every tow assignment makes me hate this game even more

Comments

• KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Waited 5 minutes for a tank to spawn.
    Got badly damaged by a bomber 5 seconds later.
    Build a repair point. Tank gets stolen by squadmate.
    Rage.

(inb4 "let squadmates build repair points for you": they never do)
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    Waited 5 minutes for a tank to spawn.
    Got badly damaged by a bomber 5 seconds later.
    Build a repair point. Tank gets stolen by squadmate.
    Rage.

(inb4 "let squadmates build repair points for you": they never do)

don't forget planes can now drop mines!
  • Kongo030
    566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This week got me raging as well....especially since the last assignment was easy to do in theory. I usually get those kills in one or two rounds of breakthrough on the attacker side. However now there were no tanks available. It took me two days. I wouldn't have done it if it was for a weapon or helmet I'm never equipping but this time was a StuG so I had to get it.
    Dice should really know their game better....
  • Hawxxeye
    4411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    This week got me raging as well....especially since the last assignment was easy to do in theory. I usually get those kills in one or two rounds of breakthrough on the attacker side. However now there were no tanks available. It took me two days. I wouldn't have done it if it was for a weapon or helmet I'm never equipping but this time was a StuG so I had to get it.
    Dice should really know their game better....
    all the assignments that include the factor "objective" inside them are a failure in ways I could never imagine if I had not seen them.
  • TEXls1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here’s a free secret, you don’t have to do them. They’re 100% voluntary.
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEXls1 wrote: »

yes they are, but so far buying these items hasn't always been possible. :p
    and goals are nice. it'd also be nice if the goals didn't suck. (see getting 20 kills in a round attacking objective, or while crouching, or...:p )
  • AssassinoX1
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had fun with all assignments thus far until the last one for this week. To promote a scenario where players DON'T want to cap objectives in a game all about objectives, I agree that it completely changes the entire gameplay. I can only imagine how much more frustrating it is for players who don't care about ToW and just want to play.

On paper, it sounds like it would work. But of course players are going to inherently play in a counter productive manner to get it done considering the time crunch.
  • Hawxxeye
    4411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEXls1 wrote: »
    It we go all the way, even playing the game is voluntary.
    That does not mean that it should be a better game than it currently is. It is not only the things that are needed to keep us alive and healthy that need to be good.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I gave up with this weeks assignment. If I can't buy the tank, then whatever. I just don't care any more. I've done all the other ones, but that last assignment? 20 kills on their own would be fine. But attacking objective areas, why does it have to be that specific?

Same with the others now, I'll do what I can and buy the weapons whenever.
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tides of War is slowly but surely sucking the life out of the game for me. It may eventually lead me to stop playing all-together.

I hear you, this weeks assignments have broke me. It's just not fun to play anymore, as much as i like the gunplay its not worth staying just for that anymore, with limited time assignments and crap unbalanced maps.

Maybe they'll turn it around, but i wont be here for it anymore, i've dropped the game and gone back to BF4 for the forseeable future.

• Hawxxeye
    I gave up with this weeks assignment. If I can't buy the tank, then whatever. I just don't care any more. I've done all the other ones, but that last assignment? 20 kills on their own would be fine. But attacking objective areas, why does it have to be that specific?

Same with the others now, I'll do what I can and buy the weapons whenever.
    What is actually means is killing enemies who are inside their objective.
    You can be as far as you like as long as they are inside even if you are not.
    Do it on aerodrome breakthrough
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I assume everyone complaining about ToW and the live service model are staunch supporters of the Premium DLC model?
    After all the absence of one led to the other which is what “the community” supposedly wanted...
  • SirBobdk
    3644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never seen so many tanks camping far away from flags on Panzerstorm since the tow. People are really afraid of loosing their tank.
  • Agent_Talon
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I assume everyone complaining about ToW and the live service model are staunch supporters of the Premium DLC model?
    After all the absence of one led to the other which is what “the community” supposedly wanted...

I never made any comments about live service vs premium because I sat out BF1 and that whole time period of forums discussion. However, I was a premium purchaser in the past and I'll 100% say I would rather have that model than this version of live service. I like the live service idea I just don't think it has been done well by DICE at all.

