Land Mine Question

GirlMisfit
109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am pretty sure of this but wanted to ask. Do land mines stay placed until after one dies?

I think land mines stay in place for you until 1) they are detonated or 2) you place a new landmine and exceed the 3 landmine limit.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3 is limit and they stay after death. Same with AP mines.
  • GirlMisfit
    Thanks, that is what I thought.

I wish there was a way to know how many mines are left on the map after one dies and comes back a few times.
  • superteds
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe any mines you drop while driving a tank or flying that stuka don't count to your limit of 3 either. not sure what those are then limited to.
  • NuttysKunKs
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They even stay if u switch class ;)
  • fragnstein
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Before patch tanks dropped 6 mines, haven't really checked after patch
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    yes, they stay. you can even change class or change the mines for another gadget. for example. on your first life go support and lay down mines, when you die change to medic and you can still get kills with those mines.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GirlMisfit wrote: »

I wish there was a way to know how many mines are left on the map after one dies and comes back a few times.

Ol' girl, I have said this a dozen times.. Back in BF1 when we were able to emplace 6 at a time, I would get a double-kill (I usually double-stack the mines) but then I wouldn't get good feedback on which locations were good traps, nor would I know where to go and put down two freshies.
    At least now with only 3, if I get a kill, I usually remember where they were, and can lay down 2 more without my 3rd one disappearing, but if my single got ran over by a jeep or motorcycle, for example, and I place 2 more, then one of my double-stacked mines will disappear.
    It's only a small problem, but it would sure be nice to see them on the minimap, or replace my hud briefly (like 2 seconds) with a shot of the tank/jeep etc.. running over it so I can sort of tell what part of the map it was on.
    AT Mines are my thang...
  • GirlMisfit
    I didn't know if you place landmines and switch class upon dying that those land mines remain. It makes sense. I will have to try that sometime.

One of my frustrations with this week's TOW assignment was doing damage to tanks. I decided to try it as support and mine all the roads near objectives. I could never tell how many mines I had left on the map, but I would come back and check to discover a crater. I suspect single mines dont do enough to fully destroy which is why I don't get a notification of them going off. I will have to try the double stack mine.

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.
  • ElToroFFM
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't know if you place landmines and switch class upon dying that those land mines remain. It makes sense. I will have to try that sometime.

One of my frustrations with this week's TOW assignment was doing damage to tanks. I decided to try it as support and mine all the roads near objectives. I could never tell how many mines I had left on the map, but I would come back and check to discover a crater. I suspect single mines dont do enough to fully destroy which is why I don't get a notification of them going off. I will have to try the double stack mine.

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.

For the big tanks you need 3 to destroy. Still works better than sticky dynamite.
  • ElToroFFM
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The limit should be 6. you can lay a mine trap and actively attack a tank that way.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just lay the mines around an ammo station.... one will take out a lighter armor solo.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

Ol' girl, I have said this a dozen times.. Back in BF1 when we were able to emplace 6 at a time, I would get a double-kill (I usually double-stack the mines) but then I wouldn't get good feedback on which locations were good traps, nor would I know where to go and put down two freshies.
    At least now with only 3, if I get a kill, I usually remember where they were, and can lay down 2 more without my 3rd one disappearing, but if my single got ran over by a jeep or motorcycle, for example, and I place 2 more, then one of my double-stacked mines will disappear.
    It's only a small problem, but it would sure be nice to see them on the minimap, or replace my hud briefly (like 2 seconds) with a shot of the tank/jeep etc.. running over it so I can sort of tell what part of the map it was on.
    AT Mines are my thang...

In BF3 I was in the top ten in the world with AT mines, again that was when you could have six down at a time with the squad explosives specialization. I put some thought into where to place them, but some opponents made it easy--they'd die on the mines, respawn, and drive another vehicle to the same spot where I had already replaced the mines. Rule No. 1 for tankers is stay off the roads. Most never learn.
  • CosmicStriker
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this is a old topic, it's been this way in BF for some time.
  • DingoKillr
    3745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe Stuka does 12, 3 runs of 4. I guess Tanks would have the same limit of 12.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess it's different for AT mines, but I'm pretty sure the limit for AP mines is more than 3? Or 6? I've mined up many an objective with at least 10 mines before (although whether the earlier ones are just deactivated idk).
  • GirlMisfit
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I guess it's different for AT mines, but I'm pretty sure the limit for AP mines is more than 3? Or 6? I've mined up many an objective with at least 10 mines before (although whether the earlier ones are just deactivated idk).

I have explored anti personal mines as a support. I would drop a box so I can have the maximum land mines. I would mine the steps or the main entry point toward my back where I put down my MMG. I found you can only put down three. I have gotten a good number of kills that way.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1972 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got to love it when long forgotten AT mines blow up a tank full of people. Though i nearly crashed my Spitfire into the bridge on Twisted Steel last time when the notifications popped up
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You can only have three mines down at one time, if you drop a fourth one of the others will disappear. You can test that and see it happen.
  • ElToroFFM

You can only have three mines down at one time, if you drop a fourth one of the others will disappear. You can test that and see it happen.

All three or just the first one you dropped?
  • GirlMisfit
    I think when you put the fourth one down, the first one disappears. It is a first in first out inventory system meaning the oldest is deleted. I tested this with personal mines which are the same.