It's time for EA to pull the plug on DICE

rainkloud
548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
On November 9th 2018 DICE unleashed BFV and like any other game it suffered from bugs and balance issues. Unlike past titles though this one included one particular bug that that had far reaching effects on any map that contained vehicles:

This bug allows any player to stack up on secondary shells by repairing at the vehicle depot and before the cycle concludes switching from the primary to secondary weapon. I hope everyone will understand how much of an advantage having unlimited Case or APCR shells means. For those that don't though, all you need to know is that specialty shells are powerful shells that are ostensibly limited in quantity far below your primary weapon allotment. Being able to circumvent this means you are cheating and have in your possession a super powered vehicle.

This bug was first reported properly through EA bug forums on November 20th. After having just logged in this morning to test to see if this was fixed in the latest patch I am disappointed to report that it has not.

To whom responsible at DICE I am thoroughly disappointed in your efforts. I've worked through mixed emotions with BF3 and 4 and tried to be sympathetic to the plights and challenges of making such a complex game across 3 platforms but your inability or unwillingness to recognize how detrimental this situation is has confirmed my belief that you are not masters of your game and are not worthy carrying on the BF franchise. That mantle should be reserved for a studio who takes their responsibilities as artists and game makers seriously.

It has become evident after 10 years that DICE is just not on a trajectory to get Battlefield to that level of refinement (not perfection) that it so desperately deserves. There's a lot of money invested in these games and people spend a ton of time and that means DICE has a huge impact on our lives whether we realize it or not. By allowing a bug that encourages cheating and ruins player experiences (often without them being none the wiser) they are in effect using that time we are devoting to them to make our lives worse. That's not right. This is an entertainment company. True, entertainment isn't always fun and sometimes it is challenging and frustrating but that is because it is intended - not the result of sloppy craftsmanship as it is here.

So to a beleaguered EA I say that it is time to do what you do best and sever this sour relationship and hand the franchise over to a capable and worthy team who will honor the BF legacy and deliver on the promise of a great BF game that has been teased and dangled before us for many years but not yet delivered.

Comments

• FF-Bulletsponge
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No DICE should get rid of the money hungry EA
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The BF franchise can do without both the EA greed and DICE incompetence
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I find it hard to believe that anything EA did would have prevented them from fixing this.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's amazing to me how many people, like you, just say DICE is incompetent. You try to make a full AAA game with 0 bugs, crashes, or exploits. It's more difficult than you think. Sometimes, 2 years is not long enough and to take into account that they had a massive budget cut recently, it's amazing the work they've done.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Dice is a wholly owned subsidiary of EA

• rainkloud

It's amazing to me how many people, like you, just say DICE is incompetent. You try to make a full AAA game with 0 bugs, crashes, or exploits. It's more difficult than you think. Sometimes, 2 years is not long enough and to take into account that they had a massive budget cut recently, it's amazing the work they've done.

Nice strawman, what's his name?

By the numbers and for the record:

1) Major bug reported on Nov 20th to the EA Forums
    2) About 60 working days later this is still a problem
    3) What has prevented them from fixing this? Why no acknowledgement?
  • MarxistDictator
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    but its ok because only planes are cheap according to this board

The MAA is the victim here; when trying to farm all the infantry while avoiding bombers in your own base it should be completely invincible to harm but its not. Dice do you know what fair gameplay is
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, that could happen. But if it does, we have to realize, no more BF. And unless you're on PC, i don't where we're going to get any quality war games, unless you like COD or Battle Royale. So, the trick is, before it does happen, is see if DICE could listen in what ideas we may have to bring 'quality" back to BF.
  • ZombieP1ow
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

no excuse for releasing such a broken game. The only "amazing" thing is the abuse of customers.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieP1ow wrote: »

no excuse for releasing such a broken game. The only "amazing" thing is the abuse of customers.

Who's to say it's not EA that's doing all of this? It's wrong to blame someone when it's unclear who the blame should fall on.
    As far as I'm concerned, EA is the problem. Rushed deadlines, pushing micro transactions, etc cause a broken game.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    rainkloud wrote: »

Talking about strawman, but doesn't actually give specifics in the counter.
  • rainkloud
    rainkloud wrote: »

Talking about strawman, but doesn't actually give specifics in the counter.

What details would you like provided that aren't covered in the video, OP, and linked bug report?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

EA owns DICE, they completed buying outstanding shares in that company back in 2006. So no, DICE can't get rid of EA.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should mothball DICE just like they did with Visceral. These idiots are the epitome of incompetence.