I don't think this player base even knows what it wants lol

M_Rat13
773 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Playerbase: "Do X Dice"
Dice: *Does X*
Player base: "Actually Dice, we want Y instead, the thing we had before that we complained about"
Dice: ???

I'm surprised Dice even listens to the player base anymore, lol.

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you give an example?
  • M_Rat13
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you give an example?

The recent patch which made the 20mm gun on light tanks not able to solo kill heavy tanks anymore. People said it annoyed them, Dice changed it, yet today I've seen a thread telling Dice the changes were terrible. And that's just a recent example.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1375 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Can you give an example?

The recent patch which made the 20mm gun on light tanks not able to solo kill heavy tanks anymore. People said it annoyed them, Dice changed it, yet today I've seen a thread telling Dice the changes were terrible. And that's just a recent example.

Yeah, but those were small potatoes complaints. Everyone is going to complain about something. The big issues were netcode not fixed, visibility not fixed, and the the combined arms mode could have been done a lot better. So, i think it's more the community wanting something, and DICE trying, but not providing.
  • spartanx169x
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But also like The TTK debacle, the playerbase has several smaller subgroups. That often conflict with each other. This is why DICE should provide more game types. a casual/classic mode with spotting / full health regen/full ammo and quicker revives for casual players , then a hardcore mode for the opposite group. More content in the form of more game types is not a bad thing it keeps people playing. They will not continue to play game types if they are not having fun. It’s better to have a casual playing a casual gametype than they not play at all
  • TFBisquit
    1081 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a casual player and find it hard to play against the pros in this game. So I can relate yeah.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We all want new/more maps though. We can agree on that.
  • FragbaitDax
    154 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We all want new/more maps though. We can agree on that.

Just to be contrary, I disagree. Or rather, not till playability issues are fixed. I actually like and enjoy all the current maps as they present different challenges and opportunities for me to play in different ways.

That said, once the main issues are resolved I will welcome some new terrain to get killed on!
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Somebody sucking up to DICE now lol, guess that threat had an affect on you, rat :)
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Well, because DICE don't know what the"community" wants, and you know why? THIS is why........

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq8vjl/discussion_bfv_chapter_2_lightning_strikes_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq5hzf/focused_feedback_visibility/

Try reading thru all that muck. They're not listening to the community. They're listening to REDDIT !!! I have mind to give them a piece of my mind RIGHT NOW.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    313 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playerbase: "Please, Give us more maps"
    Dice: *Zzz*
  • DevilsBathtub
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you sure they adgust stuff by comments?
    Maybe their going by stats?

• M_Rat13
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    Somebody sucking up to DICE now lol, guess that threat had an affect on you, rat :)

The only reason I made that thread about the Stug IV was becuase even I can only take so much. Maybe I'm just a very lenient guy.

On a side note though, I still can't wrap my head around how the Stug IV design was allowed pass the drawing board. A TD, with that small of a gun! Gimme a break Dice. All you needed to do was look at your creation, to realize it looked stupid with that peashooter on the front.

What were we discussing again?
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, because DICE don't know what the"community" wants, and you know why? THIS is why........

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq8vjl/discussion_bfv_chapter_2_lightning_strikes_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq5hzf/focused_feedback_visibility/

Try reading thru all that muck. They're not listening to the community. They're listening to REDDIT !!! I have mind to give them a piece of my mind RIGHT NOW.

I don’t understand. Are the people on Reddit not part of the community?

Also, after just quickly scanning through the comments it seems like a lot of complaints you see here.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1762 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I know what I want. Spotting.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Also, after just quickly scanning through the comments it seems like a lot of complaints you see here.

I second!!
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Well no. It's only a hair fraction of who buys this game (2k posters out 7 million sales). I actually think the greatest and largest by far part of the community, are folks at home playing the game, who don't post on forums.

How do we know what their complaints are? Most by far don't post on forums about their games, not here or there.

There has to be a way to gauge folks at home, with in depth surveys, and questions such as this whenever they release these updates. In so we can get a better gauge of what the fella who plays an hour a day after work may thing, as compared to someone on reddit or here, that plays 8 hours a day.

Of course, those two opinions could be vastly different, and likely are. And another difference being, there's a hell of a lot more than them, than at Reddit. And so, the answer is no, and probably why we're in the mess we're in.
  • Astr0damus
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14