Visibility "issue"

«1
xcioxcio
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 14
I think the new patch totally ruined Battlefield V. Fixing the "visibility issue" that was never an issue was last hit for me. Other players thus you are extremely visible and easy to spot there is no hiding and sneaking around in the game anymore. I have played battlefield since BF2 and been a premium user since it was possible. Battlefield 1 and V have been the last hit. Making the game so freaking easy and boring to play wont please anyone. Why, just why do you guys have to make this game so boring. BF V was ok. But with the latest patch you have made it even worse.

>>>HOX EDIT: player tag; Pest174 said it well
"The adjustments made friendly players darker, and enemy players render a little better at a distance. Emphasis on distance. Everything else is just about the same at close proximity."

Aka. The problem of people MMG camping in shadows is still a thing and a problem. While players at longer distances appear much more visible. Problem isn't solved. Just maid even worse(on my opinion)

Some players have complained enemy players even disappearing for a bit. Any experiences about that issue for others?
Post edited by xcioxcio on

Comments

  • youngblood253
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ill agree it seems to me that they are going out of there way to **** people off.I think the developers forgot that people play this for fun not for real life settings
  • xcioxcio
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ill agree it seems to me that they are going out of there way to **** people off.I think the developers forgot that people play this for fun not for real life settings

    Right! Challenging and entertaining is the way to go. If the developers focused little more on the core community and not to players who tried it once and sucked at it, we could actually have a decent game. Bf2, bfbc2, bf3+4 were great freaking games. Challenging yet "attainable". What happened??
  • ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Odd, my visibility is way worse.. cant see anything. :-)
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well i played few hours since patch and i didn't notice any change...
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think fixing the visibility is simply recognize the soldier uniforms. Before all uniforms in middle to long range looked exactly the same, now you can actually see colors and details, which is nice.
  • NLBartmaN
    3057 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility is perfect for me right now.
    Great improvement.
  • scienceteacher74
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    I think the new patch totally ruined Battlefield V. Fixing the "visibility issue" that was never an issue was last hit for me. Other players thus you are extremely visible and easy to spot there is no hiding and sneaking around in the game anymore. I have played battlefield since BF2 and been a premium user since it was possible. Battlefield 1 and V have been the last hit. Making the game so freaking easy and boring to play wont please anyone. Why, just why do you guys have to make this game so boring. BF V was ok. But with the latest patch you have made it even worse.

    Aww, you can't lay down and camp anymore to farm cheap kills. Boohoo. Cry me a river
  • g0merpile
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    No issues here. I wear glasses LOL
  • xcioxcio
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    I think the new patch totally ruined Battlefield V. Fixing the "visibility issue" that was never an issue was last hit for me. Other players thus you are extremely visible and easy to spot there is no hiding and sneaking around in the game anymore. I have played battlefield since BF2 and been a premium user since it was possible. Battlefield 1 and V have been the last hit. Making the game so freaking easy and boring to play wont please anyone. Why, just why do you guys have to make this game so boring. BF V was ok. But with the latest patch you have made it even worse.

    Aww, you can't lay down and camp anymore to farm cheap kills. Boohoo. Cry me a river

    Very mature. However, the "cheap kills" are even cheaper now, since the other players are so easy to spot even from their camping spots. Also genius. Snipers etc things you call "cheap" are part of the game and warfare. If you can't handle it, maybe you should go play CoD where the children run around with snipers to do "cool trick kill". Or switch to racing games? Everybody is moving there :smile:
  • xcioxcio
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think fixing the visibility is simply recognize the soldier uniforms. Before all uniforms in middle to long range looked exactly the same, now you can actually see colors and details, which is nice.

    Appreciate your opinion and appropriate comment. It's nice some people still know how to have a creative conversation. I agree with the fact that they looked the same from further distances, and is nice to see the difference now. However, when I played after the patch. The other players seemed a little "glowing" I should say and made spotting them quite easy(obv. Hard to say how I look myself). And from close range the visibility is almost the same as before. Wasn't this the "issue" in the first place? That people go in the dark corners and literally disappear.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    I think the new patch totally ruined Battlefield V. Fixing the "visibility issue" that was never an issue was last hit for me. Other players thus you are extremely visible and easy to spot there is no hiding and sneaking around in the game anymore. I have played battlefield since BF2 and been a premium user since it was possible. Battlefield 1 and V have been the last hit. Making the game so freaking easy and boring to play wont please anyone. Why, just why do you guys have to make this game so boring. BF V was ok. But with the latest patch you have made it even worse.

    Aww, you can't lay down and camp anymore to farm cheap kills. Boohoo. Cry me a river

    Very mature. However, the "cheap kills" are even cheaper now, since the other players are so easy to spot even from their camping spots. Also genius. Snipers etc things you call "cheap" are part of the game and warfare. If you can't handle it, maybe you should go play CoD where the children run around with snipers to do "cool trick kill". Or switch to racing games? Everybody is moving there :smile:

    I played 5 rounds last night and as a recon working on an assignment, I was scoping out on fjell and saw an enemy sniper who had not seen me yet.

    We were about 130 meters away from each other after I scope spotted him to get distance.

    He did not stick out like a sore thumb, but I could tell that it was not just another rock in the field, there was a sniper in front of it.

