every tow assignment makes me hate this game even more

Comments

• fisknyllet17
    1702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    The irony in him telling DICE to play them first whilst totally misunderstanding the requirements himself is amazing!

Last night @Sciolist requested a 'squad vehicle for me on Rotterdam.

Drove to A just in time to call it. 300 points in Squad Reinforcement vehicle DONE.

Drive to B and got best part of the 20 kills required before game ends.

It wasn't hard.
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    From my point of view, most assignments in the game are just badly designed.

"Headshot kill 10 people in one life while prone"
    First of all, it's completely impossible to pull of.
    The only bolt action I've got in gold is the g95 but impossible? No. Just play like a sneaky coward and it's doable.

So just play like you normally do?
    No. I normally play like a coward not a sneaky one.
  • GoldenBoris
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    for me it went like this....

wait for tank to spawn, oh theres one about to click boom taken by another player...

better spawn in a half track

drive 3-4 mins

park in a good spot, now to kill all thses baddies

oh wait a player just spawned on me

wait dude dont drive were in a goodspot

where you going guy

stop driving to the enemy flag

dude stop

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM\ (landmine, tank, assault)

start again

Ive had guys spawn non stop and drive into the enemy every single time

IF YOU SPAWN ON SOMEBODY give it a sec maybe the guy is doing something instead of just willy nilly driving into the enemy base and blowing up

3rd day attempt any Im only 5/20 on the last assignment
  • Ernie_Shavers
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The TOW feature is a low effort, thoughtless dynamic created to placate us, the players.

It's another example of how detached DICE is from their core player base. The fact they DICE thinks we need shallow gimmicks to keep us interested shows without a doubt that the are completely out of touch.

TOW, War Stories Single Player, assignment mechanics and the gun skill tree are all thoughtless & shallow features that feel anemic and unnecessary.

I enjoy BF V and am looking forward to future content but this company's culture has to change. They need get back in touch with the player base that made this franchise great.
  • BlindChance
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    BF4 assigments weren't much fun either. DICE has no idea how to design their challenges to not affect the game in the negative way. Especially the final challenge is not only wrongly translate into English, but unreasonable in its requirments. I don't intend to spend half of my games trying to spawn in a tank. I want to play the class of my choosing, whilst still contributing to team play. Is this that hard? Make this game fun DICE or just GTF...
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've been trying the last assignment all day, and I've managed to kill 2 people. I've spent ages trying to get in a vehicle and 9 times out of 10 I'll spawn in the suicide seat and get sniped or bombed within seconds, or the driver will hit a mine, or 10 assaults will hit the vehicle with panzerfausts. On the rare occasion when I'm the driver, I end up getting into a tank battle before I get anywhere near a flag. This has to be the most idiotic assignment yet. Not only is it hard to get a vehicle, it's hard to stay alive AND it has to be completed within a week. The purpose of me playing this game is to have fun. This isn't fun- it's masochism.
  • N2h2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simply do like me. I completed the first assignment, like every week then I read following assignments... Really? no f* you...

And eitheir you'll buy the tank later or never get it... Because as this topic title says I won't spoil the last thing entertaining (Aka playing what i want to play) for the worst part of the game for me.

Some past assignement were already boring past weeks, but this week ones? It litteraly force you to struggle to find a vehicle, having a team/squad that will play the way YOU need for thoses assignments and not complete it befor you have time to do...

I got an idea for a future assignment:
    **Finish a game where all your mates got killed more than 10 times, and you got more than 100 kills whitout getting downed or any medic trying to heal sombody in the squad.**

Ok i'm kidding, i don't give a f* at assignement this week. They are boring, have no sense and don't even worst ruining my game experience. because For simple mortal human being, when you won't play more than a couple of hours maybe you don't want having the feeling being at work and being forced to do somthing you don't want to do.

Give several weeks to complete that may be ok, but forcing people to do it in less than a week litteraly turn fun into pain... I'm not sure many people are playing game to endure somthing they hate to do... At least healthy people :)

• Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16

wait for tank to spawn, oh theres one about to click boom taken by another player...

drive 3-4 mins

where you going guy

dude stop

start again

IF YOU SPAWN ON SOMEBODY give it a sec maybe the guy is doing something instead of just willy nilly driving into the enemy base and blowing up

Reminds me how last night some mouth breather jacked the driver's seat and drove us INTO a Tiger tank--as in, deliberately crashed into it. Of course we both died.
  • greyyetigreyyeti
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments like this make me wonder if DICE is intentionally driving players away, i mean they can't be that dumb to do something like accidentially.
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    good times.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • barnesalmighty2
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    good times.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Those phantom assignments were the ****.... Enjoyed every single one. I hoped for a phantom program in BF1 but was let down sadly. No point In V though could you imagine the tedious crap they would churn out as assignments.
  • stabbinhobo
    465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

drive 3-4 mins

where you going guy

dude stop

start again

Reminds me how last night some mouth breather jacked the driver's seat and drove us INTO a Tiger tank--as in, deliberately crashed into it. Of course we both died.

