Does the VGO offer anything the other MMGs don't?

M_Rat13
449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm just curious, becuase looking at reviews of the weapon, you can either make a worse version of the 1200 rpm MG42, or a worse version of the 900 rpm M1922, that also lights up like a Christmas tree (becuase no flashless propellant). While I am one of the few fans of MMGs, I just can't see any reason to get the VGO with CC, now that we can finally buy it again.

Opinions?

Comments

• M_Rat13
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently no one even uses the VGO lol.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't have it but I can't imagine it's better than the 1922.
  • KebabiMeister
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VGO is my favourite MMG. I find it more stable and more accurate at range than the MG42. However, the recent bipod deploy update is preventing it to deploy correctly.
  • dayglowfroggy
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it as a faster ttk Lewis that you have to lay down to shoot.
    not been playing with the Lewis much for the last two weeks but when I do and eventually get annoyed with the slow rate of fire I switch to the vgo.
  • s1sscottishlobo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VGO is my favourite MMG. I find it more stable and more accurate at range than the MG42. However, the recent bipod deploy update is preventing it to deploy correctly.

I also noticed the bipod works worse on the VGO than any other mmg, still doesn't work great but I stuck with till level 10 then switched.
  • thebossman2202
    351 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It has a satisfying reload time and Feels good to use
  • Dr_X2345
    744 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think one of the Amin things going for it is a very nice reload time for an MMag - also the hipfire is better than the MG34 at least for me, I haven't got the MG42.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Because it looks like a gun a circus clown would use.
  • crapjon
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15

IIRC, it looks goofy because it was originally designed to be mounted on an aircraft. My memory is clogged with malted hops and bong resin though.
  • Dr_X2345
    744 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crapjon wrote: »

IIRC, it looks goofy because it was originally designed to be mounted on an aircraft. My memory is clogged with malted hops and bong resin though.

Yeah, pretty sure it was adapted from aircraft auxiliary weapons.
  • Qwagm1re
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I also noticed the bipod works worse on the VGO than any other mmg, still doesn't work great but I stuck with till level 10 then switched.

Lay on your back
  • CHEFARZT1
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Qwagm1re wrote: »

Lay on your back

No dinner first?

• s1sscottishlobo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Qwagm1re wrote: »

Lay on your back

Kinda hard if your using sandbags to mount on, LMAO that would be WAY worse.
  • Sixclicks
    5048 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use it. I've got the rate of fire upgrade. It's very easy to control. Plus I haven't bought the new MMG yet.