    I dont call those cheap kills, if you've got the patience to wait in a spot, God bless you in all honesty I dont.

    After our little sniper shootout which he ended up killing me and i got assist counts as a kill, I switched back to assault.

    As I went under the bridge, I could see enemies up against rocks, I could see them clearly enough to know they were there but, again, they didn't stick out.

    They only killed me because they had the drop on me.

    Every match of the 5 I played I was ahead in kills by a few, maybe 3 or 4 at the most each round.

    My deaths didn't feel like they were coming from a near impossible to see enemy.

    Same with devastation, I could see them better even if they had the drop on me, I could tell they were there and I knew I was going to die because I was either rushing or not able to aim quick enough on them, but I could see so much better than before.

    Probably the best night of matches I had since I started.

    Good luck out there and stay alive on the battlefield.
  • xcioxcio
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    I think the new patch totally ruined Battlefield V. Fixing the "visibility issue" that was never an issue was last hit for me. Other players thus you are extremely visible and easy to spot there is no hiding and sneaking around in the game anymore. I have played battlefield since BF2 and been a premium user since it was possible. Battlefield 1 and V have been the last hit. Making the game so freaking easy and boring to play wont please anyone. Why, just why do you guys have to make this game so boring. BF V was ok. But with the latest patch you have made it even worse.

    Aww, you can't lay down and camp anymore to farm cheap kills. Boohoo. Cry me a river

    Very mature. However, the "cheap kills" are even cheaper now, since the other players are so easy to spot even from their camping spots. Also genius. Snipers etc things you call "cheap" are part of the game and warfare. If you can't handle it, maybe you should go play CoD where the children run around with snipers to do "cool trick kill". Or switch to racing games? Everybody is moving there :smile:

    I played 5 rounds last night and as a recon working on an assignment, I was scoping out on fjell and saw an enemy sniper who had not seen me yet.

    We were about 130 meters away from each other after I scope spotted him to get distance.

    He did not stick out like a sore thumb, but I could tell that it was not just another rock in the field, there was a sniper in front of it.

    I dont call those cheap kills, if you've got the patience to wait in a spot, God bless you in all honesty I dont.

    After our little sniper shootout which he ended up killing me and i got assist counts as a kill, I switched back to assault.

    As I went under the bridge, I could see enemies up against rocks, I could see them clearly enough to know they were there but, again, they didn't stick out.

    They only killed me because they had the drop on me.

    Every match of the 5 I played I was ahead in kills by a few, maybe 3 or 4 at the most each round.

    My deaths didn't feel like they were coming from a near impossible to see enemy.

    Same with devastation, I could see them better even if they had the drop on me, I could tell they were there and I knew I was going to die because I was either rushing or not able to aim quick enough on them, but I could see so much better than before.

    Probably the best night of matches I had since I started.

    Good luck out there and stay alive on the battlefield.

    Thank you for your comment. I honestly can't say about the two maps that had the main issue, since they did not appear on the rotation for me yesterday. However, the maps that had the visibility good already, like aerodrome( If I spelled it right). The players kind of "stick out like a sore thumb".
    I do have a "colorblind" setting for the game tho. It should only effect the flag colors etc. But who knows. ( I have a slight red green color blindness. Some shades I can see and tell apart and some I can't).
    I would appreciate if you reported back after playing with maps that didnt have so much of an issue with the visibility, and tell me your experiences again.

    Ps. I do stay behind our or enemy line mostly as a sniper. But I do rank in top 2(points) every game with 30+kills and 30+ flags defended. (I play G-OP and breakthrough). I dont just sit still and do nothing. That would be insanely boring.

    Thank you for your post. Much appreciated
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What settings do I need to use to benefit from these changes because mine still looks the same as pre patch if not a little darker.
  • xcioxcio
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    What settings do I need to use to benefit from these changes because mine still looks the same as pre patch if not a little darker.

    Quite certain you are being sarcastic, but I'll answer regardless. My brightness is super high,other than that, normal . I recommend it.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Less campers is good for the game. Campfield V is no fun.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see enemies. But it's not good enough.

    You see I had deaths in BF4, BFH and BF1 from enemy's I never saw. It was always annoying but the majority of the time it was my fault.

    Bottom line is it didn't happen often enough in those titles to negatively affect the experience.

    It happens often enough in BFV to ruin the experience, for me. Especially considering I'm a solo player.

    I'm not complaining, just continuing to stick with the group of Battlefield players not playing and standing on the sidelines till you really make an effort to fix things Dice.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    No hiding you say? Thank **** for that.

    Non-campers rejoice!
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xcioxcio wrote: »
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    What settings do I need to use to benefit from these changes because mine still looks the same as pre patch if not a little darker.

    Quite certain you are being sarcastic, but I'll answer regardless. My brightness is super high,other than that, normal . I recommend it.

    Seriously lol, I run on mostly low settings with really high brightness and it looks no different to me after the patch.
  • herodes87
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still don't see the enemy 1 Meter in Front of me when He is prone Sometimes.

    Even Rising Storm 2 has better visibility.
  • bran1986
    5601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Less campers is good for the game. Campfield V is no fun.

    Exactly
Sign In or Register to comment.