[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• ChewGoat
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Those huge pauses exist even without dlss
    DLSS is not available in 1080P. Enabling DSR 4x allows DLSS with 4k resolution.

seems to be working here at 1080p with rtx2060, only thing i changed was windowless to fullscreen.

update played 1 game went back to main menu and ctd screw dx12 ............ oh was there fps increase i guess but with all the stutter and fps all over the place bah.
  • 3dmark3r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thats a bummer
  • UpTheIronzzz
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it does work on any resol;ution but its buggy , i had it enabled then i disabled it to see the image quality and now its locked 2080 TI here
  • TwinTurbo95
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here! RTX 2080. Game will not open now. I've tried a ton of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as well. I went in config file and disabled DLSS, DXR, and even DX12. Can't get the game to launch now. I'm gonna try a reinstall of BF5, but somehow I don't think thats gonna fix it. F'n clowns!
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same problem, dlss are lock
  • Omenpapa
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it does work on any resol;ution but its buggy , i had it enabled then i disabled it to see the image quality and now its locked 2080 TI here

That's good to hear, that 1080p is also supported. I guess we have to wait for a hotfix then.
  • UpTheIronzzz
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    its just a buggy implementation of DLSS probably an early build of it , it has the advantages and disadvantages , i think the advantages are better than the disadvantages , it does stutter and fps drop which i think it's a bug in the implementation , however the 20fps increase is well worth it , i think next patch will give us a better implementation , i do think dice rushed into the dlss to please nvidia

and to note it was working with me with 2k resolution , but i enabled and disabled it 2k resolution is locked grey now , i can only activate it using 4k resolution which says dice didn't test it well and the whole implementation is buggy and messy
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the heads up guys, I'm downloading the patch now.
  • Criti-Choco
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Letsep wrote: »

are you in fullscreen at your native resolution?
  • Hirezsuicide
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 2080 running a 1440p ultrawide monitor. I can highlight both DLSS and DXR in the settings however it the game crashes on launch. Its possible to put your settings back using geforce experience. I will give the game a run tomorrow with only DXR enabled and see if the game still crashes. I did read before that DLSS is only possible above 1080 settings.
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Letsep wrote: »

are you in fullscreen at your native resolution?

yes
  • Hirezsuicide
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am running a 2080 and I am able to turn on both DLSS and DXR however once restarting to relaunch after changes the game crashes on launch. I remember reading that DLSS in only usable on 1440 and 4K monitors and not usable on 1080. Unsure if this is true but that may explain when you cant select DLSS
  • Blackkiller705
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    yup same thing here with an rtx 2080 egpu, 417.71 drivers
  • Prasak
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New drivers are up
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is happening to me now since i got the new driver hahaha:D
  • HEAD_Friket
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Installed New nvidia driver, it just released. Now it is working 👍
  • llHULK
    Same here. The game crashes immediately whenever I turn on DLSS and it won't open anymore. This is so ridiculous! (RTX 2080 here)
  • Omenpapa
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was hoping maybe the new nvidia driver which was just released might help with this, since it is supporting bf 5's dlss among other things, but nope, dlss is still locked.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tried turning it on and no crashes so far. I'm on nvidia 417.75 drivers.
    Not that it is something you'd want on btw, makes the game look like dogcrap.
  • 3dmark3r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i still get a crash wit hthe driver update
This discussion has been closed.