I understand that the content will be slower for the big stuff like maps in live service and have been happy with Panzerstorm and the the tweaks they made. However, given that all the cosmetics with the exception of the mastery items look insanely similar, the weekly assignments are uninspired to say the least, and the rewards are again bland this live model is simply worse than BF4 premium.

I would rather have been playing the base game until now spend $15 dollars and have 4 new maps and some new guns. I get that content takes money and i'm ok paying for it so long as it's substantial. With BF5 I have 0 intention to purchase anything additional unless there is suddenly something really different from what's been in the store since launch. Seriously is anyone going to buy BF coins to get a slightly different trench coat that's maybe a dark green versus shadowy forest green?

No micro transactions=no money=no live service funding=no game.

Again just IMO.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I never made any comments about live service vs premium because I sat out BF1 and that whole time period of forums discussion. However, I was a premium purchaser in the past and I'll 100% say I would rather have that model than this version of live service. I like the live service idea I just don't think it has been done well by DICE at all.

I understand that the content will be slower for the big stuff like maps in live service and have been happy with Panzerstorm and the the tweaks they made. However, given that all the cosmetics with the exception of the mastery items look insanely similar, the weekly assignments are uninspired to say the least, and the rewards are again bland this live model is simply worse than BF4 premium.

I would rather have been playing the base game until now spend $15 dollars and have 4 new maps and some new guns. I get that content takes money and i'm ok paying for it so long as it's substantial. With BF5 I have 0 intention to purchase anything additional unless there is suddenly something really different from what's been in the store since launch. Seriously is anyone going to buy BF coins to get a slightly different trench coat that's maybe a dark green versus shadowy forest green?

No micro transactions=no money=no live service funding=no game.

Again just IMO.

and I agree 100%
    At least with the Premium model they listed what you'd be getting, with this model there's no guarantees.
    The store will have to have really "awesome" and "cool" skins that are cash only to work and I'm just waiting for the complaints on the forum...
  • MonicasCigar
    edited February 19

kind if not relevant here but hey... whatever floats yer boat honey.

unless somehow premium money means dice is required to use their imagination and make things fun.
    assignments aren't as tough to come up with as i dunno, maps.
  • LordVader666

unless somehow premium money means dice is required to use their imagination and make things fun.

Extremely relevant and let me explain it to you in simple words.

People are complaining about the ToW assignments which are present as part of the “game as a service” model where content is being drip fed over time.
    In all probability we wouldn’t have these ToW assignments which people are complaining about, if the content was packaged in a premium pass and a guarantee of maps - hence the ToW problem wouldn’t exist.

People wouldn’t be complaining about not being able to unlock the tank for example.

HTH

X
  • MonicasCigar

Extremely relevant and let me explain it to you in simple words.

People are complaining about the ToW assignments which are present as part of the “game as a service” model where content is being drip fed over time.
    In all probability we wouldn’t have these ToW assignments which people are complaining about, if the content was packaged in a premium pass and a guarantee of maps - hence the ToW problem wouldn’t exist.

People wouldn’t be complaining about not being able to unlock the tank for example.

HTH

X

Let me explain it to you in even more simple words.
    premium money does not create imagination.

• LordVader666
    Let me get the crayons out for you.

I’m not saying money creates imagination, you’re inferring that, not me. I’m simply saying that if we had the previous model in all probability we wouldn’t have the ToW assignments at all which people are complaining about.

As an aside I’d be happy if they simply remastered existing maps from previous games. Yes it could be construed as a cash grab but I enjoyed them.
  • PiMaC
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 assigments weren't much fun either. DICE has no idea how to design their challenges to not affect the game in the negative way. Especially the final challenge is not only wrongly translate into English, but unreasonable in its requirments. I don't intend to spend half of my games trying to spawn in a tank. I want to play the class of my choosing, whilst still contributing to team play. Is this that hard? Make this game fun DICE or just GTF...

@BlindChance the difference between TOW and BF4's assignments is that BF4's assignments weren't for a limited one week time trying to snag a limited resource such as a tank, you could grind them out at your leisure if you wished. I much prefer the BF3\4 system in the regard.

@BlindChance a lot of systems were better in BF3/4 than BF1/V, I agree