BFV nvidia profile reset after every start of the game

X_Bischof_X
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Every start of BFV resets my nvidia BF5 program settings and i could not use gsync anymore.
This is since the latest patch and i have the newest nvidia driver installed.
Any help? I have massive stuttering now.

Comments

  • DukeSan27
    1262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every start of BFV resets my nvidia BF5 program settings and i could not use gsync anymore.
    This is since the latest patch and i have the newest nvidia driver installed.
    Any help? I have massive stuttering now.

    BFV now disables profiles changes now to stop cartoon mode LOD hacks.

    As a side effect SLI also does not work anymore, among other things.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3897 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    G-Sync does work as it works for me. SLI was never officially supported in BFV.

    -CB
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every start of BFV resets my nvidia BF5 program settings and i could not use gsync anymore.

    You should have GSync enabled globally, not per-game. As was already pointed out: the latest BF patch will reset all profile-specific changes to default each time the game is started.
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't SLI work during the BFV Beta .????
  • The_bad_Frag
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SLI is still working with a workaround.
  • der_buchhaIter
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wow, this is the next level xD
  • tedrampart
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    Didn't SLI work during the BFV Beta .????

    ya, nvidia stated that the lack of SLI is due to Dice's actions. It was working, then Dice stopped it from working (not sure specifically how), and left us having to use a different profile.. now they're hindering that, and state it was never supported.. while it wasn't supported, it wasn't blocked like they're trying now.. big difference between not supporting something and outright hindering it.
  • SovereignGS
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    It is truly amazing that Anthem, another Frostbite 3 title, fully supports SLI while BF5 will not... even though it works fine. As for a fix: marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.
    1. Run nvinspector and enable your SLI bits, save your changes.
    2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or yours may be C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.
    3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

    I know why they are doing this, but in my opinion their "solution" is a dirty quick fix that affects legitimate users of the software. There are other and unobtrusive ways they could fix this.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tedrampart wrote: »
    while it wasn't supported, it wasn't blocked like they're trying now.. big difference between not supporting something and outright hindering it.

    Personally, I'd prefer to try to keep the dialog open and accurate. Otherwise it makes us look like a bunch of whiners and cry-babies. So let's be careful in our selection of phrases:

      Dice isn't "blocking" SLI usage on purpose. They're not "outright hindering it" on purpose, either. Instead, they used a very clumsy approach to deal with the LOD cheaters in the game. In doing so, it also inadvertently prevents SLI. And that sucks.

        Yes, it would be much preferable if they'd just support SLI from the get-go. Or they could use a much less clumsy and invasive way to detect the LOD cheaters and deal with them. Both of these will take development effort though, and I suspect they felt "rushed" to deal with the cheaters. My gut tells me it'll be a while before we see true DX11 SLI support from them for this game. I'd be completely surprised, to be honest, if we ever do. I'm just not sure if the Frostbite engine, in its current form, can support SLI scaling AND the particle effects that the game is so full of (bleah). Getting both of those to work together in the game's present condition may just take way too much effort; I sincerely don't know.

          Either way, let's please make sure we're all saying the correct things here: Dice isn't actively preventing us from using SLI. They're attempting to actively deal with the LOD bias cheaters. Unfortunately, we're paying the price for that until we work around it. And obviously, if we've worked around it, so too have the cheaters. Count on it.
        1. tedrampart
          110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
          jasonvp wrote: »
          tedrampart wrote: »
          while it wasn't supported, it wasn't blocked like they're trying now.. big difference between not supporting something and outright hindering it.

          Personally, I'd prefer to try to keep the dialog open and accurate. Otherwise it makes us look like a bunch of whiners and cry-babies. So let's be careful in our selection of phrases:

            Dice isn't "blocking" SLI usage on purpose. They're not "outright hindering it" on purpose, either. Instead, they used a very clumsy approach to deal with the LOD cheaters in the game. In doing so, it also inadvertently prevents SLI. And that sucks.

              Yes, it would be much preferable if they'd just support SLI from the get-go. Or they could use a much less clumsy and invasive way to detect the LOD cheaters and deal with them. Both of these will take development effort though, and I suspect they felt "rushed" to deal with the cheaters. My gut tells me it'll be a while before we see true DX11 SLI support from them for this game. I'd be completely surprised, to be honest, if we ever do. I'm just not sure if the Frostbite engine, in its current form, can support SLI scaling AND the particle effects that the game is so full of (bleah). Getting both of those to work together in the game's present condition may just take way too much effort; I sincerely don't know.

                Either way, let's please make sure we're all saying the correct things here: Dice isn't actively preventing us from using SLI. They're attempting to actively deal with the LOD bias cheaters. Unfortunately, we're paying the price for that until we work around it. And obviously, if we've worked around it, so too have the cheaters. Count on it.

