flashes upon death in squad view have to be fixed.

Need a save loadout with at least 3-4 spots to change outfits at a push of a button... very annoying to have to switch head chest and pants for better camo.

Probably same for weapons.

finish TOW, and redo that whole concept... I play games to have fun... not worry about weekly events or feel like crap when I miss out (even tho you can unlock it with coins).

Grinding as a vehicle camper sucked.

• SerSkrungus
    Notes from Skrungus, chapter 3, as read by Morgan Freeman.
    I have been noticing that a lot of the assignments don't register, I am well aware some are worded "in one round" I am talking about me actually getting them done but the system doesn't register it, no matter how many times I do it, the ones that are supposed to stack like, "kill 60 enemies" don't like to give out the reward. My most recent gripe is with the "in one life do 100 damage to tanks or halfTrax with gadgets" at what point does blowing up a Churchill tank not constitute 100 points of damage? How many do I have to destroy before it gives me my next assignment? Why does everyone elses' dynamite seem to blow my tank sky high but when I do it it's the equivalent of me throwing a koosh ball at a dragon? Again I hate sounding so poopy pants but dang.
  • SerSkrungus
    edited February 2019
    Notes from Skrungus, chapter 4, as read by Sir David Attenboro.
    I would very much like the "black screen of endlessness" glitch to be corrected. I do not enjoy having to close the application and restart every other game. I would like to say overall you fine folks are doing well, I do have a lot of fun, however some of these "blemishes" on your game have been here since day 1, it would seem that someone would have caught this mistake by now. Please keep up the hardwork and I shall continue to play.
  • SerSkrungus
    K this one I am angry about so I will just say it. Planes suck...there's no decent place to level them so all that happens is some jerk in their fully leveled been playing since day 1 plane spawn kills you before you get a round off, and what's with this whole "when planes collide mid-air only one of them blows up" crap?! That's some serious garbo right there...pure garbo...when two planes traveling at 300mph collide they both die...regardless of armor...fix it...
  • Datimio
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This new update just broke planes lmao. The mosquitos Hispano rounds do no damage to planes or tanks, and rocket pods dont affect bombers anymore. How did you even effect the rocket pods, if there was nothing changed to them in the patch notes DICE?
    Tanks also dont do damage or stop doing damage halfway through the fight so u have to turn and run away. The AA is a constant with not doing damage. The medium german Panzer also never seems to take damage from other tanks. You can go on massive streaks.
  • ArchAngel5419
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • What are the areas that need some more work?

It would be a wise choice for a developer with such an extensive history to implement a system to hotfix key (some would say drastically unhealthy) bugs as fast as possible. It is incumbent upon you to make the welfare of your players an urgent priority in situations where the game's graphics do not operate as intended as a result of an update pushed by the development team.

The "flickering screen" that affects the Parrot Camera is one such situation.

Quote from the Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker:

"UI - The Parrot Camera is flickering when user reaches the Squad Spawn Screen

Platforms Affected: All

Status: Status: We have a fix coming with the next update."

"Update," I will say, is an odd choice of a word. This tells your player-base that this problem won't be fixed until two weeks after the date this patch was released. If the past update schedule validates this theory, this becomes a liability for your company and potential current and incoming players who are at risk of light-induced seizures.

I can only hope that we have no such unfortunate incidents while this problem persists, and the chance that we could have already had an incident worries me greatly. The results of the work of your Quality Assurance team is lackluster, at best. This bug is not "hidden." It's actually unavoidable unless the player never dies or is never in a squad, two improbable situations which I doubt were in place during the entirety of this patch's test phase.

Be better.
  • foljov1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just been on for a good night of gaming but still nothing has changed as far as the cheaters.
    just played against a squad of 4 cheaters one of which could teleport.
    getting killed always 1 shoot and the player does not even have to be facing me.
    surely there game must be running funny and you can tell and ban them.
    they should be banned for life by using there ip .
    i know this wont happen because E.A think theses hackers pay for there games but they dont.
    must be losing millions because of the fairplay anti cheat, if this software is ever defending any other game i will not buy it.
    guess the only way they will sit up and take notice of how people are so pissed of is for everyone to stop playing it but why should we after paying.
    i do wonder if they are in breach of trade laws by saying it has an anticheat ?
    anyway thats my rant over . from a very pissed off paying customer.