Weekly BF

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Nvidia SLI is a proprietary technology handled by Nvidia. So, if that's your question it's probably better asked over at: https://forums.geforce.com/ as they have the developers you are talking about.

The developers at NVidia have publicly stated that this is Dice's doing. They (NVidia) had SLI working for BFV before the game launched, and then when it did launch Dice undid something, breaking SLI. So, the OP's question is properly posted here vs the GeForce forums. No one at NVidia can help us with this. It's on Dice's shoulders.

^^^ This. According to the link at the other thread this is possibly just some ham fisted way to "fix" the LOD exploit. The problem as one poster noted is they are playing in areas outside their game install.. which IMHO is a no-no. And I quote:
    To Dice:
    I didn't authorize you to make changes to my operating system. You have rights to the installation directory and any children directories for Battlefield, Origin, etc. But not the NVidia files in C:\ProgramData. You don't get to play there.

I know why you did this, and it's a very poor sledgehammer approach to the LOD cheating problem. Why not, instead, check the profile for the specific LOD sections that the cheaters change, and alert on that? Flash a large, annoying banner across their screen and disable connecting to multiplayer games if you've detected the LOD parts changed? That's "scalpel" vs "sledgehammer". Try that, instead.

Let us re-enable SLI. Or make it a priority(!) to get SLI working properly with this game; NVidia says it's alllll on you. The SLI guys have already figured out a way around your "sledgehammer" approach (and yes, it works). It's a short matter of time before the LOD guys do, too.

Apparently the "fix" is to make a few files read only so the game cannot change them. Wonder what other files on my PC DICE thinks they have the right to play with?
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Letsep wrote: »
    1550084187-capture.png

OK ..

1080 dlss is only available on the 2060 2070 models

1440 dlss is available on 2060/70/80 models

4k dlss is available on all cards

yes i now... :(
  • BiaLos
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting the exact crashes.

I'm on 2080TI newest nvidia drivers 418.91. With DX12/RTX/DLSS enabled.

Did not have any issues prior to patch/driver updates.

System:

i7 8086k/32gb @ 3600/z370 asus formula/2080TI

Initially game will load into server, but it takes only seconds after for it to crash to desktop once in game. Reloading the game simply causes it to crash, have to run repair through origin or restart pc.
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nvidia SLI is a proprietary technology handled by Nvidia. So, if that's your question it's probably better asked over at: https://forums.geforce.com/ as they have the developers you are talking about.

The developers at NVidia have publicly stated that this is Dice's doing. They (NVidia) had SLI working for BFV before the game launched, and then when it did launch Dice undid something, breaking SLI. So, the OP's question is properly posted here vs the GeForce forums. No one at NVidia can help us with this. It's on Dice's shoulders.

^^^ This. According to the link at the other thread this is possibly just some ham fisted way to "fix" the LOD exploit. The problem as one poster noted is they are playing in areas outside their game install.. which IMHO is a no-no. And I quote:
    To Dice:
    I didn't authorize you to make changes to my operating system. You have rights to the installation directory and any children directories for Battlefield, Origin, etc. But not the NVidia files in C:\ProgramData. You don't get to play there.

I know why you did this, and it's a very poor sledgehammer approach to the LOD cheating problem. Why not, instead, check the profile for the specific LOD sections that the cheaters change, and alert on that? Flash a large, annoying banner across their screen and disable connecting to multiplayer games if you've detected the LOD parts changed? That's "scalpel" vs "sledgehammer". Try that, instead.

Let us re-enable SLI. Or make it a priority(!) to get SLI working properly with this game; NVidia says it's alllll on you. The SLI guys have already figured out a way around your "sledgehammer" approach (and yes, it works). It's a short matter of time before the LOD guys do, too.

