Feedback & Discussion - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #3

Comments

• pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    • What are the areas that need some more work?

It would be a wise choice for a developer with such an extensive history to implement a system to hotfix key (some would say drastically unhealthy) bugs as fast as possible. It is incumbent upon you to make the welfare of your players an urgent priority in situations where the game's graphics do not operate as intended as a result of an update pushed by the development team.

The "flickering screen" that affects the Parrot Camera is one such situation.

Quote from the Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker:

"UI - The Parrot Camera is flickering when user reaches the Squad Spawn Screen

Platforms Affected: All

Status: Status: We have a fix coming with the next update."

"Update," I will say, is an odd choice of a word. This tells your player-base that this problem won't be fixed until two weeks after the date this patch was released. If the past update schedule validates this theory, this becomes a liability for your company and potential current and incoming players who are at risk of light-induced seizures.

I can only hope that we have no such unfortunate incidents while this problem persists, and the chance that we could have already had an incident worries me greatly. The results of the work of your Quality Assurance team is lackluster, at best. This bug is not "hidden." It's actually unavoidable unless the player never dies or is never in a squad, two improbable situations which I doubt were in place during the entirety of this patch's test phase.

Be better.

Agreed. I have slight photosensitivity, and the day this flickering started, I think I played around 3 hours, and the horrible headache that followed kept me restless that night.

The only other time I've felt ill from flashing lights was during a Spiritualized concert, so this issue is up there. I gave up on multiplayer until this issue is fixed, so I've only been on Combined Arms when I have time to kill.
  • TheRemedy911
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello I don’t know what you have done I’m getting shot through rock faces and 3 times been head shoted from some one on the other side of the map???. The guns are useless now not enough damage ten shots with the geeehr at 30 meters which is stupid. The up date has really put me off takes so many shots to kill some one but you get killed in two from a ribeyrollos 1918 which has less damage ?????. Think I will be playing another game till it’s sorted if ever

I'm confused, all the guns are worthless but the guns used against you are absolutely OP?
  • SerSkrungus
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay someone has to say it. The British planes are O.P. you guys can give the German planes bigger guns all you want but we all know the German planes NEED to be more agile and manuverable, I understand you went for realism but I'll be damned if a mosquito BOMBER would be able to CONSISTENTLY dogfighting and winning against stukas or bf-109's and I mean the spitfire pilots dump the gas flip over and instakill me everytime and there's no defense against it whatsoever...Not fun, honestly one of the most imbalanced systems in the game so far.
  • SerSkrungus
    I would really like my assignments to register the first time instead of having to play another match or restart the game.
  • daFox_is_saXy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello :-)

- Combined Arms makes no fun, missions are too short, Matchmaking would be nice
    - some mates (and me) lose ~10-20 fps after this patch, fells bad
    - we want sqad congest back !!!!, there is no 8 vs 8 moderight now, this mode was the best feature after release, now BF V
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't understand what is going on here. Prior to the update I was going positive k/d in most matches and since the update I'm going entirely negative, and badly so. I can barely kill anything and I am feeling those one shot deaths far too often. PS4 with an average 18 ping here. What happened to the netcode?
  • TUK_N_UR_JAW
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    lightning strikes - iron fist ( kill 20 enemies while attacking an objective using a ground vehicle)

Gee how do i accomplish that when in every game i join i cant get a vehicle ? Why are we earning stuff that should have been in the game in the first place ? Ive joined 10 matches and still havent been able to enter a vehicle. I refuse to spend 20 hours to complete this. Some people do have jobs and cant spend 24 hours a day trying to complete one objective. Make things more realistic
  • Steamer2010
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    At least try to phrase your assignments clearer and make sure they function properly.
    Post edited by Steamer2010 on
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Completed but Stug IV not delivered to shipment's.

Anyone else have this problem?
  • PanzerJack
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Completed but Stug IV not delivered to shipment's.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, me too

everyone else that has this bug, hit the me too button:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Tides-of-War-Mission-bugged/m-p/7522800/highlight/true#M11175
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lightning strikes - iron fist ( kill 20 enemies while attacking an objective using a ground vehicle)

Gee how do i accomplish that when in every game i join i cant get a vehicle ? Why are we earning stuff that should have been in the game in the first place ? Ive joined 10 matches and still havent been able to enter a vehicle. I refuse to spend 20 hours to complete this. Some people do have jobs and cant spend 24 hours a day trying to complete one objective. Make things more realistic

DUDE IT IS EASY! you just have to camp with a ground vehicle outside a enemy objective and just kill them, it counts even if you not in the objective, they just have to be in the objective.
  • RazielXI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really enjoy the new tank, is awesome but... i've unlocked it really hard trying for the 20 kill and now i've seen that you patch to 5 kill so, i would ask if it is possible to unlock for the one who can't get the zk-383 because he don't win a squad conquest.. like me... a've done all the objectives but the last i cant do... it seems ridiculous but it's true
  • MURLAV
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    need more vechicles on each side like in BF4
  • CarolSuemy
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please! I already finished all of weekly mission Lightning Strikes, but this new tank Stug IV, not is appearing in my company...

Please, someone help me, because today is the last day, and I worked hard to get this tank, it's not fair if I don't get it.

My nickname at EA Origin is CarolSuemy And I posted a video showing this problem on my Twitter, @carol_suemy
    I really hope that it will be fix.
    Thank you.
  • GOAnaft
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue!
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    @GOAnaft @CarolSuemy

It's a known issue and we're looking into this.
  • CarolSuemy
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @GOAnaft @CarolSuemy

It's a known issue and we're looking into this.

Ok, I'll wait!
    Thank you!
  • robcostello
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven’t received update #3 . Nvidia 2060 with latest driver and Win 10 latest . DLSS greyed out.
  • SerSkrungus
    I feel as though team balancing is still an issue, the screen flash is soo bad, I also truly feel like the medic and support class weapons need a little more nerfing the class functions themselves are great it's just the weapons they wield are so o.p. it is getting difficult to play as anything else. I mean why would you wanna play assault or sniper when the medic class makes assault look like doodoo, and the support class can snipe and spot almost as well as the real deal recon. Yes in my previous posts I was angry about planes I still am a lil bit, both sides have obvious imbalances the allied planes are practically fighter jets and the axis planes are flying anvils LOL. I do apologize for any attitude previously. I do wanna say thanks for taking the time to sift through all this all for the sake of improvement.
  • SerSkrungus
    edited February 2019
    *exasperated sigh*
    Umm is there anything we can do about spawn killers regarding planes? Maybe spawn from a different direction at least? Some of the maps like Twisted steel are very lopsided in regards to that. Whoever camps the enemy spawn area wins, and that's not good gameplay that's how C.O.D. players play, let's be better than that. TBH I have been trying to level up my planes and it's realllly difficult with the way the planes spawn and are currently balanced, that's why I am here so much ranting on your feedback forum. Well anyways thank you for your time.