                I agree, and admit that in my frustration regarding this whole ordeal, I may have stated some inaccuracies. I think my frustration comes from lack of communication or them passing the buck to nvidia around the whole SLI situation (even before the LOD nonsense.) And probably also frustration over the general trend that SLI is a neglected/dying tech.. but that might just be buyers remorse more than anything :)

                  But thank you for rewording what I was trying to voice earlier, your wording was much better chosen. I agree wholeheartedly with your take on things. So again, thank you for being a voice of reason @jasonvp

                    I was also a bit frustrated feeling as tho SLI users were being unfairly lumped in with the LOD cheaters in all of this, both from Dice's approach to the problem, but also from some replies to some of the SLI threads that were happening.. which I think just really showcases how much of an affect cheaters have on the community. People be angry, and rightfully so!
                  1. AstraeusTheTitan
                    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
                    It is truly amazing that Anthem, another Frostbite 3 title, fully supports SLI while BF5 will not... even though it works fine. As for a fix: marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.
                    1. Run nvinspector and enable your SLI bits, save your changes.
                    2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or yours may be C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.
                    3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

                    I know why they are doing this, but in my opinion their "solution" is a dirty quick fix that affects legitimate users of the software. There are other and unobtrusive ways they could fix this.

                    Thanks, i will try this. I use a laptop, and "prefer max performance" keeps resetting to "optimal power" default meaning the gpu-m core load average keeps dropping in bfv to 'save' battery. Not helpful @DICE @F8RGE
                  2. IceAero
                    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
                    This 'ignoring profile' feature now means that I am FORCED to use GSYNC, when I definitely do not want to. No matter what I do (It's globally OFF, and disabled), the game starts up and turns GSYNC on.

                    WTF?
                  3. jasonvp
                    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
                    IceAero wrote: »
                    This 'ignoring profile' feature now means that I am FORCED to use GSYNC, when I definitely do not want to. No matter what I do (It's globally OFF, and disabled), the game starts up and turns GSYNC on.

                    No it doesn't. If you've turned it off in the NVCP on the GSync tab, then no game is going to magically turn it on.
                  4. TFBisquit
                    2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
                    ^^ --- This. And check if your monitor has a separate setting for enabling/disabling G-sync.
                  5. xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
                    3897 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
                    It is truly amazing that Anthem, another Frostbite 3 title, fully supports SLI while BF5 will not... even though it works fine. As for a fix: marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.
                    1. Run nvinspector and enable your SLI bits, save your changes.
                    2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or yours may be C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.
                    3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

                    I know why they are doing this, but in my opinion their "solution" is a dirty quick fix that affects legitimate users of the software. There are other and unobtrusive ways they could fix this.

                    Thanks, i will try this. I use a laptop, and "prefer max performance" keeps resetting to "optimal power" default meaning the gpu-m core load average keeps dropping in bfv to 'save' battery. Not helpful @DICE @F8RGE

                    Mine is set to "prefer max performance" and doesnt reset to "optimal performance" so I doubt it's the game doing it. It could also be the new drivers from Nvidia doing it as well. If it was the game, it would be doing it for all Nvidia users not just picking & choosing certain players.

                    -CB
                  6. AstraeusTheTitan
                    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
                    Mine is set to "prefer max performance" and doesnt reset

                    Do you mean set permanently (global) or as a bfv.exe profile?

                    I have now tried update to the the latest 418.91 nvidia drivers and sadly it made no difference... so i'm lost :/
                  7. IceAero
                    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
                    edited February 2019
                    jasonvp wrote: »
                    IceAero wrote: »
                    This 'ignoring profile' feature now means that I am FORCED to use GSYNC, when I definitely do not want to. No matter what I do (It's globally OFF, and disabled), the game starts up and turns GSYNC on.

                    No it doesn't. If you've turned it off in the NVCP on the GSync tab, then no game is going to magically turn it on.

                    I wish you were correct, but I do not think you are. I'm more than happy to record a video showing BFV "magically turning it on."

                    I am ONLY able to play BFV WITHOUT gsync, if I (1) disable it in nvcp (gsync menu and 3D settings), and ALSO (2) set my profile database files as "read only."

                    The second that I allow them to be changed, the game starts up with gsync mode on!

                    Even when I exit to desktop, gsync is ON AND SHOWS DISABLED in nvidia control panel. Trust me, it's really weird.

                    If I toggle the gsync setting, (on, apply, off, apply), it does turn off.

                    DICE has done something very weird with the nvidia settings.
                  8. g0merpile
                    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
                    It is truly amazing that Anthem, another Frostbite 3 title, fully supports SLI while BF5 will not... even though it works fine. As for a fix: marking the profile database files as "read only" will stop them from being reset.
                    1. Run nvinspector and enable your SLI bits, save your changes.
                    2. Go to C > Nvidia > ProgramData (or yours may be C > ProgramData > Nvidia Corporation) and search for "nvdrsdb" without the quotes.
                    3. Locate the two ".bin" files (nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin), right-click and mark them as "read only."

                    I know why they are doing this, but in my opinion their "solution" is a dirty quick fix that affects legitimate users of the software. There are other and unobtrusive ways they could fix this.

                    Remember when there is a NVIDIA driver update you will need to allow write access, after the update and putting nvidiaspector back to how you want it You can readonly.l
                  9. xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
                    3897 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
                    Mine is set to "prefer max performance" and doesnt reset

                    Do you mean set permanently (global) or as a bfv.exe profile?

                    I have now tried update to the the latest 418.91 nvidia drivers and sadly it made no difference... so i'm lost :/

                    I have it set both in global settings and Program settings for the bfv.exe profile as "use global setting (prefer maximum performance)"

                    I'm thinking that's the reason why mine didnt change.

                    -CB
                  Sign In or Register to comment.