Weekly Debrief

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played for 2 hours last night in DX11, not a single problem the entire time.

Doesn't RTX and DLSS get disabled on DX11?
  • SovereignGS
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this in another thread, but you all may find it beneficial.
    It is truly amazing that Anthem, another Frostbite 3 title, fully supports SLI while BF5 will not... even though it works fine. As for a fix: marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.
    1. Run nvinspector and enable your SLI bits, save your changes.
    2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or yours may be C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.
    3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

I know why they are doing this, but in my opinion their "solution" is a dirty quick fix that affects legitimate users of the software. There are other and unobtrusive ways they could fix this.
  • LsDay
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Responding to this megathread to throw my support behind an Official SLI fix.

If that cannot be done, please undo this change that has locked me out of making my own workaround.
  • MrPhoenix69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this in another thread, but you all may find it beneficial.
    It is truly amazing that Anthem, another Frostbite 3 title, fully supports SLI while BF5 will not... even though it works fine. As for a fix: marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.
    1. Run nvinspector and enable your SLI bits, save your changes.
    2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or yours may be C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.
    3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

I know why they are doing this, but in my opinion their "solution" is a dirty quick fix that affects legitimate users of the software. There are other and unobtrusive ways they could fix this.

Thx man this worked like a charm for me. I can run now my 1070 's back in sli :smiley:
  • Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the DLSS feature, it is just they need to give us 2080 ti owners an option for 1440p instead of 4k only, it causes too many framerate dips in a 64 player match
  • spychodelics
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    seems like the 2080ti cannot handle the dlss load in 1440p because of the high framerate
  • l3ravo_Alpha
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Just to let you know: If you encounter crashes during game launch with DX12 enabled (DLSS and DXR on maybe), start it up in windowed mode, go to options and disable DX12, exit and relaunch. Fixed it for me. Had issues since the latest Nvidia driver update.
    Post edited by l3ravo_Alpha on
  • Krampfader123
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried different graphic settings and its for sure DX12. Always crashes after an hour or so with DX12 enabled. No effect if RTX is turned on or not
  • Solo0071
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    Same Issue, all drivers up to date, game might start to screen then just crashes, or doesnt start at all. 2080RTX
  • quiet1key
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    reverting geforce drivers back to 418.81 solved this for me
  • dalbig513
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dogness wrote: »
    Good news. I found a workaround that works for me.

The problem appears to be with DLSS.

You can manually disable it by doing the following:
    1. Exit BFV
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battlefield V\settings
    4. Edit the file PROFSAVE_profile
    5. Find the line that looks like this: GstRender.DLSSEnabled 1
    6. Changed that line to look like this: GstRender.DLSSEnabled 0
    7. Launch BFV.

so far this worked for me too... if you can't stay in the game long enough to disable the DLSS, try this temp fix until there's a patch and/or a new driver.
  • xO8BALL
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    if you delete the settings folder as shown above Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battlefield V\settings
    then run it from the shortcut it will return it all to default settings all together
    in answer to squizzys post thats how to get round not being able to get in to it at all to
  • DaSeanston
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having the same issue with DLSS crash to desktop on menu loading screen. No error. i7 4770K, RTX 2080, 32GB DDR3.

Really disappointed because I was really hyped for DLSS support.
  • Integer0verload
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Latest Nvidia drivers crash the game. Noticed they rolled bag NG driver from 3.0 back to 2.14 some threads say issues with 3.0 but now crashing for me 2080 TI 4K DLSS and RTX on.
  • Se7enX89X
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Enabled both as well as dx12 and restarted the game. The game makes it to the loading screen before main menu and then crashes to desktop....
  • desigangsta
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got the 2080 Ti on a i7 9700 cpu PC. Can enable Direct x 12, and ray tracing, but still don't have a choice for DLSS. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor. It makes zero sense that NVIDIA would make their top of the line card in such a way that it can't be used for DLSS on 1440 p monitors. NVIDIA or DICE/EA need to do something about this.
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Got the 2080 Ti on a i7 9700 cpu PC. Can enable Direct x 12, and ray tracing, but still don't have a choice for DLSS. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor. It makes zero sense that NVIDIA would make their top of the line card in such a way that it can't be used for DLSS on 1440 p monitors. NVIDIA or DICE/EA need to do something about this.

Why would you want to use dlss though? It provides a more blurry image than using basic upscaling, and worse performance to boot.
  • TeRRoRiZeRXX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WarfareONE wrote: »
    Just installed BFV update today Feb 14th, 2019. Also the latest Nvidia driver 418.91. Now my SLI is not working anymore. I've reinstalled Nvidia driver 417.71 that did work and for some reason now, once I start BFV game the setting/profile goes back to original settings. No SLI only single GPU. I've tried several time and it always seems to go back to non-SLI and only single GPU. You cheaters caused all of this crap and always a few idiots thinking that cheating is fun to get higher scores etc. You should absolutely be banned forever. Now thousands of us that spent hard earned money on nice PC's hardware and graphics cards can't SLI our GPU's anymore. Thanks you dam cheaters for this crap. Please get out of the PC gaming and don't come back.

If anyone comes across how to get my two 1080ti to SLI again on BFV, please share your settings because it looks like it will always put your setting back to original once the game starts.

Try this:
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    WarfareONE wrote: »
    Just installed BFV update today Feb 14th, 2019. Also the latest Nvidia driver 418.91. Now my SLI is not working anymore. I've reinstalled Nvidia driver 417.71 that did work and for some reason now, once I start BFV game the setting/profile goes back to original settings. No SLI only single GPU. I've tried several time and it always seems to go back to non-SLI and only single GPU. You cheaters caused all of this crap and always a few idiots thinking that cheating is fun to get higher scores etc. You should absolutely be banned forever. Now thousands of us that spent hard earned money on nice PC's hardware and graphics cards can't SLI our GPU's anymore. Thanks you dam cheaters for this crap. Please get out of the PC gaming and don't come back.

If anyone comes across how to get my two 1080ti to SLI again on BFV, please share your settings because it looks like it will always put your setting back to original once the game starts.

Try this:

You could do that, but then you lose any game specific driver optimizations. A much better approach is to add the bf1 sli profile to the bf5 profile, as you then retain all the driver optimizations for bf5.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last nite I enabled DXR and DLSS, started the game and kicked out to the desktop , happened a couple of times so I had to disable them both. Must be the latest driver.