[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

shapes01
12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited February 14
Have been playing BV since early access, have had not problems in creating an SLI profile for 2 X 1080TI and fully using both cards since then. Went to boot game today and only 1 card is working. Latest NvIDIA driver is intalled (418.19) tried to force SLI still no joy. Can anyone shed any light on this?

[Mod edit: This thread is now converted to Megathread to collect all feedback on SLI and DLSS]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• ThePlacidHatter
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Am I doing something wrong or does this game still not support SLI???

You'd think a game like Battlefield would have SLI support by now, especially when Nvidia seem to be close to the game.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLI is getting abandoned because single GPUs are powerful enough to run games on max setting and high FPS.
  • ThePlacidHatter
    SLI is getting abandoned because single GPUs are powerful enough to run games on max setting and high FPS.

Sure, if you only use a low resolution/ refresh rate.

For me, a single 1080 can only manage 70-90 FPS at max settings, 1440p. It'd be nice to be able to realise the full potential of my 165hz display.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

For me, a single 1080 can only manage 70-90 FPS at max settings, 1440p. It'd be nice to be able to realise the full potential of my 165hz display.

Then get a higher end card? My 2080ti manages 130+ FPS in 1440p
  • ThePlacidHatter

Then get a higher end card?

Ahhhh.... No.
  • mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if SLI is abandoned as some people say why they came out on the RTX series with the new Nvlink? tecnally SLI is dead and it was born the Nvlink , but this game have so much going on that Nvlink support probably will take longer to be supported ....
    single cards are so powerful that you need a 2080TI which costs a arm and a leg yet only at 1440p , now that 4k monitors are coming out with high refresh rate you really think one single GPU will pull decent frames on that? lmao
  • RayD_O1
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly, 4k users need SLI, give us a BFV SLI profile like we had in BF1 its not asking a lot.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    mendez84 wrote: »
    if SLI is abandoned as some people say why they came out on the RTX series with the new Nvlink? tecnally SLI is dead and it was born the Nvlink , but this game have so much going on that Nvlink support probably will take longer to be supported ....
    single cards are so powerful that you need a 2080TI which costs a arm and a leg yet only at 1440p , now that 4k monitors are coming out with high refresh rate you really think one single GPU will pull decent frames on that? lmao

The thing with 4k is the difference between 1440p and 4k. At this point you're getting into diminishing return territory. 4k is alot harder to drive compared to 1440p, not even talking about 4k UW, yet the image quality is barely different. So unless you're some savage with 30k euros to spend on a custom setup, there is no reason to get high refresh rate 4k monitor.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So unless you're some savage with 30k euros to spend on a custom setup, there is no reason to get high refresh rate 4k monitor.

That's certainly your opinion, and not one I share. The Battlefield games look absolutely **** stunning in 4K as compared to 1440p. There really is a difference and you'd need to be blind not to see it.
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Am I doing something wrong or does this game still not support SLI???

You'd think a game like Battlefield would have SLI support by now, especially when Nvidia seem to be close to the game.

You are correct that there is no official sli support, but follow the below guide, and sli works just fine.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1
  • darkkterror
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An older version of the Geforce driver used to have working SLI support for BFV, but then at some point the profile was removed. I can't remember the last Geforce driver that had the SLI profile (or what version it was removed in).

Based on comments I've seen on the Geforce forums, Nvidia is supposedly waiting for DICE to do something to make the game more multi-GPU friendly. Don't know what that would be, as my dual 1080s were running SLI fine under DX11 until the SLI profile was removed in a driver update.
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An older version of the Geforce driver used to have working SLI support for BFV, but then at some point the profile was removed. I can't remember the last Geforce driver that had the SLI profile (or what version it was removed in).

Based on comments I've seen on the Geforce forums, Nvidia is supposedly waiting for DICE to do something to make the game more multi-GPU friendly. Don't know what that would be, as my dual 1080s were running SLI fine under DX11 until the SLI profile was removed in a driver update.

There is a slight ghosting issue due to the forced TAA implementation when using sli. Also the dynamic weather effects don't work with sli, as it stands right now.

That aside, the sli scaling is perfect, provided that nothing in your system is bottlenecking the sli performance. See my above post for the sli guide.
  • mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    So unless you're some savage with 30k euros to spend on a custom setup, there is no reason to get high refresh rate 4k monitor.

That's certainly your opinion, and not one I share. The Battlefield games look absolutely **** stunning in 4K as compared to 1440p. There really is a difference and you'd need to be blind not to see it.

I agree with you , I play on my 4k monitor with my RTX2080 and is absolutely amazing the quality on the image , way superior to 1440p ......
  • RayD_O1
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If I recall correctly the last driver with working BFV SLI profile was 416.34.

• Dragam
    RayD_O1 wrote: »

If I recall correctly the last driver with working BFV SLI profile was 416.34.

The profile that driver used was just the bf1 profile, which you can add yourself to any driver in no time...
  • RayD_O1
    I already use the Nvidia Inspector method to add an SLI Profile.
  • NamelessForNow
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mendez84 wrote: »
    jasonvp wrote: »

I agree with you , I play on my 4k monitor with my RTX2080 and is absolutely amazing the quality on the image , way superior to 1440p ......

I'm averaging 95fps with my 2080ti at 4k ultra preset. I'd much rather have that than 120fps at 3440x1440.
  • Dragam
    I already use the Nvidia Inspector method to add an SLI Profile.

Then i don't understand why you people keep on going about what driver had an sli profile... it was always a generic profile, that isn't optimized for this game... so wether or not you just have to spend 2 seconds adding the profile yourself... big deal. What is a big deal though, is wether or not we will get a profile specifically for this game.
  • RayD_O1
    Exactly, 4k users need SLI, give us a BFV SLI profile like we had in BF1 its not asking a lot.

Which is what I posted above.!
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do have a slight concern regarding the editing of the SLI profile, and it's something that's recently come to light. Folks have figured out and started editing the game's NVidia profile to completely de-content the game. As an example, Jack posted a YouTube video today showing the results of it. He did not say how to do it or even name the Inspector outright. Just the results of doing it.

He's noted a few people have been banned outright for this, but I don't think it was automated. And in each case of those bans, the offender was also clearly using an aimbot cheat. But, according to him, Dice has said they are working on a way to "detect" this and outright ban people for doing it.

There's literally no way they can do this via the game. They can only do it by running checksums on the NVidia profiles, which change with every single driver. And randomly running checksums against another part of the operating system (eg: the driver in this case) will open them up to allllll sorts of potential legal trouble. So keep that part in mind.

But IF they do it, this may mean trouble for those of us who want SLI.