Dear EA/Dice

g0merpile
497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
You have no right to tamper with other peoples files permissions without our permissions to do so. There are plenty of users here that have experienced this issue, tampering of file write access. EA is in violation of privacy laws doing this tampering without our knowledge of doing so. I will be seeking proper elicitation concerning our privacy.

Comments

• Sk1lld
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you didn't click the "I Agree" button when you installed this game?
    I'm confused.
  • g0merpile
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    So you didn't click the "I Agree" button when you installed this game?
    I'm confused.

With all updates we need to be informed to these terms and changes. In the privacy policy Choices and controls. Ea has no right to change system files with out information of these changes. These actions fall in the law tampering with files without permission. These files do not belong to EA they belong to Nvidia. I did not ever give EA rights to tamper with my system Driver files.
  • DigitalHype
    705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tell us g0merpile. Which system driver files did they change? I have a guess. But, go ahead and list them for us.
  • IAM4D7
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One could always reach out to a gaming social media channel, such as IGN. This whole fiasco could be quite interesting to their authors. Perhaps a little heat will get us an official response more quickly.

https://corp.ign.com/contact
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tell us g0merpile. Which system driver files did they change? I have a guess. But, go ahead and list them for us.

Isn't it hilarious when someone gets their own self into trouble?
  • Micas99
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is this about the LOD exploit?
  • RichardSinerface
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its clearly about some sort of exploit. Nobody else complaining that EA changed files on them. Nobody else needs to change files. Just cheaters. So please go on and explain which file YOU modified that required EA to change it back.

We are waiting. Once we know that I'm sure someone can help you out.

• tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its clearly about some sort of exploit. Nobody else complaining that EA changed files on them. Nobody else needs to change files. Just cheaters. So please go on and explain which file YOU modified that required EA to change it back.

We are waiting. Once we know that I'm sure someone can help you out.

not necessarily true, as OP is referring to the way Dice are taking care of the LOD exploit by blocking the use of nvidia profile inspector (and also game specific changes in nvcp) which is how all of us with SLI were/are able to get SLI usage in game. It's the reason there's a SLI megathread stickied to the top of the subforum. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the specifics, but it's explained in the megathread by jasonvp pretty well. A lot of SLI users are pretty upset about, including myself.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s all gone awfully quiet here. Let us know how all that ‘proper elicitation’ goes. Must be hard having to play on a relatively level battlefield now.
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters being able to have the game looking like fortnite is bs, if sli had to go in the process im ok with it. Sli has never been officially supportet in the game anyway.
  • ShevermiN
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters being able to have the game looking like fortnite is bs, if sli had to go in the process im ok with it. Sli has never been officially supportet in the game anyway.

Every Battlefield since Bad Company has official sli support. At times there has been a delay in sli profiles following launch and or patches... But this is the longest sli users have had to wait for an official sli profile. The last nvidia patch had an sli profile for Anthem ???

People run sli because it's a cost effective way of supporting higher resolutions than 1080p and in the case of multi monitor setups that are officially supported and promoted by nvidia and dice it is essential to get good frame rates.

We are not all hacking the settings in fact I've had to play the game on med from launch just to keep the frames up on my rig 3440x1440 due the lack of sli.

Sli users have a valid complaint and the OP has a point in asking that dice inform us of the change in the patch notes at least.
  • TFBisquit
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being shortsighted has always been the case with battlefield players. But since the op mentioned nvidia, I too was under the impression he was talking about the lod exploit.
    The current sli problems seems more likely though.
  • Jezzzeh
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes. It would be interesting for the OP to try being a little more specific in this.

• TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Every Battlefield since Bad Company has official sli support. At times there has been a delay in sli profiles following launch and or patches... But this is the longest sli users have had to wait for an official sli profile. The last nvidia patch had an sli profile for Anthem ???

People run sli because it's a cost effective way of supporting higher resolutions than 1080p and in the case of multi monitor setups that are officially supported and promoted by nvidia and dice it is essential to get good frame rates.

We are not all hacking the settings in fact I've had to play the game on med from launch just to keep the frames up on my rig 3440x1440 due the lack of sli.

Sli users have a valid complaint and the OP has a point in asking that dice inform us of the change in the patch notes at least.

Sli in Battlefield v has no official support, if sli was officially supportet on previous BF games does not change that fact. Just because you could solve it with nvidia inspector does not make it more official. They might or might not support sli in the future.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good.
  • DigitalHype
    705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Is this about the LOD exploit?

Almost certainly, yes. Cheaters are getting so brazen.
  • Jezzzeh
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We banned a new member from our Group that got caught by whatever DICE are using. He admitted it to us that he was using a LOD exploit by jiggery pokering around in cfg files.

So at least whatever DICE is doing about this it's catching people out that abuse things.
  • tedrampart
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    We banned a new member from our Group that got caught by whatever DICE are using. He admitted it to us that he was using a LOD exploit by jiggery pokering around in cfg files.

So at least whatever DICE is doing about this it's catching people out that abuse things.

sadly it's also killing SLI usage.