Please fix the eplieptic flickering.

2»

Comments

  • NamelessForNow
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RichAC wrote: »
    I don' thave this issue at all with my 1070. Apparenlty its a ray tracing thing? Seems like new technology, I wouldn't be so quick to blame ea. Desktop pc's are a dying breed and you are lucky if suspend works properly with your windows 10. The hardware support is almost on par with linux nowadays lol.

    2080ti on DX11 and it happens to me
  • stabbinhobo
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wiiiggum wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    They don't test. We do that for them.
    By the end of the month they take a look at the nerfed weapons and if anybody is still playing with them. If not they overdone it, but if there are some they did alright. Or so they believe.
    The old and new bugs come to them by posts on reddit etc. youtubers and the likes.

    well they do actually test but no matter how much testing is done, things that appear after release dont always appear during testing. The public on all 3 platforms is a much broader base to find things/issues.

    -CB
    Are you honestly trying to say they tested it and didn't notice? It seems much more like it was noticed and ignored. It seems to have met the quality standards EA/DICE have for a retail product.

    Things dont always appear during testing and to think that they do is just asinine. I can think another issue that occurred once the game hit the public that didnt occur during testing aka the CC issue.

    -CB

    IMHO they are not doing much testing. That and I think they release the "updates" with a lot of known issues to boot as they'd rather push an update with known issues out the door than take the heat for a delay. Kinda like the Fight Club Recall Coordinator's Formula...

    [yt]


    :p
  • hud13
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I have a 1070gtx and i have this problem , it't not as prevalent now but it does still happen
  • TFBisquit
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has nothing to do with hardware, and nothing to do with os or dx version. I have it on DX11 and 12, on win10 pro and win7 pro.
    It's a bug from the last patch due to them fixing the lod exploit, with an unsuspected side effect.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with hardware, and nothing to do with os or dx version. I have it on DX11 and 12, on win10 pro and win7 pro.
    It's a bug from the last patch due to them fixing the lod exploit, with an unsuspected side effect.

    Then why have i never experienced this? I play conquest. win 10 home.
  • Mann68heim
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AMD RX580, Win10 with the same issue. I just ignore it by selecting "Deploy Overview".
  • OkeDoke
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same flicker isue since the Feb 2019 patch.
    Well my system inst even supposed to run BFV. I'm glad it does, and im very happy to see we have a team who is fixing/ delivering mods/ and is looking to the future. The flickering is a momentary hickup.
    Good things come to those who wait...
    Thankyou DICE.
    Win 10, 3770K 3.5Ghz, GTX1070 @1440P
  • TFBisquit
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RichAC wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with hardware, and nothing to do with os or dx version. I have it on DX11 and 12, on win10 pro and win7 pro.
    It's a bug from the last patch due to them fixing the lod exploit, with an unsuspected side effect.

    Then why have i never experienced this? I play conquest. win 10 home.

    Dice is in fact working on a fix, which will be implemented in the next patch.
    It’s official.
  • BFBulletin
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    The flicker issue will be fixed next week. I will tell you when the hotfix (patch) has passed the certification, but the release date must be announced in the official channels first.

  • Dynamyte71
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    They don't test. We do that for them.
    By the end of the month they take a look at the nerfed weapons and if anybody is still playing with them. If not they overdone it, but if there are some they did alright. Or so they believe.
    The old and new bugs come to them by posts on reddit etc. youtubers and the likes.

    well they do actually test but no matter how much testing is done, things that appear after release dont always appear during testing. The public on all 3 platforms is a much broader base to find things/issues.

    -CB

    They can’t even keep track of what changes were made in the last version. Have you played Fjell? They are back to the bomber spawn times previous to last patch. You can now jump in a bomber and get free kills by spamming the first two CPs outside the opposing spawn with an indiscriminate bombing run at the start of a match.
    You’re giving them too much credit.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its finally happened to me. Playing on devastation map. When squad mate is near a wall I guess the wall is clipping or something. Guess graphics card doesn't matter. Sure they will fix it soon.
  • Cropulus
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Finally it will be fixed shortly. I do not have epilepsy, but I feel really weird every time I see that screen, I switch to deploy as soon as I can...
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has been happening to me lately. Happens on most squad spawns.
  • HellzWind
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Worst bug ever.

    LOL :(
  • DesignFau1t
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the epilepsy. I find that after getting killed by a super bullet for the umpteenth time, the epilepsy kind of rounds off the battlefield experience quite nicely.
  • TFBisquit
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The cherry on the cake.
  • Pelliy
    1992 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wiiiggum wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »

    I think each patch requires sony/micorsoft certification on console. So it costs money. Surely a fix could be rolled out on Origin for pc players but it seems pretty clear it currently meets EA/Dice
    quality standards.

    eh, it does but calling BS on that one. They could work something out. They're a publisher. Spend the extra money to get the patch out. Why are they penny pinching for? Its freaking EA, not some indie studio.
  • Pelliy
    1992 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFBulletin wrote: »
    The flicker issue will be fixed next week. I will tell you when the hotfix (patch) has passed the certification, but the release date must be announced in the official channels first.


    gad to see its coming next week and not next month. the more ea can make me eat my words, the better. This is a live service afterall. Push updates as soon as they're ready.
  • BFBulletin
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    Just a heads up for you guys: The update has been postponed for next week now. DICE is still working on it.

  • DrunkOnRedWine
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFBulletin wrote: »
    Just a heads up for you guys: The update has been postponed for next week now. DICE is still working on it.


    Thanks for the info. Shame the squad spawn flickering is driving me mad
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!