Frag rifle nerf didn't work

M_Rat13
449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
People are now just aiming it at people's feet, so it bounces into them, which kills them.

So then, what do we do about it?

Comments

• N2h2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    deal with it and stop complaining?

I admit this gameplay is cheap, but TBH, i really feel there are more important things to fix actually.
  • M_Rat13
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    N2h2 wrote: »
    deal with it and stop complaining?

I admit this gameplay is cheap, but TBH, i really feel there are more important things to fix actually.

But Dice implemented a change that now has zero effect on the game. Why even bother making the change in the first place?
  • ZombieGent
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    People are now just aiming it at people's feet, so it bounces into them, which kills them.

So then, what do we do about it?

You pretty much have to get a direct hit to frag anyone, id say its nerfed enough
  • Noodlesocks
    2050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know why they didn't just do it like the rifle grenades in BF1 instead of having to fiddle with it constantly in BF5.
  • rockin_master
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    It used to be that if a player used a GL like a shotgun at point blank range both players died. That was the major complaint about BFV, a player doing this wasn't self punished. They just run away to do it to someone else. Then run to the nearest depot to stock up and start again. The PIAT has the same dent headed game mechanic.

This game was and is designed to play "cheap" like this. That's why they won't change it. Now we have bouncy grenades like quake I and the cheap touch kills that don't harm the player using this tactic.

Nice "fix".

I've been told they laugh about this type of stuff in the back offices, I don't really doubt that anymore.
  • M_Rat13
    It used to be that if a player used a GL like a shotgun at point blank range both players died. That was the major complaint about BFV, a player doing this wasn't self punished. They just run away to do it to someone else. Then run to the nearest depot to stock up and start again. The PIAT has the same dent headed game mechanic.

This game was and is designed to play "cheap" like this. That's why they won't change it. Now we have bouncy grenades like quake I and the cheap touch kills that don't harm the player using this tactic.

Nice "fix".

I've been told they laugh about this type of stuff in the back offices, I don't really doubt that anymore.

It is pretty strange the explosion doesn't kill the player using the frag rifle/PIAT too.