Has 60 headshots been patched out?

kurtf5
48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Many have completed masteries (20 headshots in objective areas in a round or 10 in a life) by just trying to do the assignment over and over until eventually accumulating enough total headshots for it to unlock. Ive been trying for a while with one of the SLR's but still not unlocking which makes me wonder if its been patched?

Comments

• kurtf5
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bump...
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it has been patched then I think that is good, a challenge is a challenge bc it is challenging, if they want to make them slightly easier I'm all for that too, but I'm fine with the stated challenge being the one I have to do and there not being a hidden alternative
  • kurtf5
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    If it has been patched then I think that is good, a challenge is a challenge bc it is challenging, if they want to make them slightly easier I'm all for that too, but I'm fine with the stated challenge being the one I have to do and there not being a hidden alternative
    I disagree. Perhaps the 'secret' cumulative counter should be made more obvious, or the existence of it should be stated in-game somewhere (maybe just the tips that pop up when you're loading into a match), but it should definitely be there unless the challenges are reworked. Because they're just cut-and-paste challenges for all weapons in a weapon class, some are near impossible for an average player, as they require too many conditions to be met (e.g. 10 headshot kills while in an objective area in one life - so you need to be in an objective area which is likely going to be a somewhat dangerous spot, making the staying alive for ten kills fairly hard, and those ten kills all have to be headshots? Especially with some guns, this is just ridiculous).
    I know some people are like 'oh it should be a challenge/grind' but actually 60 objective headshot kills is quite a grind, and I think having the cumulative thing so that if you just miss out on the 20 in a match challenge a few matches in a row you'll get it is good.

Agree totally. Lets hope dice actually listens
  • superteds
    909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree. Perhaps the 'secret' cumulative counter should be made more obvious, or the existence of it should be stated in-game somewhere (maybe just the tips that pop up when you're loading into a match), but it should definitely be there unless the challenges are reworked. Because they're just cut-and-paste challenges for all weapons in a weapon class, some are near impossible for an average player, as they require too many conditions to be met (e.g. 10 headshot kills while in an objective area in one life - so you need to be in an objective area which is likely going to be a somewhat dangerous spot, making the staying alive for ten kills fairly hard, and those ten kills all have to be headshots? Especially with some guns, this is just ridiculous).
    I know some people are like 'oh it should be a challenge/grind' but actually 60 objective headshot kills is quite a grind, and I think having the cumulative thing so that if you just miss out on the 20 in a match challenge a few matches in a row you'll get it is good.

agreed. quite a few of the semi auto challenges are very little to do with skill - just the stars aligning. 10 HS IAL or 20 HS IAR while in an objective using guns that require more than one shot is obnoxious - even Stodeh has a video where he gets it for an assault SLR by sheer luck.
  • d1ea
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to know this also.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Agreed
  • javawockyPS
    72 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kurtf5 wrote: »
    Many have completed masteries (20 headshots in objective areas in a round or 10 in a life) by just trying to do the assignment over and over until eventually accumulating enough total headshots for it to unlock. Ive been trying for a while with one of the SLR's but still not unlocking which makes me wonder if its been patched?

AFAIK the hidden assignment is 60 headshots on objective areas for all of the guns, so maybe you just havnt hit the total yet if you were focused on headshots only. It took a long time for me to hit this even though it felt I was racking them up
  • kurtf5
    kurtf5 wrote: »

AFAIK the hidden assignment is 60 headshots on objective areas for all of the guns, so maybe you just havnt hit the total yet if you were focused on headshots only. It took a long time for me to hit this even though it felt I was racking them up

Im 90% sure the hidden 60 headshots was removed in the most recent patch.
    I just checked stats, the 1916 SLR (assault) I have 221 headshots. Granted not all of those are while in objectives but considering ive only been using the gun to get the gold skins and only ever attempting headshots while in objective areas im certain at least 60 of those fit the criteria.
    Ive been trying for days, usually get 10 in a round, and done at least 15 games trying.
  • javawockyPS
    72 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe your right, but its odd they never acknowledged it at all and also it isnt mentioned in the full patch notes doc. Im an optimist so ill take that as a glimmer of hope :)

I have a few final masteries ive not started, so ill work on one of those and see if it unlocks over the next few days to confirm if anything was removed?
  • kurtf5
    Maybe your right, but its odd they never acknowledged it at all and also it isnt mentioned in the full patch notes doc. Im an optimist so ill take that as a glimmer of hope :)

I have a few final masteries ive not started, so ill work on one of those and see if it unlocks over the next few days to confirm if anything was removed?

Ok. Preferably the 1916 if youve not already
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I agree with you, I didn't make it clear that that's what I meant by "make them easier." I'm fine with the 60 headshots being the challenge and counting it openly, what I meant was I don't want hidden challenges that make it appear like you completed the more difficult stated one because you have the skin. That said I definitely have some gold camos I got without completing the stated challenge but it's not like I can give them back and say don't give it to me until I get the 20 headshots. Anyway, I think many of the assignments do not actually prove one's mastery of the weapon but can be completed with just a lucky round of breakthrough against a bunch of scrubs.
  • naitch44
    664 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

100% agreed. There always needs to be a cumulative method for those that aren't 'elite' to get the desired challenge completed.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Done the final skin for the MG34 last night via the 60 kill route so can confirm it still works.
  • Hawxxeye
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »

100% agreed. There always needs to be a cumulative method for those that aren't 'elite' to get the desired challenge completed.
    the "elite" will always have their prrrrrrreeeeesssssioussssss stats anyway.
  • Normandie-I944
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The hidden 60 headshots total works for the Proficiency assignments as well or only for the Mastery Assignments?
    I am trying to finish the last Selbstlader 1916 Proficiency assignment (4 hs in one life in objective areas / 10 hs in objective areas in one round) and I am about to give up on this. Would be great to know if this hidden stuff works for the Proficiency.
  • superteds
    909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The hidden 60 headshots total works for the Proficiency assignments as well or only for the Mastery Assignments?
    I am trying to finish the last Selbstlader 1916 Proficiency assignment (4 hs in one life in objective areas / 10 hs in objective areas in one round) and I am about to give up on this. Would be great to know if this hidden stuff works for the Proficiency.

i've seen anecdotally that it's 30 kills for proficiency, and i've accidently done it for the G43 - can't confirm how many kills it took me though.
  • Normandie-I944
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    superteds wrote: »

i've seen anecdotally that it's 30 kills for proficiency, and i've accidently done it for the G43 - can't confirm how many kills it took me though.

Glad to hear this! I will keep trying tonight, hopefully I will reach the required number and finish the assignment. I will give you guys a feedback if I succeed.
  • kurtf5
    Ive read numerous reports on Reddit that all hidden methods of completing the assigment have been patched out. I can confirm in my own case that its true
  • loonitic
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Will just add to this, Been doing the Mas44 assignments for the last few weeks and stuck on the last mastery 10 HS in one life in an objective area or 20 in a round. Swear I have over 60 by now , in fact in the last week easily over 140 looking at stats :|. Looking at the assignment in it seems to be stuck at 3/4 complete.

Anybody else done the mas44 via the "hidden" route?