Weekly BF

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• RayD_O1
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Did they disable because of Nvidia Profile Inspector glitch?
    Then they must add the BF 1 profile for BF V as the official profile!!! Anything else is just ****! Game is unplayable without SLI!

Exactly, we paid for hardware which we are not allowed to use properly in BFV.
  • RayD_O1
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes unfortunately we now need another workaround on top of the previous nvidia inspector method, see the other threads for details.
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    Yes unfortunately we now need another workaround on top of the previous nvidia inspector method, see the other threads for details.

Meanwhile SLI users suffer, who cares? people cry about every single detail on the game, and Dice/EA do everything to make that people happy, unfortunately, SLI people are just claiming at least to have good performance, but DICE/EA are so focused on everything that do not fix anything, just 23 hours from the patch you can play with the Minecraft graphics again and I have my SLI back. Nice try, I hope the method to do it do not get into the hands of youtubers because if so, the next patch will not have SLI, nor will DX12, and possibly restrict access to the nvidia control panel. LOL.

• l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People cry about the game, because 1 in 50000 people is glitching and killed him 3 times in a row, then he comes to BFV forum, Cry a lot and DICE/EA make some botchery no matter how many money u spend in a top G hardware, that is your problem, they only dry the tears of the weepers regardless of the cost of your PC.
  • GeForce_Y
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys,

Since the last Batllefield V Update my SLI isnt working. Befor, I activeted SLI with the Star Wars Battlefront II profil and it was perfectly working. But now, if I do that, in the loadingscreen of BFV both Cards are used, but in the moment, when the main Menu opens, SLI isnt working and the settings in NVIDIA Profil Inspector are reseted to the NVIDIA defaults.

I tried to reinstall the graphics driver und reinstall BFV, but no effect. I also tried an other SLI profil (those from BF One ), but same effect.

Does anyone have an idea? Thank you!

My specs:
    I7 6850K
    2x GTX 980TI
    32GB RAM
  • bigguyhawaii
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Search.
  • RayD_O1
  • theCB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone found a solution?
  • shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People cry about the game, because 1 in 50000 people is glitching and killed him 3 times in a row, then he comes to BFV forum, Cry a lot and DICE/EA make some botchery no matter how many money u spend in a top G hardware, that is your problem, they only dry the tears of the weepers regardless of the cost of your PC.

Well that was helpful and makes total sense. A lot of people still utilise SLI.
  • GeForce_Y
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That helps! Thank you very much!
  • Jinko_itx
    740 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2080 ti can only be played at 4k resolution to use DLSS, 2080 is 1440p and higher, 2070 is 1080p and higher
  • Jinko_itx
    740 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you need to be running at 4k in order to use the DLSS on the 2080 Ti
  • fragnstein
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    2080 ti can only be played at 4k resolution to use DLSS, 2080 is 1440p and higher, 2070 is 1080p and higher

What he said
  • theCB
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That seems odd.
  • Squizzy326
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant even get back to the options page to turn the damm stuff off crashed on the loading screen every time.. Trying a repair as somone else suggested then turning it off I HOPE.. Thanks dice for crap
  • Carbonic
    1501 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Thanks for the link :)

I still think this is Nvidias fault though. By allowing people to force "cartoon mode" onto competitive multiplayer games (what I consider cheating). If this is what DICE can do to fix that then Nvidias whole profile system is poorly designed and need to be upgraded to allow SLI AND the game controlling it's own graphics at the same time.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    If this is what DICE can do to fix that then Nvidias whole profile system is poorly designed and need to be upgraded to allow SLI AND the game controlling it's own graphics at the same time.

The tools are already there; Dice just chose not to use them. As my quote (that's me, BTW) from Reddit suggested: Check the profile for the specific LOD settings. Dice knows which ones they are, and the NVAPI will let them check those specifically. If those settings (and ONLY those settings) have changed: throw a fault and kick the person out of the game.

Simple, easy, done. SLI users can continue to make changes so they can enjoy using both of their cards, and LOD cheaters get the boot like they deserve.

Instead, Dice took the easy (and potentially legally challenging.. hold for that..) route: change the profile back. Well, as others have stated, it effectively shunts any UAC that Windows has running by using NVAPI. The end user is never alerted that the files are being changed. I.... uh... wonder what Microsoft will think of that when they find out? I'll bet a paycheck they won't like it.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    I do have a slight concern regarding the editing of the SLI profile, and it's something that's recently come to light. Folks have figured out and started editing the game's NVidia profile to completely de-content the game. As an example, Jack posted a YouTube video today showing the results of it. He did not say how to do it or even name the Inspector outright. Just the results of doing it.

He's noted a few people have been banned outright for this, but I don't think it was automated. And in each case of those bans, the offender was also clearly using an aimbot cheat. But, according to him, Dice has said they are working on a way to "detect" this and outright ban people for doing it.

There's literally no way they can do this via the game. They can only do it by running checksums on the NVidia profiles, which change with every single driver. And randomly running checksums against another part of the operating system (eg: the driver in this case) will open them up to allllll sorts of potential legal trouble. So keep that part in mind.

But IF they do it, this may mean trouble for those of us who want SLI.

Called this one on 20 Jan, didn't I? ... Ugh!
  • Carbonic
    1501 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 14
    jasonvp wrote: »
    Carbonic wrote: »
    If this is what DICE can do to fix that then Nvidias whole profile system is poorly designed and need to be upgraded to allow SLI AND the game controlling it's own graphics at the same time.

The tools are already there; Dice just chose not to use them. As my quote (that's me, BTW) from Reddit suggested: Check the profile for the specific LOD settings. Dice knows which ones they are, and the NVAPI will let them check those specifically. If those settings (and ONLY those settings) have changed: throw a fault and kick the person out of the game.

Simple, easy, done. SLI users can continue to make changes so they can enjoy using both of their cards, and LOD cheaters get the boot like they deserve.

Instead, Dice took the easy (and potentially legally challenging.. hold for that..) route: change the profile back. Well, as others have stated, it effectively shunts any UAC that Windows has running by using NVAPI. The end user is never alerted that the files are being changed. I.... uh... wonder what Microsoft will think of that when they find out? I'll bet a paycheck they won't like it.

Considering BFV is a Nvidia title and DICE has access to and get help from Nvidia developers directly (RTX and their AI AA) what you are saying doesn't make a lot of sense. So I don't think it's as simple as that. But unless a DICE Frostbite engine programmer or the like appears on here or on Reddit/Twitter I don't think we will have the full story, only speculations.
  • DiscoPr0
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This might be the most not ready for release of a game in EA history. 6 months later and problems still exist left and right.