[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• RichardMH
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same with me DLSS is locked but RTX is ON, with 2080Ti
  • wantmuhlullipop
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have them both enabled at the moment and no DLSS.
  • Mickelmore89
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's weird, but be glad.. many or maybe everyone who activates dlss can't start the game...
  • C4_AU
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have them both enabled at the moment and no DLSS.

same
  • N2h2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Providing info on your screen setting may explain a lot. Simply saying "DLSS is trash" won't help.

Do you understand what is DLSS ? How does it work?

If you're comparing framerate to 1080p ofc you'll see a decrease in FPS. If you're comparing it to 4K ultra settings, ofc you'll see a decrease in some areas texture quality but you'll gain some FPS.

It's about upscaling/downscaling. Simplifing the process as hell, you can say it's applying a better AA (x64 super sampling) on a QHD resolution to achieve about the same definition as a 4k with TAA.

It's not a miracle, it's probably as all technology overhyped and a lot misunderstood. But no, you won't have a better quality than a 4k with everything on very high, and you won't get better framerate than 1080p.

What you'll get is a better quality than 1080p and a better framerate than 4k. And you'll stay somewhere between both world without suffering too much from heavy loads on GPU.

It's really the most simple explaination I can provide in so much short time. befor claiming the technology is trash or decreasing framerate compared to 480p... have a look at how it work, that explain a lot.
  • Omenpapa
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same here, both dx12 and dxr are enabled. The patch actually is really nice tho, dxr optimalization is very noticable in my case.
  • N2h2
    Image scaling on 100%?

As DLSS is changing resolution to work, it's not compatible with other resolution than 100%.

Did you try to put your resolution to 100% apply then reboot?
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, they have said that you will get tesame performance simular like dxr off but with a frameloss of arround 5 fps? Mine went down with 30 on 1440p. Im complaining about performance, not about some graphical bugs! It stutters like hell, dlss off runs better but with even lower fps!
  • Omenpapa
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The option says dlss requires "GPU-intensive resolution". Which resolution do you guys have with the problem? I got 1080p..maybe it is only usable for 1440p /4k ?
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I even got the feeling there it is causing input lag!
  • 21_Anarchy_21
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think you need to turn TAA OFF
    TO Enable DLSS ON
  • N2h2
    Well, I can't tell you. for moment, I just changed setting to activate it. Since, the game is alway crashing when entering main menu? DLSS related issue or simply an other part of the engine broken?

Still I'm not able for moment to try it, even starting the game.
  • coliban
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    same here, rtx 2080, dx12, dxr on and locked dss with NO select
    Post edited by coliban on
  • 3dmark3r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey I wanted to try the new DLSS feature (RTX 2070)
    after i turned it on the game crashes to desktop
    so now i can not start the game without a crash

how can I fix that ?
  • N2h2
    edited February 2019
    Same issue here with an ASUS 2070 strix.

I just used geforce experience to reset graph parameters.
    Actually seems this option is bugged on my rig (I4790k at 4.5GHZ, 16GB hyperX ram, Asus strix 2070RTX, Win 10 X64 pro up to date, last Nvidia driver 418.80).

Let see if a fix coming.
  • L0rdDiablo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same happens to me, DLSS is locked with dxr on
  • DrDrade
    Well after 2 hours testing im turning it off. Really dissapointed, really liking the effects but i cant stand the huge stutter/fps drops that happens every 5-10 secs!
  • DrDrade
    1440p rtx 2080 but no improvement, abit more fps with dlss on but the performance is taking massive hits..... Huge fps drops/stutter every 5-10 secs. Its unplayable for me
  • wantmuhlullipop
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DLSS is not available in 1080P. Enabling DSR 4x allows DLSS with 4k resolution.
  • Criti-Choco
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Think you need to turn TAA OFF
    TO Enable DLSS ON

TAA is forced off when dlss is on.

You do need to have your native resolution however.