Weekly Debrief

every tow assignment makes me hate this game even more

«134
MonicasCigar
112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
GJ DICE!
Can't say i've ever had a battlefield game make me hate it even more every time I played.
jesus, the BF4 assignments were fun, the elevator, hidden **** ok all good, right?

TOW?

yeah hell no.

Comments

  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    now we have people suiciding the damn transports.
    not on purpose, but they're so damned dumb they're driving them in front of enemy tanks all over the place.
  • M_Rat13
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At least the next two weeks don't look so bad.
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TOW is cancer.

  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The meta changes with every TOW update. It's really annoying. I have to read all the assignments before I play just so I can be prepared for whatever cancerous gameplay I'll be running into, since the game seems to be all about achievements instead of having a good match.
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GJ DICE!
    Can't say i've ever had a battlefield game make me hate it even more every time I played.
    jesus, the BF4 assignments were fun, the elevator, hidden **** ok all good, right?

    TOW?

    yeah hell no.

    The last one makes me hate this game it is a massive grind should just be 20 kills in a tank or a half track IMHO
  • ThePlacidHatter
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last week's were worse than this week's.
  • Hawxxeye
    6002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    namvn wrote: »
    Last week's were worse than this week's.

    lat week was fine, got it done in a day. This week is a joke, the last part 20 kills in transport vehicles while capture obj. WTF!

    plz play your own assignments before issuing to the public!
    Here is how to do it:
    What needs to be inside the enemy objective is the enemies and not you, you can shoot them from outside.
    .
    Get in Breakthrough Aerodrome on the attacker side
    Use a good tank for infantry, I recomend the Churchill with the howitzer for the large blast damage to kill infantries who are around corners.
    Once you spawn be careful to not risk by going too close cause after the first sector you cannot get new tanks outside of reinforcements.
    Get in a spot where you would stand as a sniper and start shelling the enemies who are inside the objective.
    .
    Depending on your luck it will take 1 to 3 such rounds
  • PackersDK
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    namvn wrote: »
    lat week was fine, got it done in a day. This week is a joke, the last part 20 kills in transport vehicles while capture obj. WTF!

    plz play your own assignments before issuing to the public!

    It’s in a “mobile ground vehicle”. It can be done in a tank as well. And you don’t have to be capturing it, just “attacking”. Killing defenders while being just outside the capture zone worked fine for me.

    You certainly don’t make it easier on yourself if you misread or misunderstand the assignment.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    namvn wrote: »
    lat week was fine, got it done in a day. This week is a joke, the last part 20 kills in transport vehicles while capture obj. WTF!

    plz play your own assignments before issuing to the public!

    It’s in a “mobile ground vehicle”. It can be done in a tank as well. And you don’t have to be capturing it, just “attacking”. Killing defenders while being just outside the capture zone worked fine for me.

    It's still not good design, as it makes people do exactly what you did: Sit outside the objective.
    That's not teamplay or good for the win by any chance.
    Sit OUTSIDE objective and not cap it, because you need to farm kills for an assignment.
    Sorry, but that's just bad design.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    From my point of view, most assignments in the game are just badly designed.

    "Headshot kill 10 people in one life while prone"
    First of all, it's completely impossible to pull of.
    The only bolt action I've got in gold is the g95 but impossible? No. Just play like a sneaky coward and it's doable.
  • PackersDK
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    It's still not good design, as it makes people do exactly what you did: Sit outside the objective.
    That's not teamplay or good for the win by any chance.
    Sit OUTSIDE objective and not cap it, because you need to farm kills for an assignment.
    Sorry, but that's just bad design.

    Perhaps, but it wasn’t the “design” of the assignment he was complaining about. In fact, he had misunderstod the “design” :-)

    How to use tanks is a completely different topic. But the maps, objectives and gamemodes are so different that simply saying “tanks must drive into the capture zone no matter what” is wrong in my opinion.

    For example, I’m not driving a Tiger 1 onto a stamp sized objective with buildings all around. If you want to do that, be my guest. I’ll kill enemies approaching the objective instead.
  • Trokey66
    8534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The irony in him telling DICE to play them first whilst totally misunderstanding the requirements himself is amazing!

    Last night @Sciolist requested a 'squad vehicle for me on Rotterdam.

    Drove to A just in time to call it. 300 points in Squad Reinforcement vehicle DONE.

    Drive to B and got best part of the 20 kills required before game ends.

    It wasn't hard.
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    From my point of view, most assignments in the game are just badly designed.

    "Headshot kill 10 people in one life while prone"
    First of all, it's completely impossible to pull of.
    The only bolt action I've got in gold is the g95 but impossible? No. Just play like a sneaky coward and it's doable.

    So just play like you normally do?
  • maskedocelot
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This weeks assignment tree drove me completely insane, I feel that it could have just had the tasks shuffled about to make an easy/guaranteed line for the week reward and a harder line for the people wanting their chapter rank rewards faster. Personally I found the squad vehicle and repairing a squad mate to be really difficult but because they're in 2 separate lines I was just stuck completely for ages, the last 1 being compulsory was annoying too. If they'd had get 1000 damage as the last compulsory 1 and shifted the 20 kills to be optional, it would have been a lot less annoying.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing that makes 20 kills in an offensive zone is not the kills, I got 12 in 3 matches last night, but the fact that once the flag turns blue after it was red means any kill is now defensive.

    When I saw it, I thought it'd be super easy because almost every team I'm on doesn't capture any flag aggressively.

    Not last night, I had flag capturing super warriors.

    Got a roadkill in the offensive zone, got the 12 kills over 3 matches but the time is limited if you got good flag capturing teammates.
  • namvn
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    namvn wrote: »
    Last week's were worse than this week's.

    lat week was fine, got it done in a day. This week is a joke, the last part 20 kills in transport vehicles while capture obj. WTF!

    plz play your own assignments before issuing to the public!
    Here is how to do it:
    What needs to be inside the enemy objective is the enemies and not you, you can shoot them from outside.
    .
    Get in Breakthrough Aerodrome on the attacker side
    Use a good tank for infantry, I recomend the Churchill with the howitzer for the large blast damage to kill infantries who are around corners.
    Once you spawn be careful to not risk by going too close cause after the first sector you cannot get new tanks outside of reinforcements.
    Get in a spot where you would stand as a sniper and start shelling the enemies who are inside the objective.
    .
    Depending on your luck it will take 1 to 3 such rounds

    totally understandable

    what I'm trying to convey here, I don't mind assignment that required revive 500 teammates, or 50 mobile kills in general. it could take week, but the obj is clear and team-oriented. Here this one is chance-based, 50% chance I will be put on defender rather attacker, then 50% chance I could get on a vehicle or not, chance someone else would be on gunner seat, chance the flag turns blue before I could get more kill, bla bla. I't simply not fun.
  • M_Rat13
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I completed every single assignment. Some by accident.

    But that last one? Oh boy, that last one. Grindiest. Thing. Ever. You have to hope you have good tank drivers to be a gunner for, becuase good luck trying to get a vehicle yourself. And 90% of them are awful. Or you can hope your squad leader calls in a vehicle for you to grab.

    Just overall really frustrating.
Sign In or Register to comment.