Heavy tank upgrade paths?

M_Rat13
688 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After having to be a gunner in tanks to complete some assignments (mainly the last one), I now find, having never really played tanks (too focused on infantry), that I'm now rank 4 on the Tiger, and rank 2 (nearly 3) on the Churchill.

So, I thought, why don't I upgrade and use them, I've got the CC. But, the question is, how? What are people's suggestions when upgrading the heavy tanks? Becuase I don't really have a clue, so please, help.

Comments

• M_Rat13
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently no one plays heavy tank....
  • Nod_1496
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't remember which tree it's on but I've added the anti personnel mines upgrade. Very handy for dealing with infantry when you venture into tight areas.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HEAT round on Tiger will absolutely wreck enemy tanks. Your upgrade path really depends on what role and map you want to play! APCR has better range but HEAT has higher damage output. Turret traverse upgrade is more important at closer ranges, extra rounds is more important at longer ranges.

I like the smoke a lot because you’re very big and often need to reposition and retreat.

I used to like S-mines but tbh if you want to play close quarters just play a medium tank.
  • M_Rat13
    edited February 16
    HEAT round on Tiger will absolutely wreck enemy tanks. Your upgrade path really depends on what role and map you want to play! APCR has better range but HEAT has higher damage output. Turret traverse upgrade is more important at closer ranges, extra rounds is more important at longer ranges.

I like the smoke a lot because you’re very big and often need to reposition and retreat.

I used to like S-mines but tbh if you want to play close quarters just play a medium tank.

Well I like how the Churchill has a howitzer for CQC. It's pretty obvious how to set that thing up for closer ranges. The Tiger, not so much.

Obviously, I want to be in situations where my front is towards the enemy, but I also want to feel like I'm helping my team, so I don't want to be at the back of the map.