Apparently the "fix" is to make a few files read only so the game cannot change them. Wonder what other files on my PC DICE thinks they have the right to play with?

hey @stabbinhobo, where was that quote to dice from? was it another thread or reddit? just curious, and want to continue reading on the issue..
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New patch come with a ton of bugs fixes, that is fine but now to avoid people play in a low Graph Qlty, Dice found the easiest way to fix it, When u open the game this, set as default the BFV profile on nvidia profile Inspector tool. I have 2 1080 TI and I can't use DX12, and now I can't use in SLI. Are u guys serious, I mean develop a game is a little bit easier than make an Hello Word in COBOL or a simple algorithm in Machine Learning but come on, doing that u are limiting users to use SLI, the only way that I have to enable SLI is using nvidia profile inspector tool. Each patch is a open book to take a note for new bugs to make new patches and while (true){ patch(bugs); }.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tedrampart wrote: »

To Dice:

hey @stabbinhobo, where was that quote to dice from? was it another thread or reddit? just curious, and want to continue reading on the issue..

Linky-dinky here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aqcba1/sli_has_been_finally_killed/
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Pecone
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The same thing. The latest patch broke the game completely on DX 12. Crashes within 5 min...always!

My Specs:

MB: Asus Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero WI-FI AC
    CPU: Intel Core I7 8700K (4.8Ghz All Cores)
    Video: EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 418.91
    Memory: Corsair Vengence 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    Monitor: Dell Gaming S2716DG with Gsync 27.0"
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 750 W
    HDD: Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB; ADATA Ultimate SU800 SSD 512GB
  • Pecone
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the game is unplayable in DX12 since the latest patch. Crashes 100% of the time all the time. Switching to DX11 - no crashes.

My Specs:

MB: Asus Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero WI-FI AC
    CPU: Intel Core I7 8700K (4.8Ghz All Cores)
    Video: EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 418.91
    Memory: Corsair Vengence 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    Monitor: Dell Gaming S2716DG with Gsync 27.0"
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 750 W
    HDD: Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB; ADATA Ultimate SU800 SSD 512GB
  • ftmiranda
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

Today, Feb 13th 2019, Nvidia released a driver update saying that its possible to play BFV Ray Tracing at more than 60fps at 4k.

I'm curios to know if that is indeed true, because I can't do that on my PC.
    My PC configuration:

i7 8086k (5.2Ghz)
    32 GB RAM 3200
    SSD EVO PRO 2TB
    NVidia 2080 Ti FE (+200Mhz clock, + 700Mhz Mem)
    Windows 10 1809 latest update as today Feb 13 2019

On 4k Using Ultra details if I enable DX12 and Ray tracing I can only get 60fps using Ray Tracing on LOW
    If I use RT/DLSS at Medium I get 50fps (sometimes lower) and Ultra I get 43fps and when really busy 23fps.

I'm not playing Multiplayer using Ray Tracing, I use LOW settings on everything (otherwise the same is too slow). but just for the sake of testing the technology I just wanted to see if what Nvidia and BFV can really run at the 4k 60fps Ray Tracing on Ultra as these website claims:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-418-91-whql-drivers-rtx-dlss-bfv-metro-exodus/

• theCB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's still not working for me.
  • STOPchris
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't work for me either with a 2080 Ti... Buggy **** game.
  • theCB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 2080TI, I'm at full res on my 2k monitor and have 144 hz on. It's greyed out.
  • theCB
    Mine won't even turn on.
  • theCB
    Everything is up to date.
    I've got my resolution and refresh rate as high as it will go
    Drivers up to date
    Dx 12 and RTX options are full on and the DLSS is greyed out.
  • STOPchris
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    theCB wrote: »
    I have a 2080TI, I'm at full res on my 2k monitor and have 144 hz on. It's greyed out.

Pretty buggy game overall really.
  • ftmiranda
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I figured it out!! There is a new option DLSS that you have to enable (duh!)
    Now I can get the full 60+ fps with DX12, Ray Tracing on Ultra, Graphics on Ultra at 4k.
    The only issue so far is the game crashing a LOT! Ievery two or so games (conquest) or even the campaign the game crashes and goes back to Windows. Probably Driver Instability
  • Sir_Coleslaw
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its the same here, Win is up to date, drivers updated, dx12 and rtx on, DLSS greyed out.

RTX2080Ti
  • ftmiranda
    There is even a thread on support about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/The-Game-Crashes-all-the-time-after-the-latest-patch-with-DXR/m-p/7482427/highlight/false#M9850
    It seems that many people are having the crashing issue as well
  • RayD_O1
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Come on DICE we need a proper working SLI.