Some language in the video...

[yt]

:p
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    I finally gave in tonight and decided to shelve BF V for at least the next 1-2+ months (perhaps until the next major content drop by way of maps, factions, etc.).

I'm simply disgusted by what Tides of War has done not just to my experience, but the community as a whole. The fact that it encourages such selfish play and holds everyone hostage to its assignments week in and week out (all in the name of time-limited unlocks) is completely inexcusable. And yes, I understand you can acquire some of the ToW rewards through the store--but even that implementation has been wonky at best.

I started out loving Battlefield V. I even made a video praising it and defending it in lieu of all the hate. But I refuse to subject myself to this nonsense any longer--especially when I could be playing other games that actually respect my time.

I hope DICE is listening, and that they understand these weekly chore-lists are driving dedicated players away from the game.

I was originally going to make this a thread, but I didn't want to be Random Joe #2350234 who makes a brand new topic announcing that he's leaving the game. So instead I'll just leave it here.

Best of luck to the rest of you. I'm afraid you'll need it.
  • stabbinhobo
    465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ The game can still be fun... the problem as you accurately describe is DICE's insistence you play the game their way. I still grind out the TOW for the rewards because I don't trust this outfit any more than gas station sushi when they claim we'll be able to buy the rewards later.

Beyond that I've started to play how I want. Screw their stupid game modes and crazy stupid assault class.
    Sometimes I'll tank from a mile off just to see how many PIAT and PZ's I can attract. Like kickin a paper wasp nest... lol.
    Other times I'll grab my ZH-29 and snipe... from 500m... again.. just to see how many no recoil assault DMR's I can attract.
    Heck I've even started sniping with the assault 1-5... it's scary accurate up to 300m+.
    Until they fix this dumpster fire I'm doing what feels good right now. They want to keep it assaultfield 5.. fine by me. I'll play the other classes how I like to best offset their class of choice.
  • PiMaC
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    most hated ones this week: 100 dmg in a life (because it doesnt seem to track correctly) and the 20 offensive kills in a vehicle, this one is just crazy stupid because you have to deal with human RNG which is clearly the worst. like maskedocelot said, if the 1000 dmg and 20 kills would have been switched (making the 20 kills optional) it would have been a lot better.
  • ragnarok013
    2155 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    BF4 assigments weren't much fun either. DICE has no idea how to design their challenges to not affect the game in the negative way. Especially the final challenge is not only wrongly translate into English, but unreasonable in its requirments. I don't intend to spend half of my games trying to spawn in a tank. I want to play the class of my choosing, whilst still contributing to team play. Is this that hard? Make this game fun DICE or just GTF...

@BlindChance the difference between TOW and BF4's assignments is that BF4's assignments weren't for a limited one week time trying to snag a limited resource such as a tank, you could grind them out at your leisure if you wished. I much prefer the BF3\4 system in the regard.
  • ragnarok013
    2155 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    PiMaC wrote: »
    most hated ones this week: 100 dmg in a life (because it doesnt seem to track correctly) and the 20 offensive kills in a vehicle, this one is just crazy stupid because you have to deal with human RNG which is clearly the worst. like maskedocelot said, if the 1000 dmg and 20 kills would have been switched (making the 20 kills optional) it would have been a lot better.

@PiMaC it's definitely not tracking properly. I killed an entire squad in a Sturmtiger with AT mines and it said something like 80 damage.
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

@PiMaC it's definitely not tracking properly. I killed an entire squad in a Sturmtiger with AT mines and it said something like 80 damage.

Well that sucks for you guys. It could be worth knocking that one out in Combined Arms just to get it done. I did that it on Market Sweep using the two tanks at the extraction point. Could do the 1000 damage one there as well maybe?
  • Trokey66
    7789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Well that sucks for you guys. It could be worth knocking that one out in Combined Arms just to get it done. I did that it on Market Sweep using the two tanks at the extraction point. Could do the 1000 damage one there as well maybe?

Thing I don't get is, if you destroy a full health Tonk by yourself, surely you have dealt 100 damage?

Still, manged it on Twisted Steel with the help of a friendly Medic.
  • ElliotLH
    6136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Thing I don't get is, if you destroy a full health Tonk by yourself, surely you have dealt 100 damage?

Still, manged it on Twisted Steel with the help of a friendly Medic.

That is a weird one as even with dyscalculia I know that doesn't add up.

Glad you got it though and may RNGesus bless that medic.