2/12/2019 Battlefield 5 Update V1.09 (PC) Crashes RTX/DLSS

Bozniii
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
EA/Dice,

Ever since the recent update from NVidia's lastest RTX driver support DLSS. After enabling DX12/DXR ON & DLSS option with graphics to Ultra on Auto. GPU restriction is set to off.
The game works for a few minutes and then dashboards/crashes to desktop or when initial loading begins upon entering a server. Its a hit or miss sometimes to get into a game or even when it does crash, relaunching it just doesn't seem to work.
Restarting Origin/or even my PC does do the trick to get back into the main menu. When I do its a rinse and repeat situation. The game tends to hiccup on a frame during game play. You will see a slight frame jump when using the scope or even while running. While playing not even for 5-10 mins the game just quits to the desktop.

My Specs:
pecs:
Intel (R) Core(TM)i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8GHz OC 1.35V
ASUS Z370 ROG STRIX Motherboard
Thermaltake Watercooled 3.0 360 Radiator RGB Edition
Thermaltake View 71 RGB Tampered Glass
Trident Z G-Skill Memory 32 Gigabytes RAM XMP Profile (3000MHZ) 1.35V
MSI GEFORCE RTX 2080 TRIO GPU (Standard Profile)
EVGA 650WATT Supernova G3 PSU
Samsung 250GB Pro M.2 SSD
2TB Toshiba Blue Harddrive 7200RPMs
1TB Western Digital USB 3.0 External Drive

Side Monitors:
ASUS (2) MG248 [email protected] Freesync Panel

Main Gaming Display:
ASUS ROG PG278QR (NVidia GYNC) 165HZ Panel

Has anyone experienced any forced desktop crashes during load times?
How can I fix the issue?

Upon playing single campaign mode. Noticeable FPS improvements. 80-100 FPS RTX/DLSS Enabled ULTRA Settings.
Same with online but now I need to single out the problem of why it crashes on me..........

Comments

• BadBudgieSmuggla
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Check you cpu usage and temps. I think the patch has broken the game with RT and dlss on at least. i'm getting bsod nd usage of 100% with temps in the 90's which then crashes my pc. This on an 8700k
  • BiaLos
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting the exact crashes.

I'm on 2080TI newest nvidia drivers 418.91. With DX12/RTX/DLSS enabled.

Did not have any issues prior to patch/driver updates.

System:

i7 8086k/32gb @ 3600/z370 asus formula/2080TI

Initially game will load into server, but it takes only seconds after for it to crash to desktop once in game. Reloading the game simply causes it to crash, have to run repair through origin or restart pc.
  • Pecone
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The same thing. The latest patch broke the game completely on DX 12. Crashes within 5 min...always!

My Specs:

MB: Asus Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero WI-FI AC
    CPU: Intel Core I7 8700K (4.8Ghz All Cores)
    Video: EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 418.91
    Memory: Corsair Vengence 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    Monitor: Dell Gaming S2716DG with Gsync 27.0"
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 750 W
    HDD: Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB; ADATA Ultimate SU800 SSD 512GB
  • Squizzy326
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant even get back to the options page to turn the damm stuff off crashed on the loading screen every time.. Trying a repair as somone else suggested then turning it off I HOPE.. Thanks dice for crap
  • OverdosedAgain
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This might be the most not ready for release of a game in EA history. 6 months later and problems still exist left and right.
  • N3RO645
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    after the dlss update, and driver, i cant get the game to run, im running a rtx 2080, i9-9900k 32gbs ram, nver had a problem till this update,
  • N3RO645
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    and for the record it seams the repair function isn't working either
  • DaSeanston
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, same here. i7 4770K, 32GB DDR3, RTX2080 (EVGA). Game booted fine until I enabled DXR and DLSS. Crash at initial loading screen, PC reset, make it into game, try out campaign to take a benchmark, quit campaign; crash. Reboot again; crash at initial loading screen.
  • MaxPower1133
    3 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getting the same crashes. Once it crashes the game will not load past the splash screen, just crashes back to the desktop and of course no error message. I have to quit trying for 5-10 minutes to even get past the splash screen, but it eventually crashes again. i7 4790K OC'd to 4.5 GHz, 32 GB ram OC'd to 2400 MHz, and RTX 2080. Never had a problem until last update. Hopefully can try DX11 after work today...
  • chain3034
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. Crashing sometimes after playing a 20min, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes even in the menu. Did not play once without crash.
    i7 8700k, 32gb, gtx 2080
  • watofit2
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting crashes too. 4790k, 16gb 2133 ram, 2070. DLSS looks like blurry garbage, so I'm just going to stick to RTX off for now. It looks good, but I barely notice it when I'm actually playing anyways.
  • Dogness
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Same here.
    With the latest game patch, I was able to login to the game and play. I updated my settings to DXR enabled and DLSS enabled.
    Everything was fine.
    Then, I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers that were released yesterday.
    Now, I cannot launch the game. It will get to the splash screen, then CTD.

Found this in Event Viewer:
    Error.png
  • Dogness
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good news. I found a workaround that works for me.

The problem appears to be with DLSS.

You can manually disable it by doing the following:
    1. Exit BFV
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battlefield V\settings
    4. Edit the file PROFSAVE_profile
    5. Find the line that looks like this: GstRender.DLSSEnabled 1
    6. Changed that line to look like this: GstRender.DLSSEnabled 0
    7. Launch BFV.
  • Krampfader123
    Same here. I got my 2080Ti just a few days ago, so i dont know if its the patch. However the game always crashes to desktop after 15-30 minutes. I think it is DX12 or DXR, dont get crashes with DX11 and i dont have DLSS (2080ti, 1440p monitor, no dlss support)
  • ZosoDerGoldene
    Same here, Asus ROC RTX 2080, i7 4770k, 16G Ram, temps in the 50s. Exception Code says 0x887a0006. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/direct3ddxgi/dxgi-error says: "The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."
    Not sure whether turning off DLSS fixes it, but it reduces the frequency at least. Might want to try setting GPU restriction to ON, but as it says "failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application", I don't think it's going to make a difference.
  • MaxPower1133
    3 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played for 2 hours last night in DX11, not a single problem the entire time.
  • FoxHoundLord
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played for 2 hours last night in DX11, not a single problem the entire time.

Doesn't RTX and DLSS get disabled on DX11?