Weekly Debrief

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• OG_Madbone
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dogness wrote: »
    Good news. I found a workaround that works for me.

The problem appears to be with DLSS.

You can manually disable it by doing the following:
    1. Exit BFV
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battlefield V\settings
    4. Edit the file PROFSAVE_profile
    5. Find the line that looks like this: GstRender.DLSSEnabled 1
    6. Changed that line to look like this: GstRender.DLSSEnabled 0
    7. Launch BFV.

I have a 2080ti with a 8086K . I also have crash to desktop after 2 minutes. It appears that DLSS is NOT supported on 2080ti when you play 1440p, it is ONLY supported at 4k. Now when i look in my videomenu ingame, DLSS is greyed out so i cant disable on enable it. But it shows like it is enabled. I will check the Dogness option and see what happens when it is disabled.
    Issues started when the driver updated from Nvidia 417.71 to the 418 and 419 versions . They mentioned DLSS activated but ever since it was crash to desktop.
    I will get back on it when i have checked Dogness option.
    Thank you
    OG
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, this SLI "workaround" also gives jerks the ability to use Potatofield graphics again?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh man this is foreign language to me. I sold my Xbox today and I'm ordering a Ryzen 5 2600/GTX 1660Ti PC this week.

Am I going to be infected with all these PC problems? Lol
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    So, this SLI "workaround" also gives jerks the ability to use Potatofield graphics again?

Sadly, yes. Which is why their "solution" was a bad one to begin with !

But it seems that bad sales means that neither EA/Dice, can be bothered to spend too much time/money improving this game in any way... what is surprising is that nvidia isn't pushing more for sli either, as this game is basically being used as a poster child for nvidia tech.
  • MiniMike_DK
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26

If you can't use DLSS on a 2080 in 1080p, then why does Geforce Experience recommend it on for optimal settings??
    Is it only in 1920x1080 it can't be used? I'm using 2560x1080 and I am able to turn it, which btw results in crash.
    Post edited by MiniMike_DK on
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you can't use DLSS on a 2080 in 1080p, then why does Geforce Experience recommend it on for optimal settings??
    Is it only in 1920x1080 it can't be used? I'm using 2560x1080 and I am able to turn it, which btw results in crash.

Why on earth would you use dlss at 1080p in the first place? 1080p is plenty blurry in the first place.
  • SprayingMango7
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone from DICE or EA officially stated why SLI has been disabled? Manuel Guzman from NVIDIA said that DICE chose to kill support for it...for the "time being" and that it could be added later. Just wondering why they did this.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone from DICE or EA officially stated why SLI has been disabled?

No statement has been made other than "We don't support SLI in BFV" and that was it. Don't expect them to elaborate on that, the "why did they", etc. It won't happen.
  • Dragam
    jasonvp wrote: »
    Has anyone from DICE or EA officially stated why SLI has been disabled?

No statement has been made other than "We don't support SLI in BFV" and that was it. Don't expect them to elaborate on that, the "why did they", etc. It won't happen.

It's quite alarming that they have choosen to take this approach... the battlefield series was one of the last bastions for sli, and now just like ubi did with asscreed, dice choose to completely cut the support out of nowhere.

Luckily we will likely be able to force sli in battlefield games for as long as they continue to use the frostbite engine and offer dx11 suport.
  • DeathMetroll
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    RaZoRfi wrote: »
    I made a list for you guys and girls to follow in order to make Sli work again.

1. First go make sure "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and unselect read-only on both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin

2. Now run nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and select Profile: Battlefield V

3. Set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. Set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. Set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

6. Click Apply Changes and close nvidiaProfileInspector

7. Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

Sli should again work with dx11.
    But you need to make sure and unselect the read-only everytime you want to make a change to settings in the future.

Thank you for that tips but I've been through all of this, but at point 7 settings in NVinspector go back to default after checking the "read only" square !!!

Have you seen similar issue before ! I can't understand why this happen...

Thanks !
  • Nzz1
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So where is official SLI support?

... and where is official "supportpeople"? Haven't seen any official answers here on this forums.. :(
  • Dragam
    Nzz1 wrote: »
    So where is official SLI support?

... and where is official "supportpeople"? Haven't seen any official answers here on this forums.. :(

None of the developers ever answer on the their own official battlefield forum... they only look / answer on twitter and reddit.
  • shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, Have just updated to the latest nVidia drivers (419.35) The Sli work around seems to have been patched, anyone else confirm this?
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    shapes01 wrote: »
    Ok, Have just updated to the latest nVidia drivers (419.35) The Sli work around seems to have been patched, anyone else confirm this?

What do you mean by the work around being patched?
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes new drivers are the problem go back the old ones fixes the problem.
  • Dragam
    xMrBeer wrote: »
    yes new drivers are the problem go back the old ones fixes the problem.

Good reason as to why one shouldn't just always swap to the newest driver, unless the new driver provides support for something you need.
  • xMrBeer
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 6
    Delete
  • Takiflak
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, I see this post includes the term "SLI issues" and while I realize this is meant for people using the workaround (which to my knowledge disables weather effects, if it does not then please correct me), I would like to add to the discussion that we are still waiting for official SLI support from Dice.

I have a dual 1080ti setup and I primarily have built my PCs to play the Battlefield series at high resolutions and max detail (I am a very longtime BF fan, even before it came to consoles). Not having SLI at launch was a bit of a surprise being that BF was always a series you could rely on for this, although with BF1 I seem to remember having to wait a bit too. I realize that getting RTX working was priority, but now that it and DLSS seems to be stabilized, can we at least get an ETA or a solid yes or no whether we will see SLI or DX12 mGPU in BFV?

My single card actually does a decent job of maintaining 4k 60fps and that is likely due to the great optimization this game has, however my use case is now 98fps 4k...
  • FiftyFour7250
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 24
    I can't enable DLSS in Battlefield V

RTX 2080 TI
    I9-9900K (4.2mhz)
    Monitor - 3440x1440, 115ghz, with G-Sync
    Windows 10 pro x64 1809

Screenshot inactive button - https://imgur.com/a/nwi7tLl

I have the latest version of GameReadyDriver installed, I also tried to enable DLSS with CreatorReadyDriver, but the button is also inactive.

But when DLSS appeared in Battlefield 5 - I could enable DLSS, it did the picture bad (as if lowering resolution), but it was included.

Also I was told that the problem may be in the version of NGX, but now I have the latest version - 1.2.14.115 on GameReadyDriver (and 1.2.14.120 on CreatorReadyDriver)

Help please...
  • RayD_O1
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Takiflak wrote: »
    Hello, I see this post includes the term "SLI issues" and while I realize this is meant for people using the workaround (which to my knowledge disables weather effects, if it does not then please correct me), I would like to add to the discussion that we are still waiting for official SLI support from Dice.

I have a dual 1080ti setup and I primarily have built my PCs to play the Battlefield series at high resolutions and max detail (I am a very longtime BF fan, even before it came to consoles). Not having SLI at launch was a bit of a surprise being that BF was always a series you could rely on for this, although with BF1 I seem to remember having to wait a bit too. I realize that getting RTX working was priority, but now that it and DLSS seems to be stabilized, can we at least get an ETA or a solid yes or no whether we will see SLI or DX12 mGPU in BFV?

My single card actually does a decent job of maintaining 4k 60fps and that is likely due to the great optimization this game has, however my use case is now 98fps 4k...

Yes Dice should be able to tell us if we will get SLI support for BFV and an ETA.