Weekly BF

[Megathread] SLI and DLSS issues

Comments

• Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys I got a new technology that'll improve your performance in BF V. Go to settings and turn off all graphic details and set everything to low.
    Voila, thats some 50+ free fps in an instant !
    Thank me later.
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys I got a new technology that'll improve your performance in BF V. Go to settings and turn off all graphic details and set everything to low.
    Voila, thats some 50+ free fps in an instant !
    Thank me later.

I tried it and i can tell you its not the fix:)
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same problem with rtx 2080 in 1080p
  • Letsep
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Installed New nvidia driver, it just released. Now it is working 👍

done, is not working
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone who has it working, how is the graphical fidelity? Does it disable TAA?
    I'm sure glitches will be fixed, but I'm curious if the technology improves aliasing and texture sharpness.
  • 1984rage
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nvidia released some new game drivers just now. Install and try it.
  • jcleary47
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something can't be right with Ray Tracing and DLSS. I'm running a 2080 Ti and 3440x1440 and I'm getting near 100 FPS in singleplayer missions. Is that performance correct, or is something weird going on with the game? I have everything set to ultra. I'm not complaining, it just seems weird the performance would be THAT improved - although the graphics do look a little odd, almost fuzzy?
  • Ghdetr
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Completely broken can't get into the main menu even anymore
  • Omenpapa
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1984rage wrote: »
    Nvidia released some new game drivers just now. Install and try it.

Tried it already as I mentioned it above, sadly no change.
  • Judge_Dredd_80
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Checked the new nVidia drivers from today, still looks very blurry with DLSS on, even in 4k :(
  • Judge_Dredd_80
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try enabling DSR (upscaling) in nVidia control panel. on my 1440p screen I had to go 2.25 to get to 4k.
    Thank u can choose higer res options in game. Once thats done, DLSS is available, looks very blurry though :(
  • coliban
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    dlss seems only work in few resolutions. 1440p or 4k works. If you have a 1080p monitor yo can try going to nvidia control panel, config 3D, select DSR option 1,78 and 4,00. At battlefield video options select 1440p or 4k resolution. Now you go to advanced and there is dlss activated.
  • Peakyblinder77
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im running dlss and dxr in medium and everything else in ultra on a 2070 @ 1440p and im getting between 80-90 fps and it looks great not blurry at all for me obvioulsy getting the stutters like everyone else but im assuming its this first release which will be patched, im impressed with image quality though on a side note msi afterburner overlay crashes the game now when i try to access it
  • w0wbattlefield
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Installed 418.91, scale 100% and.... DLSS dosent work still :(. Its greyed out.
  • llHULK
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I fixed it by enabling DX 12. It won't work on DX11.
  • Carbonic
    1545 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Make sure to download the GeForce 418.91 WHQL driver.
    If the game is still crashing you can reset your settings be renaming the settings folder in documents/battlefield v
    Lastly, for crashes etc. with this driver remember to fill out Nvidias feedback form about the driver on Nvidias website.
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just came on looking for the same thing. I've been away from the game for the last few weeks excited about the new co-op mode.. game was back to single gpu.. everytime I've tried to use JasonVP's tutorial it just reverts back. I'm guessing it's somehow related to efforts put forth to curb some of the cheating techniques, tho it could be just Dice incompetence.
  • shapes01
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am investigating along with others, It does appear as if it has been intentional as other known workarounds are also disabled or not scaling
  • bayes94
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I wasnt even sure if my sli was helping, it was on by default. After this patch I know for a fact it made a big impact and I want it back. I have also tried to work around it, but nothing works. If this is intentional they better have a very very good reason.

Is this the sort of thing they will ignore? Im getting annoyed just thinking about it.
  • Phobi666
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • Activated dlss and it was blurry as hell
    • The map ended and I got a crash to desktop
    • updated to latest driver 418.91
    • Can't start the game anymore and get constant crashes
    RTX